Daniel's end of season message... | Vital Football

Daniel's end of season message...

Spursex

Alert Team
Chairman's message
Posted on 13 May 2018 - 09:00
A message to supporters from our Chairman, Daniel Levy, ahead of our final game of the season against Leicester City at Wembley today.
chairman_730a.jpg
chairman_730b.jpg

Dear Supporter,

It is hard to believe that it was only this time last year that we were saying goodbye to White Hart Lane and preparing for a season at Wembley.

I write this at a time when we have one remaining game and have already qualified for the Champions League for a record third successive year. A win today would guarantee a top three Premier League finish.

It is a fantastic achievement for Mauricio, his coaching staff and the team to have secured a top four finish, an FA Cup semi-final and last 16 of the Champions League – being knocked out by Juventus who have gone on to win a League and Cup double for the fourth successive season. To have done this while essentially playing every home game ‘away’ at Wembley is even more remarkable.

We broke the record for the attendance at Premier League matches no fewer than three times – beating Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal on those occasions. In the Champions League we filled Wembley and witnessed remarkable games against Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.

This season also saw us match our longest unbeaten run in the Premier League – a run of 14 games – and finish top of our Champions League group that included this year’s finalists and current holders, Real Madrid.

chairman_instory.jpg

Many of our players achieved milestones – Harry Kane became our all-time top Premier League goal scorer and joined the 100 Premier League goal club; Hugo and Jan played their 250th games for us and Jan became the most capped player in Belgium's history; Christian Eriksen was named Denmark's Football Player of the Year for a record-equalling fourth time and Heung-Min Son won AFC Asian International Player of the Year for a second time.

We had three players, Jan, Christian and Harry, named in the PFA Premier League Team of the Season – making it 11 in the last three years – more than any other club.

It is you, our supporters, that I want to especially acknowledge for the huge part you have played this season.

With a capacity nearly three times that of White Hart Lane we welcomed more fans than ever and hopefully gained new ones. You filled Wembley and I doubt there are many teams that could have enjoyed such support throughout the season.

Around the world we saw our Official Supporters’ Clubs grow to 165. It is always heart-warming to hear about the work so many do for good causes in their locality, among them our Supporters’ Clubs in Texas who came together to support the relief effort following Hurricane Harvey in Houston.

As a Club, despite the busy time we find ourselves in, we continue to deliver on our commitment to our communities. This season we have done this in Brent too, holding jobs fairs, healthy living initiatives, grassroots coaching and community ticketing.

I should like to thank all the staff at Wembley, Brent Council, residents and local services for accommodating and supporting us during our season here. We have been made to feel so welcome and it has been our pleasure delivering projects and programmes in the local area, several of which are set to continue.

Back home we opened the London Academy of Excellence Tottenham in Lilywhite House, bringing first-class teaching from top independent schools to the area's brightest children.

We also restored Percy House – a property with close historical ties to the Club – to its former glory. With its doors right on the High Road in Tottenham it is a focus for education and employment, delivering training, mentoring and job brokerage opportunities.

Across all sectors including catering, marketing, design, architecture and property, we have delivered, at the time of writing this, 1,317 jobs for local people.

We are seeing real, tangible, quantifiable benefits from our new stadium for the local community.

And there is much more to come. Our new stadium and the associated developments – such as the museum and Sky Walk – will bring, in addition to football from the best league in the world, NFL games with fanfare and fanzone activations, music concerts and also seek to host leading international sports competitions. It will pump millions into the local economy.

As you all head off for the summer period we shall be working hard on the final stages of the new stadium. With a project of this scale there are always challenges and unknowns, but contractors, with a workforce approaching 3,000, are working around the clock. We shall ask for your support in attending the two test events we shall run in advance of the formal opening. We shall give a further stadium update, including the dates for these events, as completion times become more certain.

We shall shortly see the finishing touches made to our player accommodation Lodge at the Training Centre, a further enhancement of our world-class facility. We look forward to sharing details of this with you and welcoming the Brazil national team for their pre-World Cup training and preparation.

I wish all our players heading off with their national teams well and a safe return to us ahead of our US Tour.

And I wish you and your families a wonderful summer. Your support has been nothing less than amazing. My thanks to you all.

Yours,
Daniel

Nice one Daniel.....although a cup would have been lovely. Even a little one....3rd and the new stadium will be a real achievement.

This season could have been a lot worse.

Goodbye Wembley graveyard, hello new White Hart Lane.

This is the Daniel Levy that most fans don't see,the work he and his staff do,behind the scenes that doesn't only focus on football is incredible,I know he deserves the criticism he gets for his wages policy but you can't fault the man for the way he runs our Beloved Spurs.

I've never been his greatest fan but I guess he has a job to do that I wouldn't like to be anywhere near . He has to do the right thing and appease too many people that try and pull him in different directions . Hopeless task that he carries out very well. I just hope / want him to get the cheque book out tomorrow and get business done before the World Cup kicks off .
When you see the Sanchez deal at MU it brings it home to me how far we have to go to catch up . 20 million a year and still gets £75, 000 just for being picked to start a fucking game .
No wonder our Daniel is bald !!!

I didn't know that about Sanchez, what a ridiculous salary. And he's scored less than Eriksen and Son, the same as Dele and assisted less than all of em.

Might not be popular but I think since Poch appointment Daniel has been doing a great job. Obviously the Nelsen & Saha window and various other blunders still need to be remembered but right now there's not a manager and chairman I'd swap our two for in the league. We might not win trophies like City, Chelsea and United do but when we do (and I believe it will be when) we'll have properly earned them.

Anyway, vintage Spurs today - a type of vintage that probably raises the blood pressure a bit more than a normal Poch performance. Bring on next season, can't wait.

I didn't know that about Sanchez, what a ridiculous salary. And he's scored less than Eriksen and Son, the same as Dele and assisted less than all of em.

Might not be popular but I think since Poch appointment Daniel has been doing a great job. Obviously the Nelsen & Saha window and various other blunders still need to be remembered but right now there's not a manager and chairman I'd swap our two for in the league. We might not win trophies like City, Chelsea and United do but when we do (and I believe it will be when) we'll have properly earned them.

Anyway, vintage Spurs today - a type of vintage that probably raises the blood pressure a bit more than a normal Poch performance. Bring on next season, can't wait.

Freund , the Sanchez deal is more eye watering than that .
He is on 1.1million a year SIGNING ON bonus until 2023.
2 million Pound bonus if he provides 40 goals /assists
1million if MU WIN the champions league and 500,000 bonus to win PL
.on top of all hat he received a 6.7 million pound signing on fee ......

All this and a lot more in the book.
".Football leaks....Uncovering the dirty deals behind the beautiful game" see the Daily Mail last Saturday