Deep breath in ........ hold it .......and ..... breathe out. | Vital Football

Deep breath in ........ hold it .......and ..... breathe out.

moonay

Vital Football Legend
Third 5 baht reverse, at home, this season.

Kinell !

I don't think even our most pessimistic supporter (and bugger me, there's sometimes a fair old tussle for that award !) would have had that on the cards ...... even in this shitty bastard of a season.

Thing is, despite all that, we're still a long way from being down and out. Yep, there's no way round it, some players in the team who started tonight weren't either good enough, or up for it, ........... but that game's gone. It's pissed us all off for a bit, but we can come back from it. FFS, bloody Hull did !

I must admit, while were were playing the academy lads, I was prepared to give them a very very long piece of piece of string. Even players like Perry, Crankshaw and Obi. With supposedly experienced pros now in the team, I suppose that string is now much shorter, but I'm still not going to start slagging then all off cos they were shit in a game. They're all going to be shit in a game. They wouldn't have ended up with us, at this specific point in time, if they were never going to be shit.

So....... a deep breath, take it on the chin and pull up our socks, cos we go again on saturday. A win away to top of the table Lincoln can take us out of the relegation zone.
:punk:

Great rallying cry mate and it's brightened me right up............
To point out we won't win away at Lincoln as it's at home 🤣
2 yard tap in - are you in line for a CB start being that generous ? 😉
I played football with Moonay a lot when we were kids, he's no world beater, none of us were, but we wouldn't be much worse than the majority of that shower of shit on the pitch tonight. They are appalling.

Great rallying cry mate and it's brightened me right up............
To point out we won't win away at Lincoln as it's at home 🤣
2 yard tap in - are you in line for a CB start being that generous ? 😉

Home ? Nooooooooooooo !!!!!

:arrghh::arrghh::arrghh:

Third 5 baht reverse, at home, this season.

Kinell !

I don't think even our most pessimistic supporter (and bugger me, there's sometimes a fair old tussle for that award !) would have had that on the cards ...... even in this shitty bastard of a season.

Thing is, despite all that, we're still a long way from being down and out. Yep, there's no way round it, some players in the team who started tonight weren't either good enough, or up for it, ........... but that game's gone. It's pissed us all off for a bit, but we can come back from it. FFS, bloody Hull did !

I must admit, while were were playing the academy lads, I was prepared to give them a very very long piece of piece of string. Even players like Perry, Crankshaw and Obi. With supposedly experienced pros now in the team, I suppose that string is now much shorter, but I'm still not going to start slagging then all off cos they were shit in a game. They're all going to be shit in a game. They wouldn't have ended up with us, at this specific point in time, if they were never going to be shit.

So....... a deep breath, take it on the chin and pull up our socks, cos we go again on saturday. A win away to top of the table Lincoln can take us out of the relegation zone.
:punk:

A win at home will be even better 😉

I played football with Moonay a lot when we were kids, he's no world beater, none of us were, but we wouldn't be much worse than the majority of that shower of shit on the pitch tonight. They are appalling.

As I said, I think it's completely unfair to lump em all together for the same criticism. Some were appalling, some were poor, some were OK. ........... both in terms of effort and skill.

As I said, I think it's completely unfair to lump em all together for the same criticism. Some were appalling, some were poor, some were OK. ........... both in terms of effort and skill.

I'm trying to work out whether you're a piss taker or you don't know the first thing about football.

I'm trying to work out whether you're a piss taker or you don't know the first thing about football.

Why's that T&C? You don't appear to be intellectually challenged yourself, so why would I flummox you?

Having said that, as an effort in picking my post apart, your effort is about on a par with Scott Wooten's tonight.

Maybe you need to revert to taking the piss yourself ........ at least you'll know where you stand.

If you consider that not even the Kenny Swain team never conceded 5 at home 3 times it makes you think - worst Latics team ever is probably fair enough.
Dread to think what Lincoln will so to us 🙄

Since 1978 this without questioning is our worse team

I probably agree John, but we all know there are extenuating circumstances that are a factor at the moment and lets face it, there always has to be a worst team in the same way that there has to be a best team.

What will be interesting to see is whether we have the worst fans since 1978, I attended a game with less than 1000 on at Springfield park some time in the early 90's (seem to think its was 750 odd or something embarrassing like that), are the current fan base going to desert the club in it's direst hour of need for over 40 years, or are we going to accept that factors beyond our control have ripped the heart out of the club and decimated the squad and that it's time to roll the sleeves up, take a deep breath and tough it out for quite some time to come.

I probably agree John, but we all know there are extenuating circumstances that are a factor at the moment and lets face it, there always has to be a worst team in the same way that there has to be a best team.

What will be interesting to see is whether we have the worst fans since 1978, I attended a game with less than 1000 on at Springfield park some time in the early 90's (seem to think its was 750 odd or something embarrassing like that), are the current fan base going to desert the club in it's direst hour of need for over 40 years, or are we going to accept that factors beyond our control have ripped the heart out of the club and decimated the squad and that it's time to roll the sleeves up, take a deep breath and tough it out for quite some time to come.

Easier said than done, Arthur

I think a fair proportion of hard core supporters have or are close to walking away tbh - very sad but everyone has a breaking point. I know a few who mentally can't face anymore of this crap on top of covid / losing jobs etc

If you consider that not even the Kenny Swain team never conceded 5 at home 3 times it makes you think - worst Latics team ever is probably fair enough.
Dread to think what Lincoln will so to us 🙄

It'll be fascinating to see what side is selected..especially defence.

I think a fair proportion of hard core supporters have or are close to walking away tbh - very sad but everyone has a breaking point. I know a few who mentally can't face anymore of this crap on top of covid / losing jobs etc

....not to mention Brexit ....aaargh !