Danny Rose | Vital Football

Danny Rose

Pretty much nails it, I can't imagine he is the only one that feels
Like this:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4209426/tottenham-news-danny-rose-exclusive/amp/

Can someone post the transcript? The Sun is an absolute rag and even if I wanted to give them my click, their habit of padding out a shit article with a billion images makes it impossible to read.

WAR OF THE ROSES Tottenham defender Danny Rose adamant he will get wage he’s worth and he would discuss a bid with Poch in stunning string of revelations
The 27-year-old Spurs and England left-back speaks exclusively to SunSport in a brutally honest interview
Danny Rose urges Tottenham to sign 'two or three big buys' and not players you have to Google to find out who they are
Rose says Tottenham need to exorcise their Wembley demons or face a 'long, miserable season'

1 COMMENT AFTER six months of intense frustration at being laid low by a knee injury, and a decade of keeping his head down as a dedicated pro, Danny Rose wants to give you a piece of his mind.
He may be England’s first-choice left-back and a member of the PFA Premier League Team of the Year for the past two seasons, but Rose has often felt under-valued and misunderstood.

Rose said: “I am opinionated and I might not have long left in football.

“One thing is for sure, for the rest of this career, I will play this game how I want to play it and, while I am not going to disrespect anyone, I am going to voice my opinions.”

Rose is not demanding a transfer from Tottenham.

But in a candid and wide-ranging interview, he gives a refreshingly honest opinion on a club which has punched above its weight with two title challenges, yet has not spent a penny on players this summer.

The rampaging full-back is adamant that he is motivated more by trophies and medals than money.

But he insists he does not believe he or his Spurs team-mates are paid their true worth.

Having recently turned 27, and contemplating a return from the longest injury lay-off of his career, Rose admitted: “At my age, and having missed six months with injury, I have been thinking about this quite a lot.

“I am reaching my peak and have probably only got one big contract left in me.

“Time is running out and I do want to win trophies. I don’t want to play football for 15 years and not have one trophy or one medal.

“Sorry, that’s not what I am about. I wouldn’t be happy with that. I want to win something.

“I will say this too — I will play up north. I don’t know exactly when, but I will get back up north and play some football somewhere.

“I moved away from home (from Leeds to Spurs) at 16.

“Yes I’ve got team-mates who have moved away from families in South Korea and Argentina, but I have been away for over ten years now and I don’t get to see my mum that often.

“I am going to make it my priority before I retire to play football up there.

“My short-term focus is to get back to playing like last year and if I do that the long-term will take care of itself.

“I’m not saying I want out, but if something came to me that was concrete, I’d have no qualms about voicing my opinions to anyone at the club.”

Rose is believed to earn £65,000-per-week. A move to Chelsea or either Manchester club could earn him two or three times as much.

When told he might be accused of being motivated by cash, Rose is uncommonly honest in insisting he knows his worth – and will not sell himself short.

He said: “Being injured has harmed me on and off the field in a lot of ways.

“When you’re injured you get a lot of time to think and I’ve had a lot of ‘what if?’ moments. It’s been hard to deal with.

“One thing is for sure — I know my worth and I will make sure I get what I am worth.

“I am not playing as well as I have done not to get paid what I think I am worth.

“In any walk of life, if you think you are worth a certain amount, why settle for less? I am not that person.

“If I get to levels I reached last season — and this goes out to everybody — I will make sure I get what I am worth. I don’t know how much longer I might have at this level. I’m not going to be stupid enough not to try and get the most out of it — medals, trophies and salary.

“Anyone who thinks this is primarily for money, that is not the case. But I know what I am worth.

“As with everyone else in my team, in my opinion, I am worth more than I am getting.

“I am not speaking on behalf of other players, but that is my view.”

Rose has huge respect for manager Mauricio Pochettino — he has even been referred to as the “gaffer’s son” by team-mates who joke he is a teacher’s pet.

