Dead Pool 2020 | Vital Football

Dead Pool 2020

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
With the new year almost upon us, our annual competition at guessing 20 'celebrity' deaths that youn feel may be knocking on deaths door during the coming year.
20 names, too late for subs at this stage, joker = double hit, put as your number 1 on the list.

Here's mine:

1) Susan Bayh
2) Bob Barker
3) Billy Connolly
4) Shannen Doherty
5) Kirk Douglas
6) Linda Nolan
7) Paul Gascoigne
8) Greg Gilbert
9) Steve Gleason
10) Emma Houlston
11) Sheridan Smith
12) Pete Doherty
13) June Brown
14) John Stossel
15) Prince Phillip
16) Chris Doleman
17) Nobby Styles
18) Lee Kerslake
19) Bill Turnbull
20) Harry Billinge

Here's my list, with quite a few carried forward from 2019: 1. Olivia de Havilland 2. Kirk Douglas 3. Owen Oyston 4. Prince Phillip 5. Dame Vera Lynn 6. Nobby Stiles 7. Norman Tebbitt 8. Jonny Johnson (ex Dambusters) 9. Paul Gascoigne 10. Jack Charlton 11. Pope Benedict 12. Jimmy Carter 13. Bill Cosby 14. Rolf Harris 15. Don King 16. Val Kilmer 17. Leslie Phillips 18. Nicholas Parsons 19. Sean Connery 20. Bill Wyman

Last edited:
1.Nobby Stiles
2.Jimmy Greaves
3. Prince Philip
4. Brian London
5.Billy Walker
6.Henry Kissinger
7. Vera Lynn
8. Roberta McCain
9. Raul Castro
10. Jimmy Carter
11. Tommy Docherty
12.Kirk Douglas
13.Hoshni Mubarek
14. Bob Dole
15. Rupert Murdoch
16.Valery Giscard d'Estaing
17.Paul Gascoigne
18. Walter Mondale
19. Bill Turnbull
20. June Brown

reserve Owen Oyston

Apologies to Sexy for plagiarising 19 and 20 but they look good bets.

I thought about both Cosby and Leslie Phillips Pete.
I,'ve taken Ian St John off mine Bear- thought about Brian London too.

Taken Billy Connolly off mine. Talk of him being about to fall off the perch were greatly exaggerated and he is coping well with his condition. Good luck to him.

I think you should get extra bonus points for anyone under 50 who carks it as well as the old and frail who seem to populate most lists...

Monty Python, Terry Jones has passed away. Gone to join the Dead Parrot.
Spam, Spam, Spam... lovely Spam!!!!

It was absolutely hilarious when some of the clergy said the Life of Brian was blasphemous and went on TV interviews to say this. Best publicity possible for the Pythons and I bet they thought it was funny. :grinning:. We went to see Spamalot at the Winter Gardens a couple of years ago - still brilliant.

RIP Terry. I still think 77 is quite young these days to pass away. Poor soul had Dementia though - very sad disease.

I just confirmed with my friend Mystic Mothman, that those two are the top two and, remarkably , when asked what the 3rd place was he came up with the same one as me.
Clue....Kenneth Williams.

Infamy, infamy - they've all got it infamy!

As far as 'English' comedic quotes go, I think you'll find Stan Laurels 'I couldn't help it - my half was on the bottom' will always stand the test of time.