Davinson Sanchez - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Davinson Sanchez - Player Thread

Had to google him when I first heard his name mentioned Lol. Looks like a good talent but were strengthening an already excellent defense. Nothing wrong with that but I would like our a record signing to be in a position we really need.

SwankyYankee - 18/8/2017 01:55

Had to google him when I first heard his name mentioned Lol. Looks like a good talent but were strengthening an already excellent defense. Nothing wrong with that but I would like our a record signing to be in a position we really need.
We are weaker in depth at CB than any other position. Carter-Vickers isn't the finished product, Dier is far stronger in midfield and Wimmer is very likely to leave. That leaves us Toby and Vert as our only first team out-and-out CBs. Considering we may want to go 3 at the back at certain games we are very very weak there. IMO most other areas of the field we at least have a decent potential player to fill a gap, CB we are barren.

Several reliable sources suggest Ajax FC has accepted a £40m bid from Tottenham for their 21-year-old centre-back Davinson Sanchez.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523394">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

KiwiSpur - 18/8/2017 07:57

Pollo - 17/8/2017 20:03

I guess we will see Wimmer leave soon, which would still leave us with 60+ million.

Would prefer he stays, we need him still.

We don't need him when Poch prefers Dier and even Davies as LCB. He fell out with the manager and will never get any game time, so keeping him is pointless.

Take the money and invest in the squad.

Just saw his highlights against ManU. I knew was fast but my god, managing to catch Rashford is no joke.

The kid has serious wheels.

Massive talent. I hope this goes through. His vision is very good as well.

If we add some pace to the flanks we will tear teams apart at Wembley.

Real Deal - 18/8/2017 08:26

Massive talent. I hope this goes through. His vision is very good as well.

If we add some pace to the flanks we will tear teams apart at Wembley.

We have the money for Martial :17:

One can dream.

Wimmer will definitely be sold if/when we bag Sanchez. It's a big signing with a lot of intent, so hopefully it calms a lot of fans. Toby, Jan, Dier, Sanchez, Davies and CCV is a good selection of players to have who can play at CB or the wider CB roles.

£35m + £10m in add on's actually seems fairly cheap in this market when you consider that he's only 21 and was one of the best performing Europa League finalists last season.

Not done yet though. Fingers crossed.

One down, three to go.

Still much work to be done.

Saw some of him last season, obviously it was only the occasional game, seems a genuine top class prospect - but he'll have to make a step up in class now.

Toby and Vert apparently were the deciding factor to plump for us and not RM or Bayern !!

Who are the other 3 EX?

We are definitely looking at 3 at the back more often than not with this signing if it comes off.

Perhaps Poch doesn't think Dier is good enough there either?

Real Deal - 18/8/2017 12:36

Who are the other 3 EX?

We are definitely looking at 3 at the back more often than not with this signing if it comes off.

Perhaps Poch doesn't think Dier is good enough there either?

I'm pretty sure we know one in Barkley, as for the others your guesses are as good as mine, I've heard so many names that we've supposedly enquired about or asked to be kept informed about, if they all happened we'd have 20 new players!

Sanchez gives us genuine blistering pace again, and probably has better skills and footballing intelligence than Walker - but he'll be badly lacking in the experience dept.

I still think we're in with a shout for Mahrez, but it's clear his preference is for Roma and Leicester seem to be holding firm at £50mill...

My mate at Fulham reckons they gave us a very rapid response 'f**k off' and it seems his family have no interest in moving either.

Liverpool have indicated that Sakho isn't now for sale, so any interest we had in him will have probably ended now too.

Pollo - 18/8/2017 13:38

Why would we sign Sakho if we're getting Sanchez?

Assume we go 3 at the back and have Sanchez on the right - we'll need cover for all three, especially if we lose Toby next season, getting in a top-quality CB now to give us greater depth, would be great business.

He looks a good prospect from what I've seen . I hope it happens. He seems to like bursting forward but has a good pass on him too. He could have the pace to get back from attack similar to Walker and seems to tackle well.

If you'd asked me a week ago--and yes, I really don't read news articles but listen to a few other sources who may not be reliable--I'd have predicted we sign 4:

Sanchez
Barkley (still feel that way despite the injury)
Diop (the youngster from Celta Vigo)
A keeper.

This isn't my wish list, just my gut feeling. Still don't have the feeling Aurier is likely for many reasons, but I am as ever prepared to be shocked.