Dead Weekend Football Wise | Vital Football

Dead Weekend Football Wise

Big Chiv

Vital Football Legend
Ridiculous at this stage of the season.

I wish International Football was relegated to it's rightful place nowadays, right down the pecking order.
Do it like the old days, a Weds. night game that doesn't affect the league programme, these International breaks are deadly dull.

Big Chiv - 24/3/2018 09:24

Ridiculous at this stage of the season.

I wish International Football was relegated to it's rightful place nowadays, right down the pecking order.
Do it like the old days, a Weds. night game that doesn't affect the league programme, these International breaks are deadly dull.

Couldn't agree more. In the heart of the run in we deal with this.

I watched Rose, Tripps and Ali play against Netherlands. I was interested in their performance. Southgate surprisingly played Walker in a 3 at the back with Tripps and Rose WBs. Walker was right CB.

I was interested in Pickfords performance as a footballing keeper. I thought Rashford and Sterling were average to poor. Henderson pretty good.

Rose did ok but got tired second half and sloppy with it. Tripps was ok. Alli couldn't really get into the game and didn't have long. Against Italy I expect Dier and Alli to feature .

I didn't find it boring.

Nick Real Deal - 24/3/2018 20:46

Verts has said he appreciates a break from intense training and pressure of the PL.

You'll hear/see alot of players treat these as 'down days' and a bit of a jolly...it's another reason why PL managers hate them - the 'rules' of food/drink that clubs enforce are simply ignored at international get-togethers.

Nick Real Deal - 24/3/2018 15:44

I watched Rose, Tripps and Ali play against Netherlands. I was interested in their performance. Southgate surprisingly played Walker in a 3 at the back with Tripps and Rose WBs. Walker was right CB.

I was interested in Pickfords performance as a footballing keeper. I thought Rashford and Sterling were average to poor. Henderson pretty good.

Rose did ok but got tired second half and sloppy with it. Tripps was ok. Alli couldn't really get into the game and didn't have long. Against Italy I expect Dier and Alli to feature .

I didn't find it boring.

Agree - I still love the International stage whether it is competitive of friendlies.

I would still love part of my Sky Subscription to get ring fenced for international football so it put back to its rightful place. It's wrong Sky and the Prem are in cahoots and monopolise my money. That being said, if the international games were always as entertaining as the last 3 or 4 then it wouldn't be such an issue. Sometimes, they've not been great TV and I can't blame some Prem team supporters for swerving them.