Yet the long-serving left-back is sick of hearing suggestions he was not up to it before Pochettino arrived in 2014.

Back then Rose was unpopular with Spurs fans after tough times under Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood.

And when Pochettino handed him a new contract, many were scathing.

Rose added: “People speak about me and to me as if I had two left feet before Mauricio came to the club.

“But I want people to understand that having one average season, as I’d had, doesn’t make you a bad player. You need to distinguish that.

“I don’t usually blow my own trumpet, but I was a good player before the manager came. I am an even better one now and he has helped me become more consistent.

“But don’t ever speak about me as if I had two left feet before he arrived. I am not having that. I’ll never forget how some fans treated me when I signed a contract.

“I have been desperate to get that on record and I hope people read about my mindset on that one.

“I am happy at Tottenham, I love my team-mates and the fans have been great for the last three years.

“But I got a lot of stick before Mauricio came to the club. I’ll never forget some of the things they were saying about me.

“Now I want to win things and I want to be in the starting 11 at the World Cup with England. If I have a good season, these things will sort themselves out.”

Then

As the blunt-speaking Yorkshireman put it: “I am not saying buy ten players, I’d love to see two or three — and not players you have to Google and say, ‘Who’s that?’ I mean well-known players.”

Spurs are the only Premier League side not to have bought during the summer window.

And while Rose does not want the club to lose their admirable reputation for promoting youth, he claims Mauricio Pochettino’s squad needs fresh blood.

Rose, Tottenham’s long-serving current player having joined ten years ago, said: “Under Harry Redknapp we signed Rafa van der Vaart. It was like, ‘Wow, how did he do that?’

“I mean signings like that are what we need — that’s just my opinion.

“There are three weeks to go until the window shuts and you look at Man City and think, ‘If the window shut now they would be happy with the business they have done’.

Okay, so Danny Rose has been taped up and quite blatantly by his own agent. For those who have read it this morning it makes quite unpleasant and disturbing reading...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523335">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

spurticus87 sent us the following:

Okay, so Danny Rose has been taped up and quite blatantly by his own agent. For those who have read it this morning it makes quite unpleasant and disturbing reading.... he is as good as gone.

The amount of contradictions in his statement are staggering! For those who haven't read it he has said (and I'm paraphrasing here)...

“If a Manchester club comes in for me, I'm gone! And if they don't then I want a massive pay rise because I'm class!”

I am an internal optimist but we are now starting to look like we have a few problems.

He is stating a lack of ambition by the board and a lack of silverware as reasons for wanting to move. What's all your thoughts on this because I am spewing at that interview this morning!

No loyalty for the club and coach who made him the player he is...

I remember a more humble interview where he acknowledged that if it wasn't for Poch he wouldn't be anywhere near the player he is now!

Given how well we played last season without him, I wouldn't be overly worried if Walker hadn't already left. However, I am worried about which player will stand up (be tapped up) next and all of a sudden decide that they want to move on...

If he does go to United I would demand Luke Shaw as part of any deal. Maybe Luke can inform both Walker and Rose about what happens to wing backs after they leave Poch...

No loyalty for the club and coach who made him the player he is...

he got absolute dogs abuse from the the fans, personal abuse on twitter.

He's proved me wrong ability wise - I will be happy to put my hands up - but People were tweeting him directly telling him to die!!!!!

He can fuck off the snake, don't ever want to see him in a Spurs shirt again.

Why the hell would he do an interview with the sun 3 days before the season is starting!?

holy shit, didnt expect that from danny rose , although to me it is becoming clear that the players are starting to get frustrated with being a nearly club, they also know we are only one or two players away from stepping up, but the longer this goes on with no players being bought the more were gonna need, if we had done business early maybe walker would still be here, i agree with danny we need players and not the type u need to google to see who they are. but his words are so disrespectful to the club and manager and tbh he sounds like a complete prick and a spoilt little child

Looks like I should have taken Ex up on that bet. Anyone who is surprised surprises me.

