Dawn of a new era thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Dawn of a new era thread

Think we know where we're up to with our injured players (Lang apart), surely only get updates if one of them (ie Joseph) is going to be fit earlier than anticipated. Presumably there'll be an update tomorrow or Friday on that.

What's crack with Kyle Joseph really injured or spat dummie out
Newcastle and celtic fighting over him
My opinion he wanted a move in January
And it did not happen so spat dummie out
If he hasn't spat the dummy out and is genuinely injured (which I believe is the case) I just hope he isn't reading this Bicky 🙄

Top and tail of all this is that our club's communication towards it's supporters is woeful...not just on about the protracted takeover, where we were drip fed the square root of Jack Shit , but even down to the progress of injured players like Kyle. Some seem happy to be kept in the dark but others ( including me ) not quite as much.

It's not asking too much is it not to be treated as an irrelevance?.... we have always had much to learn as a club such as merchandise and you can add being kept upto speed with tit-bits like injuries to that list as well.

My question - and point - was a general one though John.

What club gives full detailed updates regarding injuries?

More to the point, why do we (fans) need them?

It's just another reason for a whinge ... in my opinion.

I dont see why the club cant provide a weekly update on key players that are injured including their progress and when they expect to be back in the squad.
Joseph would be like a new signing if / when he returns.
Or is this all to do with patient confidentiality that gets rammed down our throat these days!

If he hasn't spat the dummy out and is genuinely injured (which I believe is the case) I just hope he isn't reading this Bicky 🙄
I was talking to other latics fans other day we got on to the subject
And most said what I put up on the forum
And believe that he has or will sign a pre-contract with one of those big clubs
If not already done
I'm not bothered about likes of Lmb this is a football forum where fans can say what other fans are talking about
If Lmb or anyone else don't like the conversation all they need to do is block the person so they can't see what is being said
But what does Lmb always do resorts to childish comments
I won't lower myself to his childish behaviour when he does not like something

I dont see why the club cant provide a weekly update on key players that are injured including their progress and when they expect to be back in the squad.
Joseph would be like a new signing if / when he returns.
Or is this all to do with patient confidentiality that gets rammed down our throat these days!
This may be something that is introduced by the new owners. For once communication and marketing will have to have high priority unlike under the last lot.
Is Peter Reid still hanging around Euxton? I wonder if someone should tell him we've left!

Top and tail of all this is that our club's communication towards it's supporters is woeful...not just on about the protracted takeover, where we were drip fed the square root of Jack Shit , but even down to the progress of injured players like Kyle. Some seem happy to be kept in the dark but others ( including me ) not quite as much.

It's not asking too much is it not to be treated as an irrelevance?.... we have always had much to learn as a club such as merchandise and you can add being kept upto speed with tit-bits like injuries to that list as well.

To be fair Hindley, "the club" didn't exist during the protracted takeover ..... everything was being controlled via the admins.

As for reporting on injured players, I suppose they'd have to consider the psychological impact on the player, announcing to the world about their progress and expected return, and whether or not this is helpful to their actual recuperation and recovery.

I suppose the issue is that in this age of information overload, our expectations are that much higher to be ben kept in the loop about everything. 70s, 80s, even early 90s, it just didn't happen, cos it wasn't possible.

I was talking to other latics fans other day we got on to the subject
And most said what I put up on the forum
And believe that he has or will sign a pre-contract with one of those big clubs
If not already done

If that's what you believe Bicky, then fair enough, but your in your earlier post(s), you'd forgotten about his back injury, and that the club had already said he'd be out for most of the rest of the season.

You were speculating on him spitting the dummy out and effectively refusing to play ... with little or no evidence (other than your suspicions).

That's a touch harsh on the lad.

If that's what you believe Bicky, then fair enough, but your in your earlier post(s), you'd forgotten about his back injury, and that the club had already said he'd be out for most of the rest of the season.

You were speculating on him spitting the dummy out and effectively refusing to play ... with little or no evidence (other than your suspicions).

That's a touch harsh on the lad.
Can anyone show evidence that he has not
See I am only saying what others are saying
There is no smoke without fire so to speak

Can anyone show evidence that he has not
See I am only saying what others are saying
There is no smoke without fire so to speak
Bicky, I'm not entering into another stupid "I'll make summat up and you prove it isn't wrong" argument.

There's smoke without fire all of the time. It may well be true and you may well be right (if you'd heard it from a trustworthy source), but then again, it might be bollocks.

Looking for a beer garden open Monday in Wigan
Anyone any ideas?

What about commercial and more importantly tactical confidentiality

Arthur, Arthur!!!!!!!! Where are you? The kids are squabling again, do something about it.
Only joking, leave them to it, it's funny.

Arthur, Arthur!!!!!!!! Where are you? The kids are squabling again, do something about it.
Only joking, leave them to it, it's funny.

Apologies, been busy with work, then had to trawl through 4 pages of stuff in here that had minimal / nothing to do with the Thread topic.
Moved a random selection of posts just for my own satisfaction, and for the benefit of people who may wish to stick to reading thread related posts.
All the moved posts are in the "Not Latics, bickering ..." thread if any of you would like to continue in there (I don't read that one).