DC Making Progress in Striker Search | Vital Football

DC Making Progress in Striker Search

I hope he is making progress because we need at least one new striker if we keep the three we already have, even if Andrade and others chip in with goals.

Do you think it might be JMD getting a second calling?

Swap move Akinde for Palmer.

personally i would keep Super ollie Palmer, effective scorer given his limited game time.

Final option ,Dick Tacey(kitman) told me the other day he still had it in his legs over 10 yards and would be happy to come off the bench now and then as he has fully recovered from his assault at Exeter!

Do you think it might be JMD getting a second calling?

No. That ship sailed last year. He didn't pass the 'no dickheads' test.

I read on here that a Vital poster had met JMD's brother or cousin and was chatting about his time at Lincoln. Apparently Danny put stickers on JMD's wrists saying 'Get back!' He also came to pre season training overweight and didn't stick to the fitness plan he was given.

That's right, Gijs. There was more but I wouldn't post it on here. Suffice to say there's more chance me getting a deal.

Excellent! :grinning:

Are you a 20+ goal a season striker?

Are your wage demands excessive?

Will you pass the Danny personality test?

Not sure about the first two (pay in me beer and I'd be happy), but I'd fail the personality test spectacularly!

Think they will bring 2 in one recognized league and one non league with a view to bringing him into the fold

It sounds like he is definitely counting Andrade as a striker from that article. If he signs another as planned, we would then have five to choose from (assuming Palmer stays).

Andrade, Green, Palmer Rhead and Pett. 60 goals in there. Lets not forget that in the Championship season everyone but Farms scored and we spread the goals around, So this Elusive Alan Shearer character is not necessarily required.

It's inconceivable that we won't sign at least one striker this window. I am fairly sure that that Palmer is on his way as he is not getting a start and frankly isn't good enough.

I am fairly sure that that Palmer is on his way as he is not getting a start and frankly isn't good enough.

I am sorry but I have to disagree. His contribution last season was great and he holds onto the ball better than anybody else at the club imo! He isn't fancy with explosive pace and he is never going to be prolific but sometimes it is more than that!

He is exactly the type of player you want to have in your locker to bring off the bench as his goal scoring and performances demonstrated last season.

But it's all about opinions I suppose!

I am sorry but I have to disagree. His contribution last season was great and he holds onto the ball better than anybody else at the club imo! He isn't fancy with explosive pace and he is never going to be prolific but sometimes it is more than that!

He is exactly the type of player you want to have in your locker to bring off the bench as his goal scoring and performances demonstrated last season.

But it's all about opinions I suppose!
Totally agree. He did exactly what was asked of him and is the type of player we need at this level. I would like to see him in the squad and fighting for a starting place next season.