Darikwa v Lichaj | Page 2 | Vital Football

Darikwa v Lichaj

Darikwa v Lichaj

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lichaj was often poor, sometimes sensational, regularly OK. As was rightly said, he had pashun.

Darikwa always was masterbate but now is actually quite good but nowhere near as pashunate as Lichaj despite probably being the closest player growing up to the City Ground out of any player in the club's history and Lichaj being a Yank so clearly not being in a position to know anything about football.

Hope this clears things up for everyone.

I agree, Darikwa has improved considerably, and he still is not, and never will be good enough.

Anyone who took the time to observe Lichaj's contribution in games, rather than his moronic hand clapping, would have noticed how poor a player he was.

As with all players, I give them the benefit of the doubt - TD could be a much better player, if he continues to develop/learn.

Eric is a Championship full back - we're a Championship club, he has him limitations but all do at this level.

Of course you're not going to find world class players with no flaws in their game at this level, but that doesn't mean we should be content with defenders who can't defend.

We've had too many of them in recent years - Traore, Mancienne, Mills - and I think Eric stood out in a bad crowd. I'm sure there's a reason why he's gone to a club who look like they'll be playing in League One next year.

Of course you're not going to find world class players with no flaws in their game at this level, but that doesn't mean we should be content with defenders who can't defend.

We've had too many of them in recent years - Traore, Mancienne, Mills - and I think Eric stood out in a bad crowd. I'm sure there's a reason why he's gone to a club who look like they'll be playing in League One next year.

But that's the point AC - if you are surrounded by other poor players, then you are always up against it - similarly, better players should have a more positive impact.

What Eric lacks in ability, given he is an average Championship full back - he made up for with effort, desire etc - despite his limitations. He deservedly won POTY in a very poor side and is probably in a similar position at Hull.

Personally, I think a full back is better - IF - he has a good wide player ahead of him but the way we set up, not only that TD has a much better, stronger defensive midfield and better central defenders to offer cover.

We've had plenty of full backs worse than Eric - again, doesn't mean I'm content with that - more that it is something we've had to be content with.

Think we just have differing opinions on this one OKD. I gather that you think Lichaj was a decent defender among a group of poor defenders; I think he was a poor defender who contributed to us having a poor team for several years.

Wasn't upset to see him leave, we haven't missed him and I think it speaks volumes that he's ended up at Hull.

Although to be fair he did give us a couple of great individual moments, his control and volley against Arsenal being the most memorable.

I agree, Darikwa has improved considerably, and he still is not, and never will be good enough.

Anyone who took the time to observe Lichaj's contribution in games, rather than his moronic hand clapping, would have noticed how poor a player he was.

Good enough for what exactly? The same could be levelled at virtually every member of the squad depending upon our objectives.

Think we just have differing opinions on this one OKD. I gather that you think Lichaj was a decent defender among a group of poor defenders; I think he was a poor defender who contributed to us having a poor team for several years.

Wasn't upset to see him leave, we haven't missed him and I think it speaks volumes that he's ended up at Hull.

No I think Lichaj was & is an average Championship full back and was, at the time - the pick of the players on display. Look at some of the players he played with in those last few seasons & the ineptitude of the managers.

Yes he contributed to us being a poor team, but anymore so than Mills, Mancienne, Traore, Hobbs, Perquis, Hilda Pereira, Lica, Dumitru, Stoijkovic, Henderson, Bendtner, Vellios, McCormack, Kasami, Carayol, Fryatt, Macheda, O'Grady, Kelvin Wilson....

Pretty depressing looking back at some of those names & that was just off the top of my head!

Yes he contributed to us being a poor team, but anymore so than Mills, Mancienne, Traore, Hobbs, Perquis, Hilda Pereira, Lica, Dumitru, Stoijkovic, Henderson, Bendtner, Vellios, McCormack, Kasami, Carayol, Fryatt, Macheda, O'Grady, Kelvin Wilson....

No he didn't contribute any more so than those players, but there's a reason why Eric and all of those listed above are no longer at the club.

For me it ultimately comes down to whether we actually miss Lichaj and if we'd be a stronger team if he stayed? Personally I think not and that Darikwa, Janko and Byram (assuming he stays with us when he's fit) are all upgrades.

There hasn't been a point at any time this season where I've thought: "I wish we'd have kept Lichaj, we could really do with him".

His all round performance against Arsenal was arguably the best individual performance by a Forest player for at least the last 10 years though.

No he didn't contribute any more so than those players, but there's a reason why Eric and all of those listed above are no longer at the club.

For me it ultimately comes down to whether we actually miss Lichaj and if we'd be a stronger team if he stayed? Personally I think not and that Darikwa, Janko and Byram (assuming he stays with us when he's fit) are all upgrades.

There hasn't been a point at any time this season where I've thought: "I wish we'd have kept Lichaj, we could really do with him".

I'd go along wit that and no doubt we will be saying the same IF we continue to progress.

I just give him credit for what he did whilst here - there are plenty more from that list that really do deserve criticism and most worryingly for a lack of effort & desire.

If you have technical limitations, then at least make up for it by really putting a shift in, not swanning around the pitch as though football owes you a living!

Good enough for what exactly? The same could be levelled at virtually every member of the squad depending upon our objectives.

I don't think he is good enough for where we are at the moment, and, despite the improvement on his earlier efforts, I just cannot see him improving sufficiently enough to be a competent Championship level Full Back.

All teams have weak links; unfortunately, he happens to be ours at the moment.

I don't think he is good enough for where we are at the moment, and, despite the improvement on his earlier efforts, I just cannot see him improving sufficiently enough to be a competent Championship level Full Back.

All teams have weak links; unfortunately, he happens to be ours at the moment.

He's far stronger than Robinson. Yesterday at one point he was even having to cover for him and once Bolasie switched sides he didn't have anything like the same impact. Comfortably our best defender last night and has been excellent for a while.

Eric will always have a place as a red Im sure. Loved the guy and thought he deserved his chance under the gaffer.
The gaffer is looking ahead tho too, and Darikwa is some athlete. If he continues to develop he could cement that place for years.

No one in their right mind is going to change their minds on the basis of a good, and it was good, 45 minutes against the bottom of the table.

He reverted to type in the second half putting us under pressure with some awful decision making.

No one in their right mind is going to change their minds on the basis of a good, and it was good, 45 minutes against the bottom of the table.

He reverted to type in the second half putting us under pressure with some awful decision making.

That is true. He did make some shocking passes and mistakes to put us under pressure second half.

I think it's fair to say that the Darikwa of the majority of his time here is not as good as Lichaj (who Hull fans love) and is not good enough.

The Darikwa of the last few games is significantly superior to Lichaj even at his best and is an excellent championship player.

However, I would caution that by saying he still very much is a Championship player. While Lolley and and probably Carvalho look like they could do a job at the level above, I wouldn't say that of Darikwa yet.

But I am delighted with the improvement and, the odd mistake aside, I can only praise his recent performances