Danny on the EFL | Vital Football

Danny on the EFL

Everything he says is correct.

I'd like to see all clubs agreeing to postpone a game on one Saturday in protest but it won't happen.

Can you imagine this happening in the championship or prem with knock on effects on TV rights and contracts? But because it's league one who gives a shit.

There would be worse penalties and probably more decisive action for missing a Sunday league game.

He makes a good point. Just suspend both teams for a season, as of now. They automatically get relegated to Div 2, and start again next season. Everybody else knows where they are, and carry's on.

He makes a good point. Just suspend both teams for a season, as of now. They automatically get relegated to Div 2, and start again next season. Everybody else knows where they are, and carry's on.
They are both massively in debt, will creditors be happy to suspend their debts. The only solution now is for them to become AFC Bolton and AFC Bury with neither club allowed to transfer their histories or have use of the grounds they can not afford. Harsh? maybe, fair on the other clubs in the EFL? certainly. It needs this to happen to prevent it happening again in the future. Clubs would know they are playing with their very existence if they went down the same route of overspend and to hell with the consequences.

Danny just got a mention for his comments on the main sports headlines on 5 live. You can bet the efl won't take the criticism on board but will find a way to punish him for daring to say what everyone else is thinking.

The EFL have let this situation with Bury and Bolton go on for months now. I've got this feeling they are going to act somewhat quicker when deciding to punish Danny for his comments (even if they are true).

The EFL have let this situation with Bury and Bolton go on for months now. I've got this feeling they are going to act somewhat quicker when deciding to punish Danny for his comments (even if they are true).
If they fine him the fans can sort out a whip round to pay it for him.

On the money yet again. The EFL have let this drag on far too long and it’s now harming other clubs and the integrity of the competition.

I don't agree with that at all. How on earth could a club be suspended for a year to sort out its finances? It would have no income, while its accumulated debts would only increase accordingly. No one in their right mind would buy a football club with no matches to play. Bury is not saleable, full stop. You could wait a million years for a buyer to take it - then what? I'm sorry, if clubs do not wish to play by the rules, then let's find clubs who will.

They are both massively in debt, will creditors be happy to suspend their debts. The only solution now is for them to become AFC Bolton and AFC Bury with neither club allowed to transfer their histories or have use of the grounds they can not afford. Harsh? maybe, fair on the other clubs in the EFL? certainly. It needs this to happen to prevent it happening again in the future. Clubs would know they are playing with their very existence if they went down the same route of overspend and to hell with the consequences.
Exactly that. I don't go for this 'loss to the community' stuff. Supporters would simply transfer their allegiance to the phoenix club because there has been no change in their minds. I have seen that happen: I was living in Airdrie in 2002 when the original Airdrieonians went to the wall (after 124 years and former Scottish FA Cup winners - Bury and Bolton take note) and fans just went along to watch the new club (Airdrie United at that time).

I don't agree with that at all. How on earth could a club be suspended for a year to sort out its finances? It would have no income, while its accumulated debts would only increase accordingly. No one in their right mind would buy a football club with no matches to play. Bury is not saleable, full stop. You could wait a million years for a buyer to take it - then what? I'm sorry, if clubs do not wish to play by the rules, then let's find clubs who will.

In that case they fold, but they have a year to sort their crap out without impacting on anyone else in the league and try to find a buyer who will support them long term rather than a knee jerk sale to the first chancer who comes along and plonks them back in the same mess within the next 6 months.

Bury clearly can be sold, they have had offers. I've no idea how credible they are but offers have been made.

No-one in their right mind would buy a football club regardless of it's circumstances...

Clive - and every other L1 Chair - needs to be getting on the blower and having a "Little chat" with the EFL big-wigs.
Exactly. Further than that, the other clubs should be showing a united face to the EFL, but everyone is scared to be the first to put their head above the parapet. There is far too much respect being shown to these two clubs and their apparently sacred membership of the EFL when they are both serial cheats. Danny is the first individual from any club honest (and brave) enough to speak his mind. Everything those two clubs are doing - and not doing - is having an impact on the wellbeing of every other League One club and could have a significant effect on who finishes where in the league table. The other clubs are all members of the EFL and should now dictate to the EFL what happens next. Perhaps every League One club should refuse to play another game until the growing problem of Bury and Bolton is removed?