80deg16minW - 10/8/2017 10:23

Looks like I should have taken Ex up on that bet. Anyone who is surprised surprises me.

You are now officially ITK

Very disappointing stuff. The timing of this is dreadful from Rose and he was bound to get hideous abuse at a time when Spurs fans are collectively already feeling shit about how the summer is going.

This whole thing stinks of Mourinho. And before people say, Luke Shaw is NOT the answer.

Matic - 10/8/2017 10:36

Very disappointing stuff. The timing of this is dreadful from Rose and he was bound to get hideous abuse at a time when Spurs fans are collectively already feeling shit about how the summer is going.

This whole thing stinks of Mourinho. And before people say, Luke Shaw is NOT the answer.

Isn't he just backing up part of the reasons we are all pissed?

The players I'm sure feel the same regarding incomings

I've not posted on this site for ages, for a variety of personal reasons, but I can't say I really disagree with the core of what Rose has said.

Walker, yeah, he sulked and showed it in an abysmal performance against West Ham last season. I wasn't sorry he left.

Rose here, though, is on a totally different track and tack. He's not asking or demanding or even wanting a transfer. In fact, you can tell that he really likes being at Spurs and wants them to succeed, and he does make very valid points, two especially good ones, I think.

1. Our need to purchase two big or top players (asap).

2. The salaries he and other players get at Spurs.

Are we in danger of shooting the messenger here, because we don't like the message? I mean, the sheer gall of Sugar, of all people, to come out and criticise him. Talk about irony.

Pochettino has done well at Spurs, and finishing second last season was a magnificent achievement, given the money we spent compared with Liverpool, United, City, Arsenal, etc. We have a great core, and it's the best team we've had, in my opinion, since the Hoddle/Ardiles days, and before them, the great double-winning side. Those teams also won trophies.

We really do have little or no choice, if we are to continue to progress and improve, but win something. I reckon this is going to be crucial this year, with the league being the most important one to really go for, what with our new stadium being ready the following season. This season ahead is a massive one for us. If we don't win something, I foresee Spurs' future as playing in a magnificent stadium that is half-empty each home game. United finished fifth but won two trophies, also qualifying for the Championship League. As runners-up in the league, were we really more successful than them?

Often people speak about Levy being a great chairman and running the club so well. I don't go along with this at all. Coming out and saying the transfer fees aren't sustainable is really akin to throwing in the towel. I know what he's saying, of course, but if you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen. Getting over 50 million quid for Walker is pointless if the end result doesn't improve your team. The salaries issue is also another one. We can all see and say how obscene it is for players to earn so much each week and back Levy's stand on a ceiling, but how many people on the planet would stay in their present job if someone came along and offered them double? If Rose's comments aren't taken on board and acted upon by management at Spurs, within three seasons at most, we will lose this great core of players we presently have, and you can even see Kane being one of them.

Kinygerbils - 10/8/2017 10:37

Without a doubt, but this interview will do very little to change the entire situation. The timing, the tone and the content are not what Spurs fans want to be reading just a couple of days before the season starts, no matter how true.

The whole part about not forgetting how Spurs fans treated him when he had that awful season is the biggest indication of this interview being just about wanting to leave.

Matic - 10/8/2017 10:45

Without a doubt, but this interview will do very little to change the entire situation. The timing, the tone and the content are not what Spurs fans want to be reading just a couple of days before the season starts, no matter how true.

The whole part about not forgetting how Spurs fans treated him when he had that awful season is the biggest indication of this interview being just about wanting to leave.

It should, shouldn't it?

When a player comes out and says we need players (what ever the motivation) the board really should listen... maybe

Kinygerbils - 10/8/2017 10:46

Matic - 10/8/2017 10:45

It should, shouldn't it?

When a player comes out and says we need players (what ever the motivation) the board really should listen... maybe

Only when a players commercial power is vital to the club I suppose does their view make a difference. I can only think of a handful of players who have that power though.

Our board won't listen to a semi-broken left back.