Danny sucks it up/sucks up to Poch.. | Vital Football

Danny sucks it up/sucks up to Poch..

Spursex

Alert Team
Clearly, when I said interest in Danny had cooled a few months back - he also knows it....an attempt to find a way back into Poch's graces no doubt ...

Tottenham should give Mauricio Pochettino ‘what he wants’ this summer, says Spurs defender Danny Rose

rose2.jpg

Danny Rose has suggested he sees his future at Tottenham, despite links with a move away

By talkSPORT - @talkSPORT
Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Danny Rose hopes Tottenham give manager Mauricio Pochettino "what he wants" this summer, as the club look to move to the next level.
Pochettino has guided Spurs to a third successive top-three finish in the Premier League and has done so spending far less than the teams around them.
They have also had to contend with playing their home games at Wembley this season while their new stadium was built.
But despite Tottenham’s success, they are still waiting for that elusive trophy under Pochettino and the boss recently urged the club to ditch their current tight transfer policty and "take risks" to start delivering silverware.
That will have been music to the ears of left-back Rose, who is not averse to giving his opinion on what the club should do after his notorious interview last summer where he told them to splash the cash and pay their top players what they are worth.
While Rose was not wanting to go down that road again, he did urge chairman Daniel Levy and the Spurs board to come together and give Pochettino what he is asking for.
"I have learned my lesson on speaking on that sort of stuff," he said. "It is good that the manager has come out and said that.
"I hope the manager, his coaching staff, the recruitment staff and the chairman can all come together and give the manager what he wants.
"I am fully behind whatever happens in the off-season, I hope we get some good recruits to help us push on and as the manager said the next step is to try and hopefully win something next year."
rose.jpg
Danny Rose hopes Tottenham gives boss Pochettino 'what he wants' this summer
Whether Rose is at the club to see what happens next season is a moot point as he has been linked with a move away from the club ever since that newspaper interview last August.
The fact he has played second fiddle to Ben Davies at left-back for most of the season, making just 17 appearances, perhaps gives insight into Pochettino's mindset.
But the 27-year-old has vowed to come back and fight for his place after the World Cup.
"It is a season where I have had to be patient and be mentally positive," he said.
"Even though I haven't played as much as I'd like I feel like I've grown mentally so there are positives to take out of the season.
"It is a team game. The first three years of the manager being here I have played just as many games as Ben (Davies) has, this season he has played a lot more than I have.
"It is just one of those things, I wish I could have played more, but you have two players to compete in each position and that is how I would want it at any football club.
"I fancy myself against anybody in the league. Pre-season; come back and hopefully me and Ben start from scratch and we start again and work hard to nail that number one spot."

Just as 80 loves the word Footballistically , I hate it when footballers use the term "hopefully " . They never say " I'm going to go out there , work my bollocks off every minute of every day and cajole all the others into making sure they follow suit ..............
I was also slightly dissappointed in the heading cos I thought it related to Levy sucking up to Poch . Never mind , I will have to wait till next week for that.
Looks like Rose hasn't had many offers like he thought he was going to get then . As long as he gets fit and gets his head down ,I'm happy. He will be good for two more years

As I put on the other thread, Rose spoke out of turn and apologised. It should be end of matter for the longest serving player at the club. He only said the sort of things that we say every day and that's not his place as a player. He is contracted until June 2021.

What I'm only concerned about is Rose's injury record, whether he has lost any of his pace and how Davies can become more effective when he is upfield. Davies has had a solid season but has been totally underwhelming in the attacking parts of his game. Rose was playing at another level altogether previously and it was like having a Kante at left back at times. Can we get back to that?

Also, did we learn anything from Aurier's panic signing on deadline day last summer. There is a complete dearth of great full backs in Europe which is why guys like Delph, Valencia and Young have ended up there in the Prem. It's not another Kyle Walker situation and if we're not careful we will make it out to be.

I'll be cheering Danny on in the World Cup and hoping he rejoins us fitter and ready for a massive season ahead.

As I put on the other thread, Rose spoke out of turn and apologised. It should be end of matter for the longest serving player at the club. He only said the sort of things that we say every day and that's not his place as a player. He is contracted until June 2021.

What I'm only concerned about is Rose's injury record, whether he has lost any of his pace and how Davies can become more effective when he is upfield. Davies has had a solid season but has been totally underwhelming in the attacking parts of his game. Rose was playing at another level altogether previously and it was like having a Kante at left back at times. Can we get back to that?

Also, did we learn anything from Aurier's panic signing on deadline day last summer. There is a complete dearth of great full backs in Europe which is why guys like Delph, Valencia and Young have ended up there in the Prem. It's not another Kyle Walker situation and if we're not careful we will make it out to be.

I'll be cheering Danny on in the World Cup and hoping he rejoins us fitter and ready for a massive season ahead.

Aurier was not a panic signing - we'd be trying to get a deal done for months for him - he was and is our no.1 pick.

Aurier was not a panic signing - we'd be trying to get a deal done for months for him - he was and is our no.1 pick.

Ex - perhaps "panic" was a bad word for his transfer. More appopriate for his decision making when a forward runs into our 18 yard box :-)

Danny Rose showed shades of his former self in the last game. Perhaps because he knew he'd better put up or shut up.

The upside is that we are now back to Rose and Davies at LWB. That was a great combo and it means we are in the market for one less player. In fact, based on the KWP/Rose combo it looks like we have what we need for the near future in terms of speedy and creative WBs. KWP needs work, but that now translates to PL experience. He's ready.

