Definitely O/T - The end of religion? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Definitely O/T - The end of religion?

I hope that generally you understand what I want to say.
This is the most important to me.
I am not a native speaker of English.
I am sorry.
But I don't like when someone tries to deviate from the reason of existence of this forum in order to make impression or for any other reason.
That's why my reaction.

You do not need to apologise for your English Ioan, far from it. You mostly get your message across although sometimes in a slightly convoluted way.

We are all deviated from football at the moment and are lucky to have a forum like this with decent people to bounce off. I like to think it's gone beyond a football forum. If it has its testament to the people who post on it.

Football is dead but thankfully we all appreciate that ever we feel we need to post on here given the situation we all face currently is valid

Football is not dead.
There is only a temporary pause in activities.
There are plenty of issues about Spurs and football we can discuss.

Someone would expect only football issues to be discussed in this forum and in particular those associated with Spurs.

Otherwise we could be busy here with thousands other issues besides religion!

And that now is the whole purpose of the wide subject range we're now covering - seriously, you really don't understand?

I guess all non football threads could be moved to the Off Topic section. It doesn't really matter , it seems football has taken a back seat due to there not being any.

It may be a tad pedantic and I dont really care, I will continue to respond to or read the threads that interest me wherever they are.

Feel free to talk about football in a football thread. I am sure plenty of people would join you.

However, extraordinary circumstances require some flexibility. And we would all like to see VS survive this. So no matter what the topic, in this non-football period things will continue the way they are. All of these threads will be moved to off topic when this is over.

Please enjoy your time on this site with debate and good-spirited fun. If you aren't enjoying it, there are literally thousands of other sites you could go to.

Got the impression everyone stopped reading off topic so you just do o/t threads in here. I'm all for it. Some good threads were getting ignored in off topic.

Maybe go back to writing o/t in the thread title so as not to offend the member(s) who only want things to be about Spurs.

Got the impression everyone stopped reading off topic so you just do o/t threads in here. I'm all for it. Some good threads were getting ignored in off topic.

Maybe go back to writing o/t in the thread title so as not to offend the member(s) who only want things to be about Spurs.

Exactly. This group is diverse, intelligent and when they aren't grumpy, respectful. And I like having my views of the world challenged by people like that.

And it's OK to be grumpy every now and then.

Please enjoy your time on this site with debate and good-spirited fun. If you aren't enjoying it, there are literally thousands of other sites you could go to.

Yes, there are literally thousands of other sites where people who don't like to discuss issues concerning Spurs could participate!!

But thankfully they decide to come here to post and make this forum the great place for discussion that it is.

In this case the title of the forum should change because it is deceptive and another forum should be created for those who want to discuss only issues concerning Spurs.
As I said, there are plenty of issues concerning Spurs to be discussed.
Those who are not interested in Spurs issues should join some of the millions of sites that are busy with any other subject than THFC.

Last edited:
In this case the title of the forum should change because it is deceptive and another forum should be created for those who want to discuss only issues concerning Spurs.
Those who are not interested in Spurs issues should join some of the millions of sites that are busy with any other subject than THFC.

I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for you if you can't or won't accept what the reality of the community here, why even bother. If you do, embrace it and keep posting, if you can't as has already been said, go post on any of the 100's of Spurs forums that exist elsewhere.

Perhaps you would like to start new threads or revisit some old ones to rekindle some discussion.
On talking about tough issues, I'm not sure I want to start posting on other sites to people I know nothing about. I dont know that much about those on here but feel fairly comfortable about expressing my views.

We are a community on here with the common interest of supporting Spurs.

We also discuss 'off topic' subjects all the time which is why there is an 'off topic' area!

So the only thing that has changed is the emphasis between Dare To Do and Off Topic at the moment for obvious reasons as there is not anything of note / almost nothing to talk about regarding Spurs...can't see what your problem with this is.