David Brooks | Page 2 | Vital Football

David Brooks

Where did the money to buy Norwood come from Peggy?Hope you find this question easier to answer than the last one i asked ya. UTCB

By the sounds of it Evans to Wigan will cover most of the Norwood transfer fee. We've had Wigan's trousers down there. Add Leonard to Millwall and we've got some spare change.

Egan and Madine's wages we can assume were paid for with some of the Brooks money. But all we can do is assume because we're kings of the undisclosed fee.

By the sounds of it Evans to Wigan will cover most of the Norwood transfer fee. We've had Wigan's trousers down there. Add Leonard to Millwall and we've got some spare change.

Egan and Madine's wages we can assume were paid for with some of the Brooks money. But all we can do is assume because we're kings of the undisclosed fee.
agree with that norwoods cost us nowt really and hes better than those 2 put together anyway only thing that slightly concerns me is how low brighton let him go for should have been 5m imo wonder if theyve been given first option on jack o connell if we decide to sell

What last question weirdo, Norwood cost 10 million did he,

You really must be bored if stalking people on a football forum is how you get your kicks, like I said, Weirdo
Stalkin?:LOL: It's a forum soft tops folk post and others answer, sometimes to agree sometimes to disagree.:yes: The first question was name a club/manager who aint med any mistakes in't transfer market.D'ya really think clubs alluss spend everythin on the transfer deals? Players dunt play for nowt ya know.Weirdo dearie me owd peggy.:giggle:UTCB

I never want to see players injured,especially someone like BROOKSY who's a good fella as well as bein a very good talent.UTPB

Stalkin?:LOL: It's a forum soft tops folk post and others answer, sometimes to agree sometimes to disagree.:yes: The first question was name a club/manager who aint med any mistakes in't transfer market.D'ya really think clubs alluss spend everythin on the transfer deals? Players dunt play for nowt ya know.Weirdo dearie me owd peggy.:giggle:UTCB

As much as we all admire Wilder, I hope that people agree with me that he's made some bad signings in the few transfer windows that he's been with the club - particularly in January. Hanson, Holmes, Leonard, Ched Evans (he hasn't played), Hussey, Wilson to name some.

I think club/managers are historically remembered for the good signings they make and can often forget the bad ones! That doesn't mean in anyway that I'm suggesting CW is a bad manager - with 3 promotions in 4 seasons, how can he be? But more often we only remember the good things managers did - unless they were really bad (i.e. Adkins, Adams & Weir).

Hanson clearly helped us out of the pub league and we made a profit on Leonard so scrub them from the list,nobody gets it right all the time not even the greats every transfer has some element of risk attached to it usually the more you spend the less the risk

I'm not knocking CW...

but his long term chasing down of Ricky Holmes seems to mirrored in his chase of Lys Moussett - he's been after him for a while

Just hope Moussett works out ?

As much as we all admire Wilder, I hope that people agree with me that he's made some bad signings in the few transfer windows that he's been with the club - particularly in January. Hanson, Holmes, Leonard, Ched Evans (he hasn't played), Hussey, Wilson to name some.

I think club/managers are historically remembered for the good signings they make and can often forget the bad ones! That doesn't mean in anyway that I'm suggesting CW is a bad manager - with 3 promotions in 4 seasons, how can he be? But more often we only remember the good things managers did - unless they were really bad (i.e. Adkins, Adams & Weir).
No Manager get's everythin r8,LORD WILDER included,BUT the way he's turned our club round is wonderful and ya know wot if the worst happens and we go back t'Championship after only this one season in't BIG time,he'll still get my 100% backin,cos as TINA's song sez,he's Simply the Best.:yes: Theer's been other signings that aint worked out ie; Carruthers(who i thought wudda dun alot better wi us) Lavery who i thought wasn't gud enuff in League One,then ya come on to the likes of Lee Evans(scored anutha classic yesdi) but we med a profit on him when we sold him to Wigan and replaced him wi OLLIE,wonderful business by LORD WILDER.UTPB

No Manager get's everythin r8,LORD WILDER included,BUT the way he's turned our club round is wonderful and ya know wot if the worst happens and we go back t'Championship after only this one season in't BIG time,he'll still get my 100% backin,cos as TINA's song sez,he's Simply the Best.:yes: Theer's been other signings that aint worked out ie; Carruthers(who i thought wudda dun alot better wi us) Lavery who i thought wasn't gud enuff in League One,then ya come on to the likes of Lee Evans(scored anutha classic yesdi) but we med a profit on him when we sold him to Wigan and replaced him wi OLLIE,wonderful business by LORD WILDER.UTPB
yes i agree with you there on carruthers really thought he would become the real deal but he just went backwards bit of a waste really imo

Hanson clearly helped us out of the pub league and we made a profit on Leonard so scrub them from the list,nobody gets it right all the time not even the greats every transfer has some element of risk attached to it usually the more you spend the less the risk

I think looking at the deals made so far, you would argue that they are potentially low risk, with the exception of McBurnie and possibily Mousset. If United stay up they'll be masterminded signings, whereas if we do go straight back down, the money spent isn't excessive - when you consider Assombalonga cost Boro £15million, and Rhodes was £10.5million, the money being splashed around in the Championship these days are only what united have more-or-less paid for players.

FYI - in my initial comment, I was by no means suggesting that Sir Chris is a bad manager. He's been our savour, and whatever happens this season will be a club legend.

I think you have misinterpreted what I meant by low risk it wasn’t in relation to money possibly lost but what the player can bring to your team the more you spend the more likely the player will add the qualities you are looking for in him to add to your team
The jury is out on mousset atm until he gets fit and a regular start,however it’s unlike Chris to splash so much on one player so I have trust in his judgement