Defo top heavy | Vital Football

Defo top heavy

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
With the completion of the Jozefzoon signing we now have, for the 1-4-3-3 system FL seems to be playing, a combined total of NINETEEN players for the front 6 roles.

Surely we will be seeing half a dozen out the door very soon......... he said more in hope than with any sense of conviction.

With the completion of the Jozefzoon signing we now have, for the 1-4-3-3 system FL seems to be playing, a combined total of NINETEEN players for the front 6 roles.

Surely we will be seeing half a dozen out the door very soon......... he said more in hope than with any sense of conviction.

No such formation as 1-4-3-3!

Yes there is. The 1 is the keeper. The KNVB and the FA have this thing about there being 11 players in a side. It appears that goalkeepers are gentle souls who don't like being left out. When I did the FA level 3, UEFA "B", course, it was a suggestion made by the tutors that including the keeper in the formation description was, psychologically, a good thing to do. The same advice was handed out by Frans Hoek at 2 KNVB Keeper's Trainer courses I did.

1-4-3-3.
1 Keeper
4 defenders
3 midfielders
3 attackers

A total of 11 players.

Is it just possible that the FA and KNVB know better than you Swales?

Yes there is. The 1 is the keeper. The KNVB and the FA have this thing about there being 11 players in a side. It appears that goalkeepers are gentle souls who don't like being left out. When I did the FA level 3, UEFA "B", course, it was a suggestion made by the tutors that including the keeper in the formation description was, psychologically, a good thing to do. The same advice was handed out by Frans Hoek at 2 KNVB Keeper's Trainer courses I did.

1-4-3-3.
1 Keeper
4 defenders
3 midfielders
3 attackers

A total of 11 players.

Is it just possible that the FA and KNVB know better than you Swales?

Really? Thats an interesting idea, but actually in reality formations are used to describe outfield players, because as anyone who knows about football understands, the position of the keeper doesn't change - so pyscho babble apart, you will not find any formation quoted by people involved in the game which includes the keeper, apart from that is in your imagination.

But of course if you are able to produce as proof a coaching manual, a media report or a professional coach or manager who has described a formation like this then I will be happy to concede that in certain limited areas of the game what you are quoting is true. You will of course have to be able to provide an accessible source for proof, but given your "connections" I'm sure that won't be hard.

On the other hand you could just be attempting to appear sophisticated and knowledgeable, but then your other musings which are largely opinion dressed up to appear as if you do have a flying f@@@k don't actually back that up!

Really? Thats an interesting idea, but actually in reality formations are used to describe outfield players, because as anyone who knows about football understands, the position of the keeper doesn't change - so pyscho babble apart, you will not find any formation quoted by people involved in the game which includes the keeper, apart from that is in your imagination.

But of course if you are able to produce as proof a coaching manual, a media report or a professional coach or manager who has described a formation like this then I will be happy to concede that in certain limited areas of the game what you are quoting is true. You will of course have to be able to provide an accessible source for proof, but given your "connections" I'm sure that won't be hard.

On the other hand you could just be attempting to appear sophisticated and knowledgeable, but then your other musings which are largely opinion dressed up to appear as if you do have a flying f@@@k don't actually back that up!

The things some boring little people argue about.:help:

Technical coaching plan for SV Hoofddorp youth players. The club has about 1000 youth players among its 90+ teams. It is one of the biggest youth setups in the Netherlands.

Pages 6 to 9 explain how their technical coaching plan is based on the Vision from Zeist (Zeist, HQ of the KNVB), The learning plan instigated by Wiel Coerver, the KNVB Masterplan and the Frans Hoek Method.

Page 13 says We gaan in de opleidingsperiode uit van het spelsysteem 1 - 4 - 3 - 3. Translated, this says that during the learning period, they base the training on a 1-4-3-3 system.

Source: https://www.svhoofddorp.nl/uploads/files/TJP2006 en verder in de tijd.pdf

Technical coaching plan for SV Hoofddorp youth players. The club has about 1000 youth players among its 90+ teams. It is one of the biggest youth setups in the Netherlands.

Pages 6 to 9 explain how their technical coaching plan is based on the Vision from Zeist (Zeist, HQ of the KNVB), The learning plan instigated by Wiel Coerver, the KNVB Masterplan and the Frans Hoek Method.

Page 13 says We gaan in de opleidingsperiode uit van het spelsysteem 1 - 4 - 3 - 3. Translated, this says that during the learning period, they base the training on a 1-4-3-3 system.

Source: https://www.svhoofddorp.nl/uploads/files/TJP2006 en verder in de tijd.pdf

Very good, I'll grant you that the rather inexplicable way of describing a formation is used in Dutch youth football. however, when your using it, your not trying to apply pyschology when coaching a team, your using it to describe a formation and in everyday football language the world over, the goalkeeper position is never mentioned in a formation, precisely because it doesn't change.

So top marks for displaying your knowledge of dutch youth football coaching, nil points for showing it is used anywhere in professional football - your just being clever for the sake of it.

Very good, I'll grant you that the rather inexplicable way of describing a formation is used in Dutch youth football. however, when your using it, your not trying to apply pyschology when coaching a team, your using it to describe a formation and in everyday football language the world over, the goalkeeper position is never mentioned in a formation, precisely because it doesn't change.

So top marks for displaying your knowledge of dutch youth football coaching, nil points for showing it is used anywhere in professional football - your just being clever for the sake of it.

Swales admit defeat, MA has proved you wrong!!!
Don't keep trying to justify that you are always right, I know it's a remainer thing but you can't keep trying to change things because it's not the outcome you want!

You said "show me where". I did. I know Dutch youth football as I have lived here for 34 years and have coached for more than half of that time.

I did some of my coaching badges with the KNVB. The rest with the FA and using the keeper in formations is mentioned in courses.

Swales admit defeat, MA has proved you wrong!!!
Don't keep trying to justify that you are always right, I know it's a remainer thing but you can't keep trying to change things because it's not the outcome you want!

Lol...says the man who started a 4000 post thread claiming that ‘most people’ wanted someone who’s failed - seven times - to even get into Parliament, to be PM.

Would be proud to think me and Farage are birds of a feather!
Although I have noticed that your love in with Swaley has hit the rocks of late!

Would be proud to think me and Farage are birds of a feather!
Although I have noticed that your love in with Swaley has hit the rocks of late!

You’d be ‘proud’! Why?

Never any ‘love in’...I agree with much of Swaley’s politics...disagree with much of his method. Doubt he gives a stuff but I prefer reason over angry abuse...except where your two ‘heroes’ are concerned...they deserve everything they get and anything goes.

Tut tut the remainers abusive bully boy tactics won't work on Farage and Mogg. They've been put through the ringer by your lot ever since the vote didn't go your way.
You don't see those two Bullying or losing their rag like Soubry / Crabb and Co!

Tut tut the remainers abusive bully boy tactics won't work on Farage and Mogg. They've been put through the ringer by your lot ever since the vote didn't go your way.
You don't see those two Bullying or losing their rag like Soubry / Crabb and Co!

Oh please! Now you really are taking the hiss...perhaps that’s all you’ve been doing since the off.

You'll realise when it all comes to fruition that Brexit was the way to go,
making our Country a better place for the next generation!
Britain will never look back!!!.

Latest Rams News