DC Making Progress in Striker Search | Page 2 | Vital Football

DC Making Progress in Striker Search

Palmer played the super sub role superbly last season and seemed to affect the games the majority of times when he came on. I hope he stays, however at least one striker is imperative because we will be in the same boat as the last two windows again, even if DC sees Andrade as more of a striker.

Totally agree. He did exactly what was asked of him and is the type of player we need at this level. I would like to see him in the squad and fighting for a starting place next season.
Great post. 100% agree. An essential squad man next season who should not be sold.

Palmer had a purple patch after coming on for a few games last season, but for most of the games he played in he just wasn't up to it. In my opinion he is not good enough for team which is undoubtedly looking for an automatic promotion place.

No. That ship sailed last year. He didn't pass the 'no dickheads' test.

I read on here that a Vital poster had met JMD's brother or cousin and was chatting about his time at Lincoln. Apparently Danny put stickers on JMD's wrists saying 'Get back!' He also came to pre season training overweight and didn't stick to the fitness plan he was given.
Without the dickhead test, he was nothing sparkling! He was the latest Jon Nolan. Potential, but showed little desire to develop it while with us. No guts for the battle or the preparation for it, and his supposed strengths (pace and deadballs IIRC) were never in evidence when I saw him. Didn't take the Coventry fans many games to determine that he wasn't up to it. Think I read that DC had told him he would be watching us on tv in a pub in a few years? I make him right.
I'm actually staggered that someone would suggest he might come back.

Without the dickhead test, he was nothing sparkling! He was the latest Jon Nolan. Potential, but showed little desire to develop it while with us. No guts for the battle or the preparation for it, and his supposed strengths (pace and deadballs IIRC) were never in evidence when I saw him. Didn't take the Coventry fans many games to determine that he wasn't up to it. Think I read that DC had told him he would be watching us on tv in a pub in a few years? I make him right.
I'm actually staggered that someone would suggest he might come back.
second calling for JMD was totally in jest you obviously missed the major slating i gave him on his play off final appearance
https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/embarrassing-moments-from-league-2-final-postmatch.81565/

I am sorry but I have to disagree. His contribution last season was great and he holds onto the ball better than anybody else at the club imo! He isn't fancy with explosive pace and he is never going to be prolific but sometimes it is more than that!

He is exactly the type of player you want to have in your locker to bring off the bench as his goal scoring and performances demonstrated last season.

But it's all about opinions I suppose!

Someone on Radio 5 said of Rashford, he's very difficult to defend against because he is direct and even he doesn't know what he's going to do next. Sound familiar?