DC 20-1 | Vital Football

DC 20-1

Dead-cat bounce for my acca this weekend!

I'm a little surprised given they beat Leeds a short while back.

If Forest had any sort of sensible management running the club, this would be the one job I'd worry that we'd lose them to.

They are a proper big club, and if you can get it right, could get established in the PL over a number of seasons (as have Stoke, Leicester and Burnley in recent years). And of course, as they're local to Lincoln, this would obviously mean the Cowleys wouldn't have to uproot their families so soon after moving up here. They've decent financial backing, a great fanbase, and fall under the 'big club fallen on hard times' profile I think the Cowleys would be attracted to when the time comes to depart Sincil Bank.

However, the Forest directors are basically clowns (as the 11 managers in 8 years proves) and so I'd be amazed if they had the best young managers in the country even remotely on their radar. Expect some foreign Johnny no-one's ever heard of, a Championship/lower Prem journeyman, or a celebrated ex-player to take over... and then get sacked halfway into next season.

The Cowleys will be on Forests radar but not at the top of that list. It is one where the question of uprooting a family won't come into it thanks to the A46 being so much better these days but Forest and their owners don't like appointing young up and coming managers anymore so this is an unlikely one.

However if others keep turning it down this is one of those jobs which might be tempting. Similar in that regard to Hull/Leeds/Sheffield clubs

Forest is an absolute basket case of the Club. They'd not entertain it whilst it's all cracking off there.

Stoke have set a dangerous precedent for us, picking up a young, successful manager. I don’t think the Forest board will pass the ‘right minerals’ test. Karanka mentioned outside influences interfering

Stoke have set a dangerous precedent for us, picking up a young, successful manager. I don’t think the Forest board will pass the ‘right minerals’ test. Karanka mentioned outside influences interfering

If he turns around Stoke, then yes they probably have, I’m hoping he fails, I have nothing against him or Stoke. ??

Last edited:
I thought that with Hurst and Ipswich, but it didn't work there.

Forest, like many clubs, apparently have a transfer committee. If you're going to mess it up then it has to be you makes a hash of it.

I know the Luton boss has gone from 300k a year to £2m so who can blame him. Every move is risky with the way football is.