Darikwa v Lichaj | Vital Football

Darikwa v Lichaj

Darikwa v Lichaj

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
Never been a real fan of Darikwa although I have to say he has improved a bit lately.

Always had plenty of time the for Mr Consistency (Eric Lichaj) who would give you 120%
every game - I was like a lot of you, surprised when we let him go even though we had
Byram coming in.

So over to you Darikwa or Lichaj and your thoughts???

Darikwa had a tough start but has really improved under AK's management. In recent weeks he's looked fairly solid defensively and has attacked with more purpose and confidence than at any point last season.

I was never a big fan of Lichaj as I've said many times on here over the years. His work rate was never in doubt and he evidently enjoyed playing for Forest, but I think this masked his actual footballing ability with many of his admirers. I lost count of the number of wingers who had him on toast and it was obvious that many teams targeted him as a weak link.

On balance I'd say Darikwa just edges it as it his recent improvements indicate he could be a step up from Lichaj in the long-term, but I think a fully fit Byram would have been an improvement on both.

Darikwa had a tough start but has really improved under AK's management. In recent weeks he's looked fairly solid defensively and has attacked with more purpose and confidence than at any point last season.

I was never a big fan of Lichaj as I've said many times on here over the years. His work rate was never in doubt and he evidently enjoyed playing for Forest, but I think this masked his actual footballing ability with many of his admirers. I lost count of the number of wingers who had him on toast and it was obvious that many teams targeted him as a weak link.

On balance I'd say Darikwa just edges it as it his recent improvements indicate he could be a step up from Lichaj in the long-term, but I think a fully fit Byram would have been an improvement on both.

Would he though with out style of play? Bryam has consistently been singled out as a defensive weak link at Leeds and West Ham. I doubt he get the licence he wants to attack without consequence and neither of our current CBs are blessed with a turn of pace to cover for him.

Lichaj was a great badge kisser but a terrible footballer.

This is very unfair. He certainly had limited ability but was far from terrible. He made mistakes but no more or less than any other right back we've had in recent memory because we're a championship club. Footballing perfection doesn't exist at this level.

I'll take a grafter over a show pony any day of the week, they'll get you further in the Championship.

Not that Darikwa is a show pony, but he is limited in hos own way.

I found myself nodding in agreement while reading this, that left me feeling a little uneasy after seeing the author, ho hum. Stopped clocks, infinite monkeys & whatnot.

I found myself nodding in agreement while reading this, that left me feeling a little uneasy after seeing the author, ho hum. Stopped clocks, infinite monkeys & whatnot.

I found myself stroking my own genitals while reading this, that left me feeling highly aroused after seeing the author, ho hum.

I thought Darikwa improved after the arrival of Janko.

I thought Janko looked a very good signing in his first few games, to the extent that I could not see TD getting back in the side, but he has then failed to replicate those first few performances and was, at best, woeful against Burton (granted he was not alone).

Lichaj - always thought he was a good solid professional and perhaps may have been better, with the fact that he would have now been playing with much better players.

Darikwa has got a test tomorrow. Villa push Hutton and Taylor well forward and cross to back post. Hutton crossing for Kodja to out jump Darwickwa. Important that Cash and Lolley push their fullbacks back so they can't double up. Fancy Colback/Yacob to do a job on Hourihane and Whelan or McGinn. Can we keep Bolasie quiet??? Villa's weakness is their defence. Hope we don't sit off them too much.

Darikwa has got a test tomorrow. Villa push Hutton and Taylor well forward and cross to back post. Hutton crossing for Kodja to out jump Darwickwa. Important that Cash and Lolley push their fullbacks back so they can't double up. Fancy Colback/Yacob to do a job on Hourihane and Whelan or McGinn. Can we keep Bolasie quiet??? Villa's weakness is their defence. Hope we don't sit off them too much.

I agree their defence is their weakness , James Chester looked shite the other day , i can remember him getting caught in possession 3 times .
He likes to dawdle on the ball .

Lichaj in the defensive role (he was a defender) was dreadful. I lost count of the times cross flew past him as he failed to close or even keep up with his man

Pathetic

I thought Darikwa improved after the arrival of Janko.

I thought Janko looked a very good signing in his first few games, to the extent that I could not see TD getting back in the side, but he has then failed to replicate those first few performances and was, at best, woeful against Burton (granted he was not alone).

Lichaj - always thought he was a good solid professional and perhaps may have been better, with the fact that he would have now been playing with much better players.

good solid professional what?

certainly not footballer; having a shed load of enthusiasm, Lichaj's only redeeming feature, is far from being enough.

Darikwa is a much better player and he is not good enough.

Strange how the very - very - very few (especially on here) are giving Lichaj all the shite of him being shite etc. again, especially now he's gone?

Just wonder how many voted for him when he was voted "Player of the Season!!!:hmmm:

good solid professional what?

certainly not footballer; having a shed load of enthusiasm, Lichaj's only redeeming feature, is far from being enough.

Darikwa is a much better player and he is not good enough.

Darikwa looks a better player now, but was terrible last season (if you covered him in velcro and played with woollen football, he'd have been unable to control it) -perhaps shows the benefits of a better coach and playing with better players?

Some people were swayed by his pashun in that shit season

And some were swayed by his abject inability to defend or pass the ball; you know, the key things that someone who plays in his position should be proficient at.

He won that award on the basis of what he did at half time in the Rochdale game; certainly not on the back of his performances that season.

Darikwa looks a better player now, but was terrible last season (if you covered him in velcro and played with woollen football, he'd have been unable to control it) -perhaps shows the benefits of a better coach and playing with better players?

I agree, Darikwa has improved considerably, and he still is not, and never will be good enough.

Anyone who took the time to observe Lichaj's contribution in games, rather than his moronic hand clapping, would have noticed how poor a player he was.

Strange how the very - very - very few (especially on here) are giving Lichaj all the shite of him being shite etc. again, especially now he's gone?

Just wonder how many voted for him when he was voted "Player of the Season!!!:hmmm:

Not sure anyone is giving him shite. You've asked us to compare him with Darikwa and people are doing that.