Davies out and Terry in rumour, does it make sense? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Davies out and Terry in rumour, does it make sense?

Injury's happen! With Terry even if he had an injury he's still a player to have around the dressing room/training ground, passion and the desire to win every game falls off him. Ask Villa fans if they'd like him to stay for another season and watch those arms open wide! IMO as a player he's someone special! Any Championship club would have him playing in their first eleven, wages would put some off but what kind of wage could we get him to sign for. Frank Lampard with Jody Morris here should be a big pull, just hope it happens!

Kenny Burns has played for Derby, which like Guy Moussi is something I would never do.:utv:
Injury's happen! With Terry even if he had an injury he's still a player to have around the dressing room/training ground, passion and the desire to win every game falls off him. Ask Villa fans if they'd like him to stay for another season and watch those arms open wide! IMO as a player he's someone special! Any Championship club would have him playing in their first eleven, wages would put some off but what kind of wage could we get him to sign for. Frank Lampard with Jody Morris here should be a big pull, just hope it happens!

Spot on MoP we would be foolish to turn it down if we get the chance Just seen a video of him hill running to keep fit at 6-30 this morning If course he's never going to be the player he was But I'm sure if he had not had that six weeks layoff Villa would be in the Prem now He really impressed me agai8 nst Boro in both semi legs playing two games in 48 hrs takes some doing

Spot on MoP we would be foolish to turn it down if we get the chance Just seen a video of him hill running to keep fit at 6-30 this morning If course he's never going to be the player he was But I'm sure if he had not had that six weeks layoff Villa would be in the Prem now He really impressed me agai8 nst Boro in both semi legs playing two games in 48 hrs takes some doing

Speculation at best, but some fans never learn, a big name player over the hill on massive wages and your all salivating, when he is the last thing we want! - still i'm guessing those teams who did get promoted with quality young players don't mind and lets face it villa are now in the shite financially!

How on earth it can be sensible to sign a player virtually guaranteed to be injured for more than half the games? Laughable, and then you all moan when we dont blood youngsters or bring in good young players!!

Speculation at best, but some fans never learn, a big name player over the hill on massive wages and your all salivating, when he is the last thing we want! - still i'm guessing those teams who did get promoted with quality young players don't mind and lets face it villa are now in the shite financially!

How on earth it can be sensible to sign a player virtually guaranteed to be injured for more than half the games? Laughable, and then you all moan when we dont blood youngsters or bring in good young players!![/P

Yes hard to argue with that but as a regular under23 fan I can assure there are no central defenders there anywhere near being Championship players As for saying Terry is guaranteed to be out half the season that can happen to any player ie Forsyth Ollson Thorne Hughes

Who would you rather us bring in or or blood who could do the job of Terry?

Well there must be more than one excellent championship quality centre half who could be brought in on less than 50% of the wages Terry would want. someone who would be mobile, experienced at this level and last the season.

Which over the hill costly ex prem player did Cardiff or Fulham have in their ranks? Answer none, nor did Wolves but their spending was in excess of ours but they still didn't go down that route - I stand to be corrected but has any team promoted from the championship in the last 2 or 3 seasons done that? *Excluding ex prem players that may still have been on the books of the team that has just been relegated.

Just dont see it as a sensible stratgey and not one thats been a success, so why would we?

If Terry's so good in the dressing room, then bring him in as a coach, one does not hire expensive players for that job.

I wouldn't want Terry here if we had to pay out £60,000 a week but I think we could get him in for half of that. £30,000 a week would be like signing a £1.5million player and not paying him. Doesn't sound a bad deal if you look at it with the glass half full!

Well there must be more than one excellent championship quality centre half who could be brought in on less than 50% of the wages Terry would want. someone who would be mobile, experienced at this level and last the season.

Which over the hill costly ex prem player did Cardiff or Fulham have in their ranks? Answer none, nor did Wolves but their spending was in excess of ours but they still didn't go down that route - I stand to be corrected but has any team promoted from the championship in the last 2 or 3 seasons done that? *Excluding ex prem players that may still have been on the books of the team that has just been relegated.

Just dont see it as a sensible stratgey and not one thats been a success, so why would we?

If Terry's so good in the dressing room, then bring him in as a coach, one does not hire expensive players for that job.

Even as a coach he'd still be on around 30K a week anyway, wouldn't he? If he does come in at a reduced wage then we have a decent player who is also coaching. All for the wage of a single player..........

Even as a coach he'd still be on around 30K a week anyway, wouldn't he? If he does come in at a reduced wage then we have a decent player who is also coaching. All for the wage of a single player..........

Really £30K for a coach at championship level? Don't think so and the point about paying him as a coach IF everyone thinks he is such a big influence is its not on the player wgae bill for FFP.

Anyway nobody has answered the question as to which club in recent seasons has gained promotion by employing an expensive over the hill ex prem player?

I wouldn't want Terry here if we had to pay out £60,000 a week but I think we could get him in for half of that. £30,000 a week would be like signing a £1.5million player and not paying him. Doesn't sound a bad deal if you look at it with the glass half full!
personally, I think you would be getting more problems than advantages with Terry.......High wage demands and other players seeing if not getting unfair treatment at the expense of Terry's relationship with Lampard. It would not be good for the dressing room in my mind.

He does have respect from his fellow professionals and having him as a signed on coach and mentor, plus part-time player could be a good move. All depends if he sees eye to eye with Morris for a start.

Would like to see a younger, hungrier centre back to partner Davies, although we have been primed to lose Davies, so I am glad I don't have the dilemma.

yes QPR had 33yr old Zamora played in the Prem for West Ham Fulham and Spurs
Hull had Dawson 32.at time of promotion
Boro had Downing 32 at time of promotion All bought from Prem club's on big wages

Last edited:
Looks like Terry isn't on his way here after all, gutted about that.

Rumours of Robert Huth now, would you be happy with this signing or would you rather us stick with Keogh!

Rumours of Robert Huth now, would you be happy with this signing or would you rather us stick with Keogh!

MoP.Reece Burke from West Ham so I've been told

Lots of bits in papers like the Sun and sites like HITC so............... no reliable sources as yet ;)

Thought Hull signed him yesterday?
I don't know much about him but read somewhere that he's now a Hull player.

He was interviewed Sunday his agent said the wages required Was told to jog on Hull prepared to yield to there demands

its been Davies out and Johnson out in the last 24 hours - wonder if the same will happen in the rams squad too?

Latest Rams News