Danny Rose Latest Interview | Page 2 | Vital Football

Danny Rose Latest Interview

The timing was the worst thing, but complaining about his salary 6 months after signing a deal and saying he wanted to retire at Spurs as the next Ledley was daft. Particularly when he hadn't kicked a ball for all that time due to injury. Then bitching about fans not rating him before he proved himself was also daft... and finally the "stop signing players we have to google" was shortsighted. In fact every higher profile player we've gone for in last few years hasn't exactly gone to plan. Ndombele being the latest, the likes of Soldado, Paulinho being even clearer examples and the real gems have been the Bales, Modric's & etc who needed a bit of googling. Rose himself was actually a great purchase no one batted an eyelid at at the time.

But worse than all that was saying it on the eve of the new season when he wasn't fit to play.

I understand he suffers from some mental health issues which were exacerbated by the isolation he was probably feeling when injured long term, and much like Kanye's breakdown at a presidential rally - you often think the best time to go public is actually when you're least stable, but I still think he and his team could have handled everything far far better.

I was his biggest supporter up til that interview. He gave so much for the shirt, even when those around him weren't necessarily doing the same. He was for a time our most consistent and our hardest working player but to me the damage is done and I've wanted him gone for some time.

sadly, this all began with manchester and his agents belief (not without reason) that both ManC and Manure wanted him and all he had to do was get out from the new contract he'd just signed - the plan started unravelling the moment he was injured and he then 'suddenly' talked about his mental issues - that he'd decided not to tell anyone at the club about, until he told the press first.

The Club found that unforgivable, both for him and of course his agent who is supposed to have a duty to inform the club (under contract) and a duty of care to the player.

All of these machinations back-fired, but his elevation to new mental illness icon was a media godsend, in much the same way that the race to find the PL player to go public on being gay is...

Last edited:
oh I'm well aware of that Ex, was just choosing to take his comments at face value as I'm sick of seeing Spurs fans saying "he just said what we're all thinking" which is bollocks. Only idiots complain about a 6 year contract 6 months into signing it when they're not even doing what they're contracted for. People also love to look at the best paid player for a certain position and then say our players are underpaid vs that, instead of looking at the fact that Walker and a couple others aside most of the best full backs in the league were on similar salaries to Danny.

Reportedly Danny didnt know he had no shirt number, he found out by a tweet after the numbers had been published. I know he has been a shit but you dont lower yourself to his standard , the club should have told him prior, shouldnt they ???

Reportedly Danny didnt know he had no shirt number, he found out by a tweet after the numbers had been published. I know he has been a shit but you dont lower yourself to his standard , the club should have told him prior, shouldnt they ???

They should have, that's a pretty low blow, but that's Jose for you.