Defence | Vital Football

Defence

collingham imps

Vital Squad Member
Becoming increasingly concerned about the lack of signings to bolster the defence before the 3 August - having watched the highlights of the Stoke game both goals are again down to keeper's errors - an area for immediate strengthening; plus a versatile defender who can play in both full-back positions and an additional centre half. And up-front at least one additional striker.

Becoming increasingly concerned about the lack of signings to bolster the defence before the 3 August - having watched the highlights of the Stoke game both goals are again down to keeper's errors - an area for immediate strengthening; plus a versatile defender who can play in both full-back positions and an additional centre half. And up-front at least one additional striker.
Have a word with the Cowley boys they be blissfully un aware they have overlooked this issue.

Definitely need another striker in now. And I feel it was a big mistake to let Wilson go.

Ipswich say Wilson’s massively short of match fitness which is to be expected but I wonder whether that might hint at more general fitness issues which might explain him being down our pecking order.

I realise I may be joining dots that don’t exist here. We need that type of player for sure but maybe Wilson wasn’t the right one.

The Krystian Pearce rumour has resurfaced today. No surprise at all to see us looking there. Good addition, but would suggest we either think Bossies injury is worse than we thought or that they have realised Bolger maybe isn't good enough.

Pearce is a good defender but probably out of our transfer budget at the moment unless we generate money from another sale.
More likely that we will see a loan option here before Saturday week. Name wise not a clue

We could do with an all rounder like bloomer... or perhaps similar to the fella Hughes from Leicester that can cover all across defence and play holding midfield would be ideal if we could convince him. He would get games in our current set up.

I'm quite sure DC/NC will have a utility defender or two lined up in the next five weeks (don't overlook we have barely touched the loan market this year) and with Rheady going an incoming striker is a shoo in. Despite the number of CM at the club the area that we could benefit from covering is a defensive midfielder given Michael OC needs careful handling and we are looking to play with more flair. I would say there isn't anybody else that can do that role effectively. Possibly another young energetic ferreter on loan there as well.

I worry about people who. after three years of unremitting positivity and success, still find it necessary to witter and worry about team-related matters when we're still more than a week away from the start of an exciting new season.

I do worry. But that's because I'm so caring.

We have a problem for the first few games with Shack suspended and Bossie injured. Who will partner Bolger? We need a CB on loan at least.