Now we need to shore up our DM position and find that transitional (Andre Gomes please) MFer to set our front 4 free.

I don't think he backed down at all... i think its a matter of "I've said my piece, you know where I stand, I won't be providing you with provocative soundbites.

if Poch is saying the exact things this year as Danny Rose was last year, how mad could Poch have been at him? And given the relationship the two had prior, Poch might have only had a conversation about timing. Even though Danny was chastised publicly and surprisingly by fans who've been saying the same thing, it kept the pressure on Levy. something that Poch would have appreciated. There was no averting reality with the customary sweet talks of different model & steady progress that the club likes to throw at us like we're idiots and even Everton is outspending us.

and let me reiterate that the backlash Danny got from the fans for those comment this was the weirdest thing to me...Fans rant and rave for years about Levy and the direction of the club and then a long-serving player who is in the same situation with you validate these sentiments on a player level and you turn on him calling him all sorts of boy. #1 excuse was he is on a lot of money so he should shut up. I recognize the root of the backlash but maybe that's for another day.. its the elephant and the nasty family secret that we refuse to deal with but let others get away with

G
I don't think he backed down at all... i think its a matter of "I've said my piece, you know where I stand, I won't be providing you with provocative soundbites.

if Poch is saying the exact things this year as Danny Rose was last year, how mad could Poch have been at him? And given the relationship the two had prior, Poch might have only had a conversation about timing. Even though Danny was chastised publicly and surprisingly by fans who've been saying the same thing, it kept the pressure on Levy. something that Poch would have appreciated. There was no averting reality with the customary sweet talks of different model & steady progress that the club likes to throw at us like we're idiots and even Everton is outspending us.

Good point.

and let me reiterate that the backlash Danny got from the fans for those comment this was the weirdest thing to me...Fans rant and rave for years about Levy and the direction of the club and then a long-serving player who is in the same situation with you validate these sentiments on a player level and you turn on him calling him all sorts of boy. #1 excuse was he is on a lot of money so he should shut up. I recognize the root of the backlash but maybe that's for another day.. its the elephant and the nasty family secret that we refuse to deal with but let others get away with

I think you are missing the point why fans got angry with Rose. It wasn't what he said it was the timing. He was injured for over half a season by this point. I think he only singed a new deal the year before.

it was the hypocrisy of saying he wanted to be the next Ledley when signing his new deal then giving it the big'un about knowing his worth just months later. That worth hasn't proven to be what he thought either as he's been out more than in in the last 2 seasons... He still shows signs of not really being too bright and having a chip on his shoulder about criticism - he's not liking being called injury prone, then goes on to list several injuries he's had.

I think you are missing the point why fans got angry with Rose. It wasn't what he said it was the timing. He was injured for over half a season by this point. I think he only singed a new deal the year before.

i think the vitriol went way pass anger at the timing... and what does him being injured have to do with expressing fustration.. did he purposely take a hammer to his knees? i take it he is also a Spurs fan. so wants to see progress just like us and showed not everyone from the inside was willing to churn out the company memo. so what he signed a new contract it is still 1/3 of what his counterpart were earning.. he dared to rock the boat and the fans did Levy's job for him and shot themselves in the foot.

Poch now has more credibility, but can you imagine the fans telling him after his weekend statements "you're making 5million a season with the 6th highest payroll.. shut up, take what you get and go to work.. you haven't even won a trophy"

The point is when a player is injured they still get paid. If you are signed off from work for 6-9 months you don't go back and cause a stink because you don't earn as much as your best buddy.

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you".

I've slightly changed my mind on this, I'd keep him. Last couple of games he's played he's looked the part again, he has the annoying aggression that we seem to lack as well.

Still think he's likely to go but if he stays I think it's a good thing. If he goes and we get Sessegnon then great also.

i think the vitriol went way pass anger at the timing... and what does him being injured have to do with expressing fustration.. did he purposely take a hammer to his knees? i take it he is also a Spurs fan. so wants to see progress just like us and showed not everyone from the inside was willing to churn out the company memo. so what he signed a new contract it is still 1/3 of what his counterpart were earning.. he dared to rock the boat and the fans did Levy's job for him and shot themselves in the foot.

Poch now has more credibility, but can you imagine the fans telling him after his weekend statements "you're making 5million a season with the 6th highest payroll.. shut up, take what you get and go to work.. you haven't even won a trophy"

guess people see things differently.

Rose wasn't bang on with his statements either - did he have to google Dele? Guessing he didn't need to google Sissoko. It was a stupid point. And signing a new contract has a lot to do with it... Don't sign something, and make comparisons to a club legend about yourself and then not long after complain about the contract when you haven't kicked a ball in between.

I've slightly changed my mind on this, I'd keep him. Last couple of games he's played he's looked the part again, he has the annoying aggression that we seem to lack as well.

Still think he's likely to go but if he stays I think it's a good thing. If he goes and we get Sessegnon then great also.

Rose is in the balance; he really is a decision to be made that Poch is going to have to make.

Rose is in the balance; he really is a decision to be made that Poch is going to have to make.

Rose is also going to spend most of the summer with Kyle Walker. Can't see that ending well.

Rose is also going to spend most of the summer with Kyle Walker. Can't see that ending well.

At the end of the day, his agent has to deliver on what he's told him about 'bigger' club interest - if that doesn't happen very quickly i.e. within the next month, he'll be going nowhere.

I think Utd would have him, especially as his value has probably gone down quite a lot. We could easily have got £60m+ for him a year ago, we'd be lucky to get much more than half of that at the moment... Unless he plays and has a good World Cup.