Death threats | Vital Football

Death threats

Rza

Vital Champions League
First of all I'm gonna say I think it's rather pathetic that someone has nothing better to fulfil their day with other than sending hate messages, usually to someone they don't even know.

In the case of Steve Bruce, who isn't even on social media so doesn't really have to deal with it. And if he is to be believed he spends most of his day going through fan mail and messages of support anyway 🙄🙄🙄then I don't see what he's crying about

Lastly, regarding Mike Dean, which also applies to Bruce - if you can't take criticism then maybe you're in the wrong line of work? I'm not condoning what happened Mike Dean but he goes above and beyond to put himself in the spotlight and be the centre of attention. Now unfortunately there's a down side to being popular, people don't always like you. Especially if you're trying to play the villain. I can't stand Mike Dean and to be honest it's more to do with the fact he's not very good at his job and gets away with it week in week out (a bit like Bruce). Says it all really when he isn't punished for any of his recent blunders and he actually had to ask to have this weekend off.

I think more attention should be put on referees and some kind of punishment. Mistakes happen but constantly getting decisions wrong are unacceptable. The referees wanted help, they got VAR and football seems to have went backward. It's time they started punishing referees.

People need to get a life and stop being keyboard warriors. Criticism is one thing but going over the top is pathetic, but horrible at the same time. They need to be stopped and punished for this behaviour.

Someone apparently said to Alex Bruce "they hoped his dad died of covid" it's a really shitty thing to say. Horrible but it's not an actual death threat though. This also has a bit of a p.r. whiff to it . For some reason I'm reminded of Colo's letter that he never actually wrote.

As an aside If I was a public figure I'm not sure I'd be on twitter.

Reactions: Rza
The usual shite from our media

How many coppers lost their lives as a result of the Harry Roberts song ?

How many took paternity tests every time chants directed at them on matchdays questioned their parents marital status ?

This agenda driven drivel has one purpose , and right on cue

"A referee's life will be lost if harsher punishments are not introduced for the abuse of officials, says Referees' Association chair Paul Field, after Mike Dean received death threats "

Social media is the target, transparent as fuck !

Social media is the target, transparent as fuck !

I'm not sure That's the whole agenda but it's definitely part of it. This shit has been going on well before social media, it's just magnified now because of social media etc.

It's also driving the world completely PC. I'm all for eradicating racism and all that but the world has gone completely mad.

It won't be long until they start passing laws and we're living in a fucking Orwellian dystopian nightmare. I mean we're already half way there...

I'm not sure That's the whole agenda but it's definitely part of it. This shit has been going on well before social media, it's just magnified now because of social media etc.

It's also driving the world completely PC. I'm all for eradicating racism and all that but the world has gone completely mad.

It won't be long until they start passing laws and we're living in a fucking Orwellian dystopian nightmare. I mean we're already half way there...
Aye agreed, it's definitely not the whole agenda.

You may have a point when you describe the Uk as a future Orwellian dystopian nightmare.

Rumour is, Rafa left China because it was an undisciplined den of iniquity with little or no rules 😁

It depends whose rules you are playing by. Our country in general is a bit of a mess but who do we blame? At NUFC there is are a number of factors the main one being Ashley. As for the country in general take your pick from the government to people who flaunt the lockdown restrictions then moan when it all goes wrong.

It depends whose rules you are playing by. Our country in general is a bit of a mess but who do we blame? At NUFC there is are a number of factors the main one being Ashley. As for the country in general take your pick from the government to people who flaunt the lockdown restrictions then moan when it all goes wrong.
I'm going to assume that you know I'm joking about why Rafa left China SM 😁

People who ignore 'lockdown rules' should not be branded as flaunting them by the way.
It is the UK government who are flaunting our rules/laws by imposing lockdowns.
The WHO, whose advise they follow , recently stated lockdowns should only be used in severe cases, 99+% survival rate of a disease cannot be considered severe.

UK citizens have every right to moan, (I see it more as objecting), to that.

You may have a point when you describe the Uk as a future Orwellian dystopian nightmare.

I'm not referring to just the UK, although the UK have always been America's lap dog. It's a global thing. If you look at how America has been going last few years with police state and private health care that's all coming here. We are about 10 years behind with those types of things, but if you look at the "virus" which is the fucking government itself is the real virus, then you'll see the "pressure on the nhs" is their excuse that they can't cope and they have to privatise it. The hospitals are empty i was taken in an ambulance not so long ago.Look at the laws they are passing every day to give cops more power. I was called a conspiracy theorist for suggesting the government was going to be tracking people by phone apps. What's happening now? People prefer to live a happy convenient lie than a cold hard truth.

The reason I referred to the UK only was in answer to SM specific statement where he talked about "our country", but yes, it's really obvious that that there is a global coordinated attack on democracy.

Even more worrying is how easily people accept and even defend fascism as it's being blatantly rolled out.

Even more worrying is how easily people accept and even defend fascism as it's being blatantly rolled out.

