Danny's stock is rising | Page 2 | Vital Football

Danny's stock is rising

A few of us talking about this at work and couple said they believed the replacement/s were already at the club. It would make sense and provide some continuity for someone who is currently learning the Cowley ways.

2 years ago the same subject was discussed on this site. Nathan Arnold was well touted to be learning the trade and would make a good replacement boss for the Cowleys. That turned out to be a crap call and who knows might be in the frame to take over from the Cowleys in 5 years time when they leave us. Doing the coaching badges doesn’t make anyone a suitable manager.

I work with a QPR fan and he says that the Cowleys were suggested as new managers on one of the QPR messageboards. The general consensus amongst the replies, was why would they be interested in going there? Indeed their stock has risen considerably this season.

Not yet but he needs more than 2.5 months to arrest the downward slide they’ve been on for a few years.

Completely agree with that. Can't see West Ham swapping the relative stability they have under Pellegrino for a possible spittle laden stream of invective that characterised their first few months at the new ground though. Whoever replaces Pellegrino will have to show some improvements pretty quickly I suspect..

I think the Cowleys will try to take Lincoln as far as they can before moving on, their commitment seems genuine. I've lost count how many times they've reminded the fans and press that we're on a journey together. Recently they pointed out there was no ceiling to their ambition for the club and another fantastic quote from Danny "we haven't come this far, just to come this far".

It's also worth remembering that the boys are still learning their trade and LCFC is providing them with the ideal platform to do so

I remember hearing the chairman of Bournemouth being interviewed on 5 Live a few seasons ago. When asked whether he saw Eddie Howe managing a top premiership club one day, he replied "yes, Bournemouth". I'm not suggesting we're going all the way to the premier league, but I think there's some distance left in this journey and when we talk about the boys managing at a higher level it doesn't necessarily mean having to switch clubs - at least not in the short term

Of course the boys deserve to go all the way to the top and when that day comes I'm sure they will leave with the best wishes and gratitude of all Imps fans. Like everyone else I just hope its later rather than sooner

UTI

My opinion has never changed. I think Danny and Nicky will promote their way up the ladder - not all the way with us. I'd be quite surprised if they ever skip a step.
This is why I think promotion keeps them here for another couple of years at least.

Their Concord record seems to be promoted, consolidation, PO's, promotion - that kinda run.

So in that respect, I think they view leagues in 2 or 3 year cycles.

And it's also worth noting that we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. For all we know, Clive might have persuaded Jim Ratcliffe to not only invest in Team Sky, but also Lincoln City!

If they feel they feel things are progressing behind the scenes then there won't be an issue for a while yet.

Agreed.

Talksport is the Sun/Fox News of the sports world, the only way they get listeners is via unbalanced sensationalism akin to a click bait postings on the internet.

As for the bloke known as the Moose, he is an utter tool.

I have never listened to talksport. From your description, seems an albeit unplanned good move.

I am dreading the day the Cowleys leave tbh! I really hope it isn't for at least 2 or 3 years yet.

Having seen the amount of hopeless cases we have had at the helm in the seasons before they arrived it quite fills me with dread!

I don't think the Cowleys are bound to move up when they leave us. Graham Taylor moved to Watford a team struggling a division below us, but he saw a bigger future with a team backed by a an ambitious chairman (Mkd's ?). As he's always saying the chairman is key.

Also hope and dream they can get us into the Championship. Can't be many Imps fans alive who have seen us at that level.

Having taken us into The Championship and had a crack at it/learnt the level with us would be the best we could hope for. The dream would be a combination of massive funds from who knows where and classic Cowley over achievement against the big boys.

I don't think the Cowleys are bound to move up when they leave us. Graham Taylor moved to Watford a team struggling a division below us, but he saw a bigger future with a team backed by a an ambitious chairman (Mkd's ?). As he's always saying the chairman is key.
if they could motivate the fanbase at mkd...

if notts got a decent chairman, they would also be a possible. as they have the ground capacity/infrastructure/fanbase possibilities already. cowley families wouldn't need to move house/schools.