Dawn of a new era thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Dawn of a new era thread

Let's hope Richardson can now sort out contracts for the likes of Joseph and Lang and others that have done well

Nixon saying we will still have transfer restrictions
Anyone know what these restrictions could be ?

Why restrict us no money owed, owners passed all tests. The club is stable with a great future. Many other less fit than us

I'm pretty certain that I remember the administrators saying early on in the process that there were continued restrictions after a club has left administration - presumably to stop them over-spending, entering administration, clearing those debts & then starting to do the same thing again
At the point it was first mentioned there was no mention of these only being applicable if you didn't pay the 25p in the £ to no-football creditors

I'm pretty certain that I remember the administrators saying early on in the process that there were continued restrictions after a club has left administration - presumably to stop them over-spending, entering administration, clearing those debts & then starting to do the same thing again
At the point it was first mentioned there was no mention of these only being applicable if you didn't pay the 25p in the £ to no-football creditors

This is my recollection as well

This is my recollection as well

Yep, there was definitely something that was mentioned that didn't link in to the non-football creditors & 15 point deductions.
I can't find the specific comments from the Administrators but I have found this on WiganToday from the 14th August last year in one of there "What happens next?" articles:

"If Latics are sold, will there be a transfer ban in place?
Not necessarily. If a sale goes through, there will be conditions imposed by the EFL - as there would be for any club exiting administration.
And some will be tied with recruitment. But that doesn't necessarily mean there will be a ban on making signings, providing they fit within the new owners' finances and plans."

Talal teasing us on his twitter account,some great news to come out in a few weeks but does not say what it might be
I wonder what it will be ?

Talal teasing us on his twitter account,some great news to come out in a few weeks but does not say what it might be
I wonder what it will be ?

Perhaps it's the owners plans to emulate Stevie G's success by getting us back to prem in 3 years 😉.......on a serious note hopefully some exciting & good news.

Looking at the chairman's tweet, I don't think he was teasing anything big or specific more just eluding to the there will be a lot of news in the coming weeks with contract extensions, assistant manager confirmation, new signings etc as we start the rebuild.

Looking at the chairman's tweet, I don't think he was teasing anything big or specific more just eluding to the there will be a lot of news in the coming weeks with contract extensions, assistant manager confirmation, new signings etc as we start the rebuild.
Agree with you but its all guess work untill talal lets us all know,apart from what you said i am expecting stadium name change,and you never know we are overdue a stadium revamp regarding seats
Best part is lets wait and see what will happen

Don’t think we will be getting new seats. let’s just hope season ticket prices are a good deal
If the stadium is to be renamed then i am sure DW will be removed from the seats as well has any part of the stadium , and replaced with new stadium name,
But hey what do i know