Dean Henderson | Vital Football

Dean Henderson

Magnetnotmaggots

Vital Squad Member
There are various reports linking him with PSG and Chelsea but Man Utd would rather sell him to us if there are certain buy back clauses inserted into the deal.

The problem is the sort of buy back clauses they want to insert seems to involve Man Utd being able to buy him back whenever THEY want.

Now I don't mind a buy back clause per se, where if another club offers an amount we find acceptable we inform Man Utd about it and let them use the buy back option if they want or need him back.

But to sell him to us for top dollar, let us get him to the required level, then have the cheek to be able to hand us some cash, which would no doubt be similar to what we paid, and be able to do this at any time they want is not what I'd call a good deal for us.

I think we should buy him, then tell Man Utd they can have a buy back clause that can be exercised if and when we want to sell, or if we receive an offer from another club that we find acceptable.

Other than that, we'll have to get somebody else.

I hope we have looked elsewhere, we need another alternative.

Don’t worry Chips. That particular search is well under way.
Whether or not it can unearth any one suitable is the possible problem.
But as always, in CW, AK, Stephen Bettis, Paul Mitchell etc. - we trust.
They’ve done pretty well so far!

There are various reports linking him with PSG and Chelsea but Man Utd would rather sell him to us if there are certain buy back clauses inserted into the deal.

The problem is the sort of buy back clauses they want to insert seems to involve Man Utd being able to buy him back whenever THEY want.

That's how these clauses work and it's the only way we would be able to sign Henderson on a permanent deal. Nathan Ake is the best example of this kind of transfer in the Premier League. Bournemouth signed him for £20m, but Chelsea can buy him back for £40m whenever they want. If he is worth more than that then Chelsea don't lose out too much, but Bournemouth still double their money.

I hope we have looked elsewhere, we need another alternative.

We've already been linked with Ramsdale and Foster. The latest link is Altay Bayindir, a 21-year old Turkish keeper from Fenerbahce. He's been linked with a move to Spurs recently though.

That's how these clauses work and it's the only way we would be able to sign Henderson on a permanent deal. Nathan Ake is the best example of this kind of transfer in the Premier League. Bournemouth signed him for £20m, but Chelsea can buy him back for £40m whenever they want. If he is worth more than that then Chelsea don't lose out too much, but Bournemouth still double their money.

We've already been linked with Ramsdale and Foster. The latest link is Altay Bayindir, a 21-year old Turkish keeper from Fenerbahce. He's been linked with a move to Spurs recently though.
Altay Bayindir was mentioned on the other thread(Who to buy in't summer)by a very wise poster(post 39):yes: Anyone thinkin St Christopher and his staff aren't lookin at other options apart from Hendo shud gi their head a wobble mi thinks.:giggle: UTMPB