Davinson Sanchez - Player Thread | Vital Football

Davinson Sanchez - Player Thread

Taricco the yid

Vital Champions League
So we are interested and have made a bid of 40m euros which has been rejected according to some reports.

If we were to get him then that would imo spell the end of dier as a first team player but having someone like him on the bench gives us cover in 3 positions so he is still valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those quotes are scary, waiting until the last minute backfired as everyone knows we are desperate and will up the prices.

Just to compare, Michael Keane went for less than what the reports say Ajax rejected.

I am really not sure we are going to spend £35 million on an unproven CB.

Pollo - 12/8/2017 11:10

Those quotes are scary, waiting until the last minute backfired as everyone knows we are desperate and will up the prices.

Just to compare, Michael Keane went for less than what the reports say Ajax rejected.

If those reports are true pollo then it will piss me off. If we ware willing to spend 35m now why have we not done it before.

Ajax’s Nick Viergever has since been quoted by De Telegraaf, via Voetbal Zone, as saying: “I have no idea whether he’s gone, but I think he’s busy with a transfer.”

Could be close.

This signing would not be depending on knock on transfers, why are we waiting till now to do it!?

Real/Barca/Chelsea have shown an interest if you believe the papers

It sounds as if the player does want to sign for us and that we are trying to strike a deal with Ajax but they do not want to sell. I'm not sure what to believe.

I've even read that despite Barca and Chelsea readying bids to start a bidding war the player still wants to sign for us. Apparently he did reject a move to Barca last summer because he wants regular game time so we must be offering him that.

I find it hard to get excited about any transfer links to us because so many just disappear as if they either failed or never existed in the first place.

Ajax have named him in their Europa league squad... I don't think we're anywhere near done. Ajax are digging their heels in. They know they will sell him for £60m next summer to a bigger hitter.

Doubt this will happen now, to be honest as good as he looks I'd still rather spend this sort of money on an attacker.

Matic - 16/8/2017 14:55

Ajax have named him in their Europa league squad... I don't think we're anywhere near done. Ajax are digging their heels in. They know they will sell him for £60m next summer to a bigger hitter.

What are the rules once named in the Europa League squad? Can he be replaced within a certain period of time or if he hasn't actually played?

80deg16minW - 16/8/2017 17:57

Matic - 16/8/2017 14:55

What are the rules once named in the Europa League squad? Can he be replaced within a certain period of time or if he hasn't actually played?

I'm not sure. I'm still trying to get my head around if he is cup-tied already for the CL because he played in Ajax's qualifier?

Tom Collomosse says we have reached an agreement with Ajax now. He's normally one of the better sports journo's when it comes to Spurs related stories. He says the deal was originally being held up over the pay structure but that seems to be sorted now. Looks like it could be worth £40m inc. add-on's.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/davinson-sanchez-close-to-joining-tottenham-after-spurs-agree-deal-with-ajax-for-defender-a3614381.html

I guess we will see Wimmer leave soon, which would still leave us with 60+ million.

Marc Overmars has said that Sanchez is with them in the hotel and not headed to Spurs but admitted that we are "still talking". So, not done yet but confirmation that talks are happening and may be at a very advanced stage.

Overmars must be absolutely hating all this, for all sorts of reasons.