Davinson Sanchez - Player Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Davinson Sanchez - Player Thread

There aren't many decent CBS around these days. If the 2 Belgium's go then I think we should stick with Sanchez and bring in someone else to be his partner.

It doesn't matter how good you are at the back if there are holes everywhere in front of you, teams will tear you apart.

Alison and Van Dijk would look ordinary in our team. Isolation is a nightmare ticket even for the best.

Our spine badly needs surgery.

I'm still of the same opinion as I have been all season. Sanchez should be first choice and the rest built around him for this current season. We can't rely on 2 older guys who are slowing down and are currently running contracts down. Even if they both sign, Davinson should still be first pick as 2 OAP's playing together in the Prem together will never work. One of our centre halves has to have pace.

I'm still of the same opinion as I have been all season. Sanchez should be first choice and the rest built around him for this current season. We can't rely on 2 older guys who are slowing down and are currently running contracts down. Even if they both sign, Davinson should still be first pick as 2 OAP's playing together in the Prem together will never work. One of our centre halves has to have pace.
Agreed. An it's also an opportunity to learn as much as possible from two quality CBs who, whilst they may be slowing down, still possess great technical ability and football brains.

another scapegoat. Seen multiple fans blaming him for the first goal yesterday and saying he costs us every game. They ignore the times he bails us out. We need to stick with him and ideally keep him on the same side of defence every game.

another scapegoat. Seen multiple fans blaming him for the first goal yesterday and saying he costs us every game. They ignore the times he bails us out. We need to stick with him and ideally keep him on the same side of defence every game.

And he almost bailed us out again last night following Aurier letting Rashford run right past him and not chasing back, not to mention Sissoko just dawdling back at a snails pace or Moura not even in the same county. Any of those right /central players are switched on then they get second ball after Sanchez made a good tackle. It was no surprise that it was a Utd player that was first to react.

Apart from the late goal against Hammers, Sanchez has been one of the best players to pull on the shirt in the last 4 games. I totally agree with the scapegoat comment.

So..........

What I would say is that I would never blame Levy on this one. He put the money down for one of the potentially great, young centre halves in Europe. It's becoming clearer that it is not working out. He is plateauing at a level that isn't good enough and could be moved on as early as January. I still think Dier needs to play on the right and we need to look beyond Toby as well.

A big investment that just hasn't worked out, quite promising initially but he just hasn't developed into the reliable, quality CB that the Clu would obviously have hoped for. I'd rather see Ben Davies used in one of the CB positions currently.

I've actually thought Sanchez has been our best CB this season but he definitely struggled today. I dont think he enjoys playing out of that right CB role at all, so I cant judge him too harshly on today.

CB is clearly our weakest position but CM is also an area of the pitch I'm far than convinced by. When a CM is weak that can often impact heavily on how shakey CBs appear to be.

I've actually thought Sanchez has been our best CB this season but he definitely struggled today. I dont think he enjoys playing out of that right CB role at all, so I cant judge him too harshly on today.

CB is clearly our weakest position but CM is also an area of the pitch I'm far than convinced by. When a CM is weak that can often impact heavily on how shakey CBs appear to be.
Sorry Matic, I honestly cannot see what you see in Sanchez. He is rash with his challenges, he is constantly nervous and his positional sense is none existent, he is a liability, I would prefer the Doc in our back 4 that's how Shite he is.

What Sanchez has going for him is that he is the only CB we have that has any sort of pace.
He is too eager to engage in physical duels and so inevitably gives away silly free kicks.
Plus he is like Foyth in the sense that you know he is either going to do something silly or something unfortunate will happen to him.
We really need our CBs to be more boring. All of them you just know will have something happen to them in every game they play.

Just not good enough, hasn't really improved and making same mistakes. Not composed with defending or on the ball far too shaky and for all his physicality he gets over powered too often.

Unfortunately at the moment he has to be one of our starters because of his pace/recovery pace and the other centre backs being just as bad but slower.

Him, Dier and Toby all need to go

He needs coaching...badly. Well, not bad coaching, good coaching.

He always seems to be at sixes and sevens. He all over the place. Nothing calm and calculated about the lad.
That position requires composure combined with tough resilience. He has neither.

Sorry Matic, I honestly cannot see what you see in Sanchez. He is rash with his challenges, he is constantly nervous and his positional sense is none existent, he is a liability, I would prefer the Doc in our back 4 that's how Shite he is.

I merely think he is OUR best CB. Toby and Dier have been appalling. Not sure on Rodon yet though.

As Ex says, he's been all over the place with his composure and he has always looked a bit shaky with his confidence. What moron decided to play a player who has always been uncomfortable using his left foot as the LCB though?

I merely think he is OUR best CB. Toby and Dier have been appalling. Not sure on Rodon yet though.

As Ex says, he's been all over the place with his composure and he has always looked a bit shaky with his confidence. What moron decided to play a player who has always been uncomfortable using his left foot as the LCB though?

That really exemplifies our problem. Other than Davies we don't have a left sided CB