You are 100% correct. The only part of that I disagree with is that we live in a democracy. We've never lived in a democracy. If you look at the foundations on which so called democracy was built, even the Greeks and Romans had no intention of giving people a say in who runs things. Look at America, Biden or trump? That's like asking if you want to die of cancer or aids. That's your choices

Last edited:
The reason I referred to the UK only was in answer to SM specific statement where he talked about "our country", but yes, it's really obvious that that there is a global coordinated attack on democracy.

I was just making a general statement. People are entitled to their own views wherever they live. The government have been slow to react to most aspects of this pandemic. I still don’t agree with people attending large gatherings and then being surprised when they are fined. Would you say that they are just expressing their human right to do this? I have had my vaccination as I believe it was the right thing to do others may disagree with this that’s their choice.
I am not impressed with the way the politicians and others have handled this problem, but I guess like many others I just follow the rules and perhaps wrongly assume that scientists and medical people know more than most people do about the right and wrong way forward. The death toll is not massive in respect to the size of our population but to those who have lost loved ones that is of no comfort to them surely?

The death toll is not massive in respect to the size of our population but to those who have lost loved ones that is of no comfort to them surely?

People die. That's what happens, people lose loved ones all the time. The media are telling people what to believe, it's up to you whether or not you want to believe that crap. It's funny because the vast majority of people know full well politicians are paid liars but they still choose to believe them.

The government do not care about us. They actually could not make that any more obvious. Seriously it blows my mind that people actually think this is about saving lives. When have you ever heard anyone say "thanks to the government my life has been improved for the better!". Exactly - never!

It's a blatant power grab

I was just making a general statement. People are entitled to their own views wherever they live. The government have been slow to react to most aspects of this pandemic. I still don’t agree with people attending large gatherings and then being surprised when they are fined. Would you say that they are just expressing their human right to do this? I have had my vaccination as I believe it was the right thing to do others may disagree with this that’s their choice.
I am not impressed with the way the politicians and others have handled this problem, but I guess like many others I just follow the rules and perhaps wrongly assume that scientists and medical people know more than most people do about the right and wrong way forward. The death toll is not massive in respect to the size of our population but to those who have lost loved ones that is of no comfort to them surely?
I agree 100% SM.

Maybe I'm crap at getting my point of view across but nothing you have written to-date, be it football or non football related, makes me feel disrespectful to your views or that you are not entitled to them.

Privately I'm sickened by adults who seemingly put their own fears ahead of young people's futures, but as you have already stated, , like them I am entitled to a point of view.

RZA correctly states that people die every year.
I don't know how old you are, but taking into consideration the whole population has been locked down for almost one year, and the subsequent rise in suicides and stress related deaths, is this year any different ?

Using emotive language about 'those who have lost loved ones' is a fucking disgrace man and belongs in the realm of the manipulative media only.

You are 100% correct. The only part of that I disagree with is that we live in a democracy. We've never lived in a democracy. If you look at the foundations on which so called democracy was built, even the Greeks and Romans had no intention of giving people a say in who runs things. Look at America, Biden or trump? That's like asking if you want to die of cancer or aids. That's your choices
Baby steps required rza.

how do you explain democracy to a population that doesn't understand or even believe that our 1 to 2.5 million old immune system can cope with any disease and that viruses are in fact dead waste material produced from it's effectiveness in cleansing us from them ?

People do lose loved ones all the time so how is the statement ‘those who have lost loved ones’emotive. Is it just because it’s in relation to the virus or does it apply to every situation. I am not too sure what the issue is.
I think you are clear at getting your point of view across and I agree with a lot of what is being said. The government is full of entitled upper class twits. Look at the Education Secretary, Gavin Williamson what an idiot he is. I work in that sector with kids with behaviour problems. He makes it up as he’s going along. I can assure you it does wind me up aswell. All the way through this situation the government have made very strange no bad decisions usually too late and often over the top. I am 62 and not easily hoodwinked or at least that’s what I think. I try to watch the news only once a day now if that and I rarely watch the briefings.

Last edited:
People do lose loved ones all the time so how is the statement ‘those who have lost loved ones’emotive. Is it just because it’s in relation to the virus or does it apply to every situation. I am not too sure what the issue is.
I think you are clear at getting your point of view across and I agree with a lot of what is being said. The government is full of entitled upper class twits. Look at the Education Secretary, Gavin Williamson what an idiot he is. I work in that sector with kids with behaviour problems. He makes it up as he’s going along. I can assure you it does wind me up aswell. All the way through this situation the government have made very strange no bad decisions usually too late and often over the top. I am 62 and not easily hoodwinked or at least that’s what I think. I try to watch the news only once a day now if that and I rarely watch the briefings.
62 !!
That means you were around when Elvis was alive 😁

Aye, I don't think you will find many arguments against your statement SM.
Contrary to what we are told, most humans are compassionate, but manipulative media slogans such as 'those who have lost loved ones', particularly during a pandemic where statistically you would have to be incredibly unlucky to know one person who has died as a result of it , has to be deemed emotive.

Especially when, and this is my main issue, we ALL know someone who is suffering from the effects of lockdown, some very badly.