Danny on the EFL | Page 2 | Vital Football

Danny on the EFL

"I feel sorry for Phil (Parkinson) and the guys at Bolton but someone is going to play Donny on Saturday and they will have had a fresh week. It is not right."
joey keeping a close eye on the fixtures )))

"I feel sorry for Phil (Parkinson) and the guys at Bolton but someone is going to play Donny on Saturday and they will have had a fresh week. It is not right."
joey keeping a close eye on the fixtures )))
He probably finds it difficult to say our name.

The penultimate sentence sums it up: "You look at the league table in the paper and it looks like a bit of a Mickey Mouse league."

"While accepting everyone is entitled to their opinion, we have repeatedly stated that integrity of the league competition remains of paramount importance and any club that doesn't fulfil a fixture will face a sporting sanction."

Like Bolton did last season, you mean? Where do organisations find these weasels from?

I don't agree with that at all. How on earth could a club be suspended for a year to sort out its finances? It would have no income, while its accumulated debts would only increase accordingly. No one in their right mind would buy a football club with no matches to play. Bury is not saleable, full stop. You could wait a million years for a buyer to take it - then what? I'm sorry, if clubs do not wish to play by the rules, then let's find clubs who will.
-its all absurd. how on earth can a club/s be allowed to exist in division 1 but not play any games? even absurder.

"While accepting everyone is entitled to their opinion, we have repeatedly stated that integrity of the league competition remains of paramount importance and any club that doesn't fulfil a fixture will face a sporting sanction."

Like Bolton did last season, you mean?
Ridiculous, isn't it? As I said in another thread, exactly what sporting sanction does the EFL think will have any impact whatsoever on these two clubs? It cannot fine them because they have no money, and withholding EFL payments from them will only make matters worse; there is no point in deducting points because they don't have any to deduct; there is no point in doing so anyway - or relegating them - because they are both going down regardless, even if they do miraculously start and finish the season. There is one effective sanction available, which should be taken immediately: but won't be.

"Clearly, no one wants to see a league with two teams on minus points, but the priority right now is working to find solutions for the survival of the clubs concerned." Says the EFL statement.
Simply no, they're wrong. The priority for Bolton and Bury is to find solutions for the survival of their clubs. The priority of The EFL is to run a fair and competent league that is not disrupted by those 2 cowboy outfits to the detriment of everybody else.

"Clearly, no one wants to see a league with two teams on minus points, but the priority right now is working to find solutions for the survival of the clubs concerned." Says the EFL statement.
Simply no, they're wrong. The priority for Bolton and Bury is to find solutions for the survival of their clubs. The priority of The EFL is to run a fair and competent league that is not disrupted by those 2 cowboy outfits to the detriment of everybody else.
Correct. Every statement the EFL makes serves only to dig a deeper hole for itself.

I am expecting DC to be heavily sactioned by the EFL acting in a swift and punitive manner. A good sign of an incompetent organisation is how it reacts to internal criticism while failing to act on the important issues.

It's the British disease.

I am expecting DC to be heavily sactioned by the EFL acting in a swift and punitive manner. A good sign of an incompetent organisation is how it reacts to internal criticism while failing to act on the important issues.
That is unfair, Dom. The EFL did spring into action when it allocated maximum resources to persuading AFC Wimbledon to say, "Milton Keynes Dons".

It really isn't hard. I play Mickey Mouse club cricket for a team that has annual turn over of about £800. So as lowly as we are our club and every other club from the top division to the bottom knows what happens if a fixture (s) not fulfilled. Transgression 1 = big points deduction. 2 = triple points deduction 3 = relegation to the bottom division (if accepted) after re-election for the next season. Oh yeah there are big league fines and compensation to opponents on top.
In writing, quite clear, no argument and implemented with immediate effect. Good luck with an appeal; I don't know any club that has been stupid or arrogant enough to try one yet.

That is unfair, Dom. The EFL did spring into action when it allocated maximum resources to persuading AFC Wimbledon to say, "Milton Keynes Dons".

Another sign of an incompetent organisation: "bike-shedding", as it is known.

It may be that the only solution to break the deadlock is for the Chair's and Manager's of all other League 1 Clubs agree not to play the 31st August fixtures unless the Bury/Bolton farce has been resolved.

As soon as there is a resolution. New laws need to be brought in so that the current situation can never be repeated. One might be for clubs to be thrown out of the EFL if they could not fulfill two fixtures in a season due to financial problems or irregularities. Another might be: no promotions (or re-admittance to the Leagues?) for clubs which are not financially solvent or who have not cleared legitimate VAT and Capital Tax payments by 1st June each year. Such rules, if enforced, should soon provide a slightly more level playing field.

No Club should ever be allowed to get more than one month behind on its VAT or Capital Tax payment schedule. Many problems multiply because early on, HMRC seem far more lenient with Football Clubs than any other business.

Why were Bury allowed to be promoted? They were found to have cheated by spending money they didn't have to get them into a position unattainable by clubs who didn't cheat.
They should have been kept in L2 and deducted the 12 points, and Mansfield promoted.
*ducks overhead missiles*

Why were Bury allowed to be promoted? They were found to have cheated by spending money they didn't have to get them into a position unattainable by clubs who didn't cheat.
They should have been kept in L2 and deducted the 12 points, and Mansfield promoted.

Indeed. It has been a discussion point on here pretty much since we played them in January. I'm not sure what could or should have been done, but the cut off point should undoubtedly have been the league AGM.

Because what usually happens is someone comes in buys the club and the EFL can carry on without having to make a decision, the worst that usually happens is the club go into admin and there are rules for that.

Joey Barton talking sense, the world has gone mad.
Not sure he is the poster boy for "fit and proper" though.