Daring To Dream | Vital Football

Daring To Dream

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
I daren't. I am refusing to think about the consequences of wining or losing because both are too massive. Not reading match previews or stories about what it means to the folks of Hartlepool etc. I just can't. My focus is on the game itself, as though it was just another Pools match(as if). So wondering how it will pan out? Torquay manager is a wiley old fox so might surprise us with his game plan like he did against Notts last week. Of course DC knows a bit about tactics as well so maybe they cancel each other out? I am sure it will be a tight game and may well hinge on a ref's decision or a mistake caused by nerves or fatigue: a whole season's toil decided in a second or two! Whatever happens I am steeling myself to believe that this season has been a success because in so many ways it has been. I am just hoping I am not saying it to console myself. Feel better now I've said it.

Last edited:
Like you Alf2 I can't bear to look at match previews or stories associated with Pools, neither shall I be watching the match itself as I think the anxiety levels might be too much!
Pools don't have a good record against Johnson and the various teams he's been in charge of over the years, my only hope is that DC and his team are impervious to Pools past history.

Apparently on Fathers Day, dreams do come true "Who's the Daddy "?

Though BBC still think Torquay won the penalty shoot out !

I am still thinking I might wake up to find it was all a dream. I have never experienced such a roller coaster of emotion. Worth it. Pools back in the Football League.......Full credit to Dave C and the lads who gave their all. They certainly did it the hard way. I think I'll have a lie down!!!

DC is on top of the world and rightly so but if we aren't in the top 5 League2 after half a dozen games next season some will be calling for him to be sacked. That's if he's still with us.

Keeping DC, Rhys Oates, Armstrong and Sterry will be a challenge but more likely now we are the FL. As long as we are nowhere near the bottom, I dont care where we finish next season.