Danny sucks it up/sucks up to Poch.. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Danny sucks it up/sucks up to Poch..

There were times last season when Eriksen went central and owned the game. I would be happy for him to become our CM tempo setter. Would save a load of money as well.

There were times last season when Eriksen went central and owned the game. I would be happy for him to become our CM tempo setter. Would save a load of money as well.

Yep - every time Sissoko was selected for centre mid, Eriksen ended up playing half the game there. The other half, Sissoko was running up the right wing getting in Trippier's way :-)

Eriksen as CM, Pulisic on one side and Son/Lucas on the other...I like that. Place a SOLID DM behind Eriksen and our midfield will be off and running.

Eriksen as CM, Pulisic on one side and Son/Lucas on the other...I like that. Place a SOLID DM behind Eriksen and our midfield will be off and running.

I would love to see that; but I would look for an upgrade on Son ; as much as I like him and his application, we just need better.

I would love to see that; but I would look for an upgrade on Son ; as much as I like him and his application, we just need better.

Son is a striker. Playing him as an AM really isn't working. He is okay as a LW but he gives the ball away too much there.

We need a new AM/ST brought in this summer. One with agility, one with a touch of class who can go past a player. One that can control a football with ease, one with the ability to find that pass.

I 100% agree, but I honestly don't see us making that many moves. Kane is up top and unless we make Son the back up striker, he will be utilized as a AM, like he is/was before Kane was injured.

Son is a striker. Playing him as an AM really isn't working. He is okay as a LW but he gives the ball away too much there.

We need a new AM/ST brought in this summer. One with agility, one with a touch of class who can go past a player. One that can control a football with ease, one with the ability to find that pass.

Like with EX, I 100% agree.

Can't disagree that the Son/Lamela starting shirt is up for grabs. Still wondering what Zaha would bring to this Spurs eleven. He has become a talisman for Palace shouldering a lot of the attacking burden of the team. He's also led the line as their striker with Benteke's failings so could do the covering role for Kane.

My concern is that his transfer fee and salary expectations have now moved beyond us as his name has been barely mentioned for a while. Saying that, he's linked with Everton at the moment. Surely, we can match anything they do.

Son had a better season than most of the "world class" rated AMs in the league. If he can get more consistency in his game we won't be able to upgrade him but he does still go missing too often

Son had a better season than most of the "world class" rated AMs in the league. If he can get more consistency in his game we won't be able to upgrade him but he does still go missing too often
Apparently Son was taking pain killers for the last 6 weeks of the season. Which might explain his loss of form.

Don't agree that Son is a striker.
He is a bit of an enigma. Some weeks he will terrorise defenders with pace and ability to go past them and will score goals that are astounding .
Other weeks it's like he has just washed his feet and can't do a thing with them.
He can be so infuriating when he needs three or four touches when one will do .when he plays with that smile on his face , it puts a smile on all our faces .
I would love to see Zaha added to our squad , as Muttley said , he ticks so many box,s. Maybe that is one of Poch,s wish list players that he wants levy to splash out on . He would give us options and enable Harry to be rested at times . Has a proven PL record , albeit in a serial struggling team . With the Poch treatment he could become the missing piece . SAF saw the player in him , maybe he was a bit too young and 'homesick '

I agree as well but going to be near on impossible to find that player with our wage structure.

Our wage structure will show that we were the 5th biggest payers last season; and not that far short of Liverpool's overall bill...

Our wage structure is heavily incentivised, so it really is an issue of contract balance, not finance.