Death Penalty. Yes or No. | Vital Football

Death Penalty. Yes or No.

astonion

Vital Squad Member
Following the trial and todays sentence of life imprisonment for the couple who tortured and starved to death that poor little boy. Also the murder of that young soldier Lee Rigby. These following on from other high profile horrendous crimes, once again raises the question,, should the death penalty be introduced. I would be interested to get the views of fellow members.

What Rosetta said.

Taking a life is wrong, and nobody has the right to do it to anyone, regardless of any circumstances.

Make the prisons absolute fucking hell holes though, and make the punishment a fate worse than death.

No. Never.

Troy Anthony Davis. That case underlined everything that's wrong with the death penalty. Utterly despicable business. Nothing but social blood letting and vengeance for political purposes.

Normally I would say let them rot in jail but if the human rights get their way by making us give every prisoner a release date then for the worst ones i.e Huntley,Sutcliffe,Brady and Cregan etc when it has been proved beyond reasonable doubt then yes better than letting the bastards out again.

Villa_Grizzly - 2/8/2013 14:26

No. Never.

Troy Anthony Davis. That case underlined everything that's wrong with the death penalty. Utterly despicable business. Nothing but social blood letting and vengeance for political purposes.

Sorry, I don't want to sound like a right winged Daily Mail journalist, but if it can be proved beyond any doubt then I think the world is a better place without some people in it.

Life is a gift, if someone takes that away from another then they should face the ultimate penalty imo! No amount of time behind bars will change the minds of some truly disgusting people, so I would happily 'push' the button to terminate an offenders life.

Villa_Grizzly - 2/8/2013 14:26

No. Never.

I had never heard of this person so I googled him.
It obviously needs more than a brief overview that I have read but. There seemed to be overwhelming evidence that he was guilty at the time, then people changed their stories and implicated someone else.
As I say, simplistic summary but reason to have doubt surely? Which is my issue with a death penalty.
I actually agree with Rosie, no to death but yes to a severe regime.

Yes to the death penalty. It pains me to think taxpayers money is spent feeding and housing Ian Huntley.

These two stains on humanity, that this thread seems to have inspired, will be imprisoned for thirty years each. At a huge cost to the British tax payer. Just sen them back to Poland and let them deal with them

James06 - 2/8/2013 14:07

What Rosetta said.

Taking a life is wrong, and nobody has the right to do it to anyone, regardless of any circumstances.

Make the prisons absolute fucking hell holes though, and make the punishment a fate worse than death.

As Fear has still not added a like button to the forum I decided to use the quote button.

Prison isn't there to torture, it is there to contain. It should be there to rehabilitate but seldom is.

Some can't be rehabilitated, eg the dead victims of murderers, in which case, they shouldn't be a drain on our £ or breathing the air they have taken the right of the victim from breathing.

The prisons could he halved if they got rid of the paedo's, murderers and rapists. I'd not be that bothered if we got shot of armed robbers either. Or people who just annoy me.

KILL THEM

[youtube:5DckrYRSsUA]

To be a pedophile is to be severely mentally ill, are you suggesting we kill everyone with sexual desires that deviate from natures way of reproduction, and/or all people with a mental illness, and especially those with both?!!

There'd certainly be lots of space for those left Adolf.

Yeah see what you mean Jim would certainly be the end of the Catholic Church.