Dave Greenfield | Page 2 | Vital Football

Dave Greenfield

Dave Greenfield had come into the Stranglers from a Prog Rock background. Believe the likes of Rick Wakeman had been one of his influences.
Jet Black, on drums, was from a Jazz background.
So the Stranglers were set up quite differently from the usual punk bands they were lumped in with.
I'd got into them in early 77 and loved them from the start. Got to see them quite a number of times over the years (and decades).

Never managed to see Notty's band though!
And guessing he never saw mine - a brief appearance whilst at uni with the Locomotives... plus a couple of assists with John Otway and performing in my own right - for which biggest crowd was a packed 1500, on same stage as U2 and REM had played, just not at same time!

Pete Way, bassist with UFO heads off. I saw them in Boston, circa 1985.
A real wild man of rock and another who seemed to appeal as much to fans of punk as heavy metal. After leaving UFO he started up his own band called, unsurprisingly, Waysted. Saw them at Southampton Gaumont on 1983 supporting Dio.

Dave Greenfield had come into the Stranglers from a Prog Rock background. Believe the likes of Rick Wakeman had been one of his influences.
Jet Black, on drums, was from a Jazz background.
So the Stranglers were set up quite differently from the usual punk bands they were lumped in with.
I'd got into them in early 77 and loved them from the start. Got to see them quite a number of times over the years (and decades).

Never managed to see Notty's band though!
And guessing he never saw mine - a brief appearance whilst at uni with the Locomotives... plus a couple of assists with John Otway and performing in my own right - for which biggest crowd was a packed 1500, on same stage as U2 and REM had played, just not at same time!

I was there for Pointy Bosses opening gig! A claim to fame few can make :) They were a lot better than I thought they were going to be...

Won't be attending Notty's folk gigs though, not a fan of the old Shetland sweater and finger in the ear sound, apart from Mulligan and O'Hare they are excellent!

I was there for Pointy Bosses opening gig! A claim to fame few can make :) They were a lot better than I thought they were going to be...

Won't be attending Notty's folk gigs though, not a fan of the old Shetland sweater and finger in the ear sound, apart from Mulligan and O'Hare they are excellent!

You might be surprised that we're better at that than you think, as well. ;)