Darren Moore leaves Doncaster | Page 2 | Vital Football

Darren Moore leaves Doncaster

Does anyone know the last time 2 teams met on a Saturday and both were then looking for a new Manager on the Monday (Ipswich beat Donny on Sat)

I would say between this and losing some of their best players in Jan, Doncaster would do well to earn a play off spot now.

I've been reading the Donny forum. It seems Moore was well backed in the January market. Yes they lost their captain but Moore was allowed to bring in numerous players too.
I'm disappointed in Darren Moore's decision and I fear he'll regret it a few months from now.

Does anyone know the last time 2 teams met on a Saturday and both were then looking for a new Manager on the Monday (Ipswich beat Donny on Sat)

There was a bizarre situation like that at Christmas three years ago.

Carlos Carvalhal was sacked by Sheffield Wednesday on Christmas Eve after they got beaten 2-1 at home by Middlesbrough the day before.

Bizarrely Middlesbrough had already sacked Garry Monk the previous evening despite the win.

Last edited:
I've been reading the Donny forum. It seems Moore was well backed in the January market. Yes they lost their captain but Moore was allowed to bring in numerous players too.
I'm disappointed in Darren Moore's decision and I fear he'll regret it a few months from now.
If The Wendies are true to form, he might not be their last manager this season!
Crazy decision. As we know, money talks.