DC needs a few left sided recruits! | Vital Football

DC needs a few left sided recruits!

devonexlondonimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Our side is very short of natural left footers(other than Sam) and in this window i could see us try and recruit cover for Sam at left back,a midfielder to play on the left and even a winger/striker to balance the attack.
Their has been a consistent problem down our left whether it be the lack of coverage in front of Sam(remember Crawley) plus numerous goals scored down the opposition right midfield slot (too numerous to mention) and penetration down the attacking left has been a mixture of right sided wingers who constantly switch sides(Harry/Rowe) etc. to little effect.

Anybody spotted a decent left footer who could do a job for us at the Bank?

Left footed players seem to be a dying out breed at the moment. Appreciating that MaineRoad had tongue firmly placed in cheek I would urge caution over signing our former full back who is I believe 48 next birthday.

Mind you Wycombe did alright with a Dads Army

DC always looks to improve. Can’t see any ‘cover for Sam’ coming in. A new starting left back I could see.

Nice theory RAKIMP and you might be proved right but i think there is loyalty towards Sam, but that might not be enough on our journey to "premier league " football.
........pass me another of those ones i just finished,i`m getting dizzy!

Unfortunately I don’t think DC ever shows loyalty over ruthlessness for the cause. Arnold, Farman, the list goes on of regulars in our team who have been discarded in order to improve the team!

No room for sentiment in professional football and it`s about winning and nothing else.
We will hopefully move to a position next season where there is good competition for all positions and the days of turning up and grabbing your shirt have gone.

Best left footers at the Bank this year. Dan Jones (Notts County); Jordan Moore-Taylor (Exeter); Matt Taylor (Swindon); Harry Pickering (Crewe); Luke Garbutt (Everton U23). Take your pick. Although Taylor 36 yrs old, Garbutt probably cost over £500k and Pickering just signed a 3 year contract.

Our side is very short of natural left footers(other than Sam) and in this window i could see us try and recruit cover for Sam at left back,a midfielder to play on the left and even a winger/striker to balance the attack.
Their has been a consistent problem down our left whether it be the lack of coverage in front of Sam(remember Crawley) plus numerous goals scored down the opposition right midfield slot (too numerous to mention) and penetration down the attacking left has been a mixture of right sided wingers who constantly switch sides(Harry/Rowe) etc. to little effect.

Anybody spotted a decent left footer who could do a job for us at the Bank?

Mini Jeff....but he is only 9. Regularly defeats his coaches in football.