December Player Ratings / Mid-Season Update | Vital Football

December Player Ratings / Mid-Season Update

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Having spent an inordinate amount of time correcting the Player Ratings threads and recalculating everything, I can now give an update to the end of December. Given that 22 league games had been played by that point, we can also conveniently view the data as the mid-point of the season.

Player of the Month:
August
: Liam Bridcutt 7.20
September: Josh Griffiths 7.53
October: Lewis Montsma 7.08
November: Max Sanders 6.80
December: Josh Griffiths 6.83

* Of the regular starters, only TJ Eyoma and Jamie Robson have yet to top the ratings in a match.
* Of the rest, Tom Hopper and Joe Walsh have yet to do so due to being unable to walk.
* Josh Griffiths has topped the ratings four times; and Anthony Scully, Ted Bishop, Liam Bridcutt and Lewis Montsma three times each.

Home Player of the Season:
1. Liam Bridcutt 6.59
2. Anthony Scully 6.52
3. Josh Griffiths 6.47

Away Player of the Season:
1. Lewis Montsma 6.99
2. Adam Jackson 6.97
3. Ted Bishop 6.69

Interestingly, the top three away are completely different to the top three at home.

Player of the Season:
1. Liam Bridcutt 6.61
2. Lewis Montsma 6.54
3. Josh Griffiths 6.47

* Josh Griffiths is remarkably consistent, scoring 6.47 at home and 6.48 away.
* Likewise Liam Bridcutt, scoring 6.59 at home and 6.64 away.
* Lewis Montsma is the opposite, scoring 6.99 away but only 6.19 at home; Adam Jackson is unerringly similar, with 6.97 away and 6.17 at home.

Every category is wide open, reflecting an inconsistent season and constant turnover of personnel.

How many games has Bridcutt played? I'm slightly surprised he's top compared to Scully, Griffiths or even Poole but that's why this is interesting sometimes.

How many games has Bridcutt played? I'm slightly surprised he's top compared to Scully, Griffiths or even Poole but that's why this is interesting sometimes.
A very good point, I haven't made any adjustments for number of games played yet. A weighting is added at the end of the season as a way of equalising appearances against average scores, but there are several reasons why it is not worth doing yet. Therefore, the order may change as the season reaches its end.

The top ten unweighted after the Sunderland game are:
1. Bridcutt 6.61 (14 sets of ratings)
2. Griffiths 6.554 (26)
3. Montsma 6.551 (26)
4. Scully 6.51 (21)
5. Poole 6.48 (29)
6. Jackson 6.46 (12)
7. Bishop 6.42 (25)
8. Maguire 6.40 (20)
9. McGrandles 6.34 (24)
10. Fiorini 6.22 (23)