Danny's comment yesterday | Vital Football

Danny's comment yesterday

kettrin imp

Vital Reserves Team
Not sure if its already been mentioned but I have just listened to Danny's comments after yesterday match. His last comment about about loyalty I found very interesting. He said that he was pleased to hear the supporters still cheering towards the end of a pretty poor performance against Crewe. He said that both he and Nicky are loyal people (I don't think we can argue with that) and that it works both ways. Lets keep supporting the team as we have been doing or they could be on there toes.

Could read that he and Nicky are coining no where as long as the board show them loyalty as well..

I take it only as a positive comment with no hidden agenda. People with integrity don't need veiled threats. However there is no such thing as blind loyalty in football so if i.e. West Ham came a calling or we were in a higher league and progress had stalled that would be a different scenario but not disloyalty.

I read nothing into it apart from the fact that the supporters have been 100% behind him from the start and thats why they have no intention of going anywhere soon.

kettrin imp - 11/3/2018 17:33

I read nothing into it apart from the fact that the supporters have been 100% behind him from the start and thats why they have no intention of going anywhere soon.

I must say his comment stook out for me too.

Yes I noticed that comment. Said that their mum and dad had brought them up to be loyal. That support shown at the Crewe game made a big impression on them. I think we are in it together for the long haul so long as the fans continue to be supportive and the board back them all the way.

And so long as all the numpties can stop themselves from criticising them if we lose two games on the bounce.

After what Danny and Nicky have achieved for the club so far they really should be beyond criticism.. Not many management teams get above a 60% win rate.

Mind you the numpties at Arsenal don't seem to have too much sentiment for Wenger despite his achievements. I hope it never comes to that for us and the Cowleys.

I think the spammers would tear the Olympic stadium down if the Cowleys got the gig over the summer as Moyes will be gone regardless.
Their huge sense of entitlement will into over drive if that happened.

Bucksimp - 11/3/2018 18:26

Yes I noticed that comment. Said that their mum and dad had brought them up to be loyal. That support shown at the Crewe game made a big impression on them. I think we are in it together for the long haul so long as the fans continue to be supportive and the board back them all the way.

And so long as all the numpties can stop themselves from criticising them if we lose two games on the bounce.

After what Danny and Nicky have achieved for the club so far they really should be beyond criticism.. Not many management teams get above a 60% win rate.

Mind you the numpties at Arsenal don't seem to have too much sentiment for Wenger despite his achievements. I hope it never comes to that for us and the Cowleys.

Numpties at Arsenal? What he achieved was a long time ago now. He shouldn't be untouchable and have a job for life.

I took Dans comment as to be even more reassuring in that they were not going anywhere apart from SB soon. They obviously appreciate the support of the Board and 99% of the supporters. There are not many supporters who would clap their team off the field after the Crewe fiasco and chant their Managers names. In a years time they will still be our Managers. UTI.

Bucksimp - 11/3/2018 18:26

I don't think I could disagree more with this post if I wanted to! Absolutely no one is devoid from criticism, so long it is fair! The Cowleys had a fantastic first season last year and are having a very good second season too, but football is a funny game.. What if we went to pot the next 5 years? I understand and agree they've done a lot but to say beyond criticism is absolutely baffling!

As for the Wenger comment, as someone else has said that was some 12 years ago now! When the same mistakes have been made for the 10 seasons following are you really surprised the 'numpties' have lost their sentiment towards him? With him being so stubborn and stuck in his ways. Find it very hard to understand anyone that can still have this view towards Wengers era at Arsenal, even ex-players, pundits and other managers seem to be on the same page with this now... Are they all 'numpties' too?

I didn't use the term ' beyond criticism.' to mean forever, Given what they started with here, they should really be above criticism for what they have achieved so far. Goes with out saying. That doesn't mean they will always be beyond criticism of course. As Greavsie said, yes it is a funny old game.

In the unlikely event that the Cowleys ever got on a run like Russell Slade they would have to go. They know that and everyone knows that.
What is annoying is the way the criticisms start flying as soon as we go a goal down or are winless in three. Danny has gone on record as saying he has been disappointed when some people started getting negative after certain games (For example after beating Chesterfield at home for God's sake.)
Expectations have been raised and quite rightly we do expect more now, but it's a bit like saying if the Cowleys don't get us into the Championship after 10 years they should go. We're Lincoln City ( read Arsenal) we're bigger than that. Would that be the point to bring Steve Evans in to finish the job off?

All I am saying is we want them here as long as possible. It's a two way street. They could get weeed off with us before we get weeed off with them. In the managerial merry go round, be careful what you wish for. For every Nicky and Danny there's an Alan Clarke or a Willie Bell.

As for Wenger? Where would Arsenal be now without Wenger. Exactly, who knows?

As you're an Arsenal season ticket holder I bow to your superior knowledge, it's obviously a sore point.

They're currently looking at houses to buy a couple of villages down from where I am.

Village life would perhaps suggest the families are moving up?

The Cowley's certainly have an affinity for our club and City, and I have no doubt that they will stay with us until we level out and they don't get the financial support required to take us further. Listening to the interview last night I felt Danny was talking about his upbringing and loyalty in general and not nothing more...

Don’t think the Cowleys are going anywhere anytime soon, I think they love our club and city and are genuinely touched by the support they and the team receive from us all ( even after the disappointment of the Crewe game). I think they are amazed as I am, at the level of support, what is it 10 times now 1000+ travelling fans this season and incredible home gates, 25000+ fans going to Wembley. They won’t get everything right but nigh on 60% win rate I for one am still pinching myself. If the club and fans continue to show loyalty these guys will be here for the long haul UTI

And who do have we to thank for bringing them to the club.......your friend and mine,Dazzler and his trusty wingman Clive"everything turns to gold"Nates,two top geezers we are lucky to have them onboard.

Bucksimp - 11/3/2018 20:04

I didn't use the term ' beyond criticism.' to mean forever, Given what they started with here, they should really be above criticism for what they have achieved so far. Goes with out saying. That doesn't mean they will always be beyond criticism of course. As Greavsie said, yes it is a funny old game.

In the unlikely event that the Cowleys ever got on a run like Russell Slade they would have to go. They know that and everyone knows that.
What is annoying is the way the criticisms start flying as soon as we go a goal down or are winless in three. Danny has gone on record as saying he has been disappointed when some people started getting negative after certain games (For example after beating Chesterfield at home for God's sake.)
Expectations have been raised and quite rightly we do expect more now, but it's a bit like saying if the Cowleys don't get us into the Championship after 10 years they should go. We're Lincoln City ( read Arsenal) we're bigger than that. Would that be the point to bring Steve Evans in to finish the job off?

All I am saying is we want them here as long as possible. It's a two way street. They could get weeed off with us before we get weeed off with them. In the managerial merry go round, be careful what you wish for. For every Nicky and Danny there's an Alan Clarke or a Willie Bell.

As for Wenger? Where would Arsenal be now without Wenger. Exactly, who knows?

As you're an Arsenal season ticket holder I bow to your superior knowledge, it's obviously a sore point.

You don't need to 'bow' to any superior knowledge, not to me anyway. Certainly not a sore subject either as much as I'm sure you'd have liked it to have been. More an odd comment to make about a group of supporters being 'numpties' when you're on the outside looking in. :gent:

We’re talking about a very small minority here. The vast, vast majority are right behind them. The test might be when we have a genuinely bad run, but even then they’ve got more than enough in the bank to expect our complete support. I just took their comments as thanks for the support at the end of the Crewe game.

Heaven forbid we end up with a sense of entitlement like the Gooners. I live in north London and they are unbearable.