Danny on the EFL | Page 3 | Vital Football

Danny on the EFL

Because what usually happens is someone comes in buys the club and the EFL can carry on without having to make a decision, the worst that usually happens is the club go into admin and there are rules for that.
I think that is a very good point. It must be so frustrating and inconvenient for t'committee to actually break off from planning their next all expenses paid junket or important decisions such as what colour emulsion they want on their walls.

"While accepting everyone is entitled to their opinion, we have repeatedly stated that integrity of the league competition remains of paramount importance and any club that doesn't fulfil a fixture will face a sporting sanction."

Like Bolton did last season, you mean? Where do organisations find these weasels from?

Don't forget the big sporting sanction on Birmingham last season for widespread breach of spending rules - 9 points off which moved them from mid table to ...err...a little bit lower in mid table. Such a deterrent to other clubs to not overspend....
Maybe they should have given the Birmingham chairman 100 lines as well...
"I must not overspend"
"I must not overspend"
"I must not overspend"

As an aside, totally disgusts me that an authority(tarian) organisation reacts with a sanction when, heaven forbid, someone dares to criticise or express an opinion from an authority. Whatever happened to "freedom of speech", or more reasonably or democratically, a reasoned and open debate, from both sides, to help EVERYONE understand a situation or decisions and perhaps to decide on a way forward which is acceptable to the majority. To not do so, and just react defensively, smacks of ignorance and fear of further criticism because the decision or course of action may have been wrong and could expose a short-sighted, ignorant 'bully mentality' of the organisation. Hate to say it, but (as a completely extreme comparison) the immediate thought which sprang to mind was those extreme authoritarian regimes around the World where people "disappeared" for daring to have a different view from 'the State'. I know they weren't allowed freedom of speech in those regimes, but the principles are not too far removed. Rant over ?

Last edited:
Danny could refuse to attend the disciplinary hearing.
"Clearly, no one wants to see a league with two teams on minus points, but the priority right now is working to find solutions for the survival of the clubs concerned." Says the EFL statement.
Simply no, they're wrong. The priority for Bolton and Bury is to find solutions for the survival of their clubs. The priority of The EFL is to run a fair and competent league that is not disrupted by those 2 cowboy outfits to the detriment of everybody else.
If I could like this twice, I would. The EFL are clueless.

As much as I don't like the bloke, hats off to Joey Barton for also voicing his disgust in the way the EFL have handled the whole situation with Bolton & Bury

Surely most of the managers in this division are just as uncomfortable with whole sorry affair but nobody wants to be the first to say so publicly.

Now that Danny's taken the brave step to be the first to speak up it would be nice to see other managers follow suit and support him. The EFL have to know they're losing the respect of their members

"Clearly, no one wants to see a league with two teams on minus points, but the priority right now is working to find solutions for the survival of the clubs concerned." Says the EFL statement.
Simply no, they're wrong. The priority for Bolton and Bury is to find solutions for the survival of their clubs. The priority of The EFL is to run a fair and competent league that is not disrupted by those 2 cowboy outfits to the detriment of everybody else.
What the EFL says there is totally different from what the PL said only days earlier, which was, "Ultimately leagues don’t run clubs...they have to take responsibility for their own actions”

In trying not to make L1 look like a farce by disqualifying two teams before the start of the season, they've made it even worse!

The Accy Chairman is quite vocal about these things, Posh Chairman says the odd thing, too.

Now with DC and Barton getting in on the act, hopefully more Chairman, CEO's and Managers start as well and putting real pressure on the EFL.

Some Clubs may have sent letters, but it puts more pressure on them if it's out in the public domain.