Dead Pool 2020 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Dead Pool 2020

Dark humour is the Britishnway of coping with things. Perhaps you gave become too europeanised Prem?

Eddie Large died from heart failure not 'the virus'. Just because he may have tested positive for the virus does not mean he died of it. Eddie McGinnis had suffered poor heart and kidney conditions for many, many years and actually had a heart transplant in 2003 leaving him vulnerable to anything to be honest. My wife looked after his son as a child minder many years ago.

Last edited:
RIP comedian Eddie Large, aged78. Died from the virus

As Bob has already pointed out he died of Heart problems.

You need to carefully examine how sites such as the BBC are misleading people. They clearly state he "Died with" Coronavirus not "Died from"

There is a massive difference in the two but if you aren't paying attention you will assume Covid was the cause. Watch how many other stories you will see with words like died after testing positive etc etc.

As Bob has already pointed out he died of Heart problems.

You need to carefully examine how sites such as the BBC are misleading people. They clearly state he "Died with" Coronavirus not "Died from"

There is a massive difference in the two but if you aren't paying attention you will assume Covid was the cause. Watch how many other stories you will see with words like died after testing positive etc etc.

You are splitting hairs really. Perhaps I should have said died with coronvirus but with underlying health problems, which is what they are saying on the majority of cases. But they are still being classified and counted in the virus figures getting quoted every day by the government. The fact is that getting the virus will have been the cause of the poor soul's premature deaths because their underlying health problems meant they could not fight the virus. And the current figures do not include deaths in the community, where the virus will have been the
prime trigger. The more we know about the number of cases and how it affects other conditions the better, as we can learn how to treat future patients. The really worrying thing is that there an increasing number of patients who had no other long term health problems and also younger patients.
Many death certificates often identify more than one cause of death. For example, pneumonia may have been the final cause of death, but it may have been brought on by say a serious stroke, as was the case with my dad. My mum died from cancer that had spread from the bowel, but they also regarded dementia as a factor as well, as the former may have been identified earlier if it wasnt for the latter.
Very sad times and we are currently taking extra precautions with my wife (she has asthma) - hardly been out at all over the last 3 weeks and certainly not anywhere near others outside the household.

Keep yourself and your missus safe Pete.

It is also worthy to note that when the media says things like 'no underlying health problems' that part is true BUT there's a word they've omitted. KNOWN.

When autopsies are carried out they will find underlying health problems. Don't forget that even in the general public in 'safer' times, 70% of people walk around with unknown underlying health problems; especially males as we're so reluctant to go the doctors..

That is very true but the reality is that, in most cases, a post mortem (autopsy) will not be done. Those are usually only done if there is no obvious cause of death or in criminal cases. Most of the coronavirus deaths seem to be the result of pneumonia or other obvious organ failure because the virus has overloaded those organs or their immunity systems.
And, thanks, we will do our best to keep safe. Glad we got back from NZ before the lockdown. Some people were being quoted £45k to get back from there last week!

45k! Where there's a crisis there's always someone ready to exploit it.

So glad you're safe and sound!

Lord Bath. RIP to one of Britain's greatest eccentrics who died with coronavirus in my local hospital aged 87.

You are splitting hairs really. Perhaps I should have said died with coronvirus but with underlying health problems, which is what they are saying on the majority of cases. But they are still being classified and counted in the virus figures getting quoted every day by the government. .

No, I am not splitting hairs, that type of language is being purposely used to make the situation appear worse than it actually is and whip up further fear and panic amongst the proles.

Language is extremely important when its something that appears in print.