Danny Rose has signed... | Vital Football

Danny Rose has signed...

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
...for Northampton Town for an undisclosed fee.

It was strongly rumoured we were interested, but I’m feeling pretty happy we got Dom Samuel instead 👍

...for Northampton Town for an undisclosed fee.

It was strongly rumoured we were interested, but I’m feeling pretty happy we got Dom Samuel instead 👍
Be interesting to compare the two of them .It is possibly the decision that it came down money.But we can probably assume the overall costs were not that dissimilar. Dominic has a head start thus far stepping down is always likely to be easier as long as the players are happy to do that.It is not always simply about ability. Confidence,team mates ,managers ,location and many other factors can affect a goal scorers results. Probably more so than any other position on the pitch.

Be interesting to compare the two of them .It is possibly the decision that it came down money.But we can probably assume the overall costs were not that dissimilar. Dominic has a head start thus far stepping down is always likely to be easier as long as the players are happy to do that.It is not always simply about ability. Confidence,team mates ,managers ,location and many other factors can affect a goal scorers results. Probably more so than any other position on the pitch.

I’m definitely happy with the outcome of getting Samuels over Rose. Both players haven’t got great stats - Rose has probably scored more goals, but hardly prolific and operated at a division or two lower than Samuels. Samuels has been curtailed by quite a few injuries, which in one sense is worrying, but in another means he’s an untapped talent and, if he had remained fit, would probably be operating at a higher level than us.

I’d say, Dom is certainly more talented, exciting and has more potential than Rose - I believe both are about the same age. Whilst not an out and out target man, Dom is tall and good in the air and looks to have put on quite a few pounds (in a good muscular sense!) than when he was with us before, which can only be a good thing in League One given he still seems to have the same pace and skill. For me, I’m very happy with our business - all the more so, given we took Oliver from Northampton too. Despite what Evans says, I’d imagine Northampton are probably one of the few teams with lower resources than us in the division, given they apparently were very keen to keep Oliver and weren’t able to sign him up. I don’t think money would have been a factor in not bringing Rose to Priestfield - I think we just got a better striker and one who imagine is probably on more than Rose. I wonder whether Rose was a fallback option for us, if the Samuels deal didn’t come off and why we were linked with him?

I’m definitely happy with the outcome of getting Samuels over Rose. Both players haven’t got great stats - Rose has probably scored more goals, but hardly prolific and operated at a division or two lower than Samuels. Samuels has been curtailed by quite a few injuries, which in one sense is worrying, but in another means he’s an untapped talent and, if he had remained fit, would probably be operating at a higher level than us.

I’d say, Dom is certainly more talented, exciting and has more potential than Rose - I believe both are about the same age. Whilst not an out and out target man, Dom is tall and good in the air and looks to have put on quite a few pounds (in a good muscular sense!) than when he was with us before, which can only be a good thing in League One given he still seems to have the same pace and skill. For me, I’m very happy with our business - all the more so, given we took Oliver from Northampton too. Despite what Evans says, I’d imagine Northampton are probably one of the few teams with lower resources than us in the division, given they apparently were very keen to keep Oliver and weren’t able to sign him up. I don’t think money would have been a factor in not bringing Rose to Priestfield - I think we just got a better striker and one who imagine is probably on more than Rose. I wonder whether Rose was a fallback option for us, if the Samuels deal didn’t come off and why we were linked with him?
Agree 100%. I think you're on to something about rose being a fallback option. By the sound of it I think Samuel was our main striking target all summer, especially with the fact he specifically stated he wanted the number 9 shirt and we left it vacant at the beginning of the season. Guess we had to wait til Hanlan had left to make a move.

Agree 100%. I think you're on to something about rose being a fallback option. By the sound of it I think Samuel was our main striking target all summer, especially with the fact he specifically stated he wanted the number 9 shirt and we left it vacant at the beginning of the season. Guess we had to wait til Hanlan had left to make a move.

SE has said several times that when he's in for a player he is in for a couple of others who would fit the bill so we aren't left with no one should the deal for our first choice fall through.