Danny Rose | Page 8 | Vital Football

Danny Rose

Spursex - 18/8/2017 16:11

Pollo - 18/8/2017 13:44

Sky reports that Fulham are close to agreeing a loan deal for Porto's left back. Preparing for next summer, which is very smart.

It would be even better if something had changed there this season :-)

What am I missing?

Spursex - 18/8/2017 13:05

Real Deal - 18/8/2017 12:59

So what would the average be on that? For each first 11 player? 80-100k a week mark?

With Bonus's, possibly more - but of course the bonus pool heavily depends on finishing position in the PL and progress in the CL and less so for domestic cups.

But you're almost certainly about right as of now.

It's worth understanding that their bonus payments for the CL for example could mean that if you look at the structure of the payments for progression through the stages and then add what would likely be our percentage of the marketing pool/TV rights - that if we made it through to the semi-final, we could as a club earn around £80-100 mill in additional revenues, of which most player contracts would be taking a round 20% net of that - so that's another 16-20 mill in payments to the CL squad, obviously with bigger bonus's attached to those who made the most appearances...

What Chelsea, Arsenal, ManC and Manure have done (and even Liverpool up until a couple of years back) would do is 'assume' CL qualification as part of the negotiated salary for players and that accounts for a significant difference in base line player contract payments.

Because of the contracts Liverpool had signed they had to keep those payments up, only recently has FSG changed the basis of how they pay closer to our model.

Just two years out of the CL for Chelsea, Manure and Arsenal would have a huge impact on their ability to pay enhanced contracts...

Interesting. In a couple of years then if we progress like we are with the new stadium, CL, TV money and other revenues we should be able to pay a basic of 100-150k a week. Which will help.

Getting out of the group stage of the CL is a must this season. As is getting cl again for next season. Which we should do.

Real Deal - 19/8/2017 07:46

Spursex - 18/8/2017 13:05

Real Deal - 18/8/2017 12:59

So what would the average be on that? For each first 11 player? 80-100k a week mark?

With Bonus's, possibly more - but of course the bonus pool heavily depends on finishing position in the PL and progress in the CL and less so for domestic cups.

But you're almost certainly about right as of now.

It's worth understanding that their bonus payments for the CL for example could mean that if you look at the structure of the payments for progression through the stages and then add what would likely be our percentage of the marketing pool/TV rights - that if we made it through to the semi-final, we could as a club earn around £80-100 mill in additional revenues, of which most player contracts would be taking a round 20% net of that - so that's another 16-20 mill in payments to the CL squad, obviously with bigger bonus's attached to those who made the most appearances...

What Chelsea, Arsenal, ManC and Manure have done (and even Liverpool up until a couple of years back) would do is 'assume' CL qualification as part of the negotiated salary for players and that accounts for a significant difference in base line player contract payments.

Because of the contracts Liverpool had signed they had to keep those payments up, only recently has FSG changed the basis of how they pay closer to our model.

Just two years out of the CL for Chelsea, Manure and Arsenal would have a huge impact on their ability to pay enhanced contracts...

Interesting. In a couple of years then if we progress like we are with the new stadium, CL, TV money and other revenues we should be able to pay a basic of 100-150k a week. Which will help.

Getting out of the group stage of the CL is a must this season. As is getting cl again for next season. Which we should do.

Yep spot on,.

If our current squad want more money than they are paid now, then they either have to perform in the CL and PL or they have to leave.

By the way, I'm told somewhat unusually for the Jan window we'd let Rose join United in January for £60 + mill

So if true, we must have already identified a long term replacement., or we already believe we have him.

Maybe Sess will sign next summer?

60M for Rose is insane with his injury record. Laughable really but hey if they are that dumb let them carry on.

I'm not overly bothered if Rose goes, not for his comments - he's right.

He we can get Martial in as part of the deal it would be amazing

Yep spot on,.

If our current squad want more money than they are paid now, then they either have to perform in the CL and PL or they have to leave.

By the way, I'm told somewhat unusually for the Jan window we'd let Rose join United in January for £60 + mill

So if true, we must have already identified a long term replacement., or we already believe we have him.

For that amount, I would come off deployment and drive him to United myself! Just...wow...if that is legit.

For that amount, I would come off deployment and drive him to United myself! Just...wow...if that is legit.

It didn't materialise, so his bluff was called and he's since got his head down and Poch seems to have forgiven him.

A fully committed Rose is a big asset.

It didn't materialise, so his bluff was called and he's since got his head down and Poch seems to have forgiven him.

A fully committed Rose is a big asset.

LOL I didn't look at the time stamp of your post...but I do agree a healthy effective Rose is a huge asset for us!

LOL I didn't look at the time stamp of your post...but I do agree a healthy effective Rose is a huge asset for us!

I know your head is up your arse when on deployment - dealing with either mindless boredom or keeping you head in one piece can be a bitch, my brother used to call it the #braindeadzone :grinning::eek!:

I know your head is up your arse when on deployment - dealing with either mindless boredom or keeping you head in one piece can be a bitch, my brother used to call it the #braindeadzone :grinning::eek!:

Some comments from USAF would be welcome on the helicopter thread.

And I 100% concur with your brother...especially after 10+ deployments!!

But being able to talk on this site and converse with you fine blokes is a plus!!

Danny is at it again . This time it's racism. I don't want to take his comments out of context but he implies he can't wait for his career to end. Whether he meant it literally or not it sends out the wrong vibe.
I like Danny, I like his football but I sense he is troubled mentally and if he could focus entirely on football he could be a better player

Danny is at it again . This time it's racism. I don't want to take his comments out of context but he implies he can't wait for his career to end. Whether he meant it literally or not it sends out the wrong vibe.
I like Danny, I like his football but I sense he is troubled mentally and if he could focus entirely on football he could be a better player

No one is forcing him to pull on those boots, if he really finds it all too much then pack it in now.
He really has become a serial whiner, Poch needs to put him on mute.