Daniel Phillips signs | Page 2 | Vital Football

Daniel Phillips signs

Just had a quick scroll through Twitter. Some replies from Watford fans asked about what Daniel is like. Normally a fair smattering of β€œRubbish” type replies to these things. Doesn’t appear so with Daniel -

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
β€œGood singing this, solid old school midfielder. Puts himself about. Will do a Good job”

Love this btw, he’s a proper midfielder goes in hard for challenges, isn’t afraid of a yellow card and has got a decent pass on him.
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Outstanding talent. Great bit of business for you guys. πŸπŸπŸπŸ™ŒπŸ» best of luck for the upcoming season.
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Good signing, didn't look massively out of place in the championship

Although, someone posted about his games so far for Watford -

3 mins in 2 sub appearances in the champ.
Started 2 League cup games against Newport + Oxford
6 mins off the bench in the FA cup.

We shall see…..

And another β€œPod guy” (Michael @themutedrecluse Watford pod) has these things to say -
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
I watched a fair bit of the U23s pre Covid & Phillips has been the standout player for us in the past 2 or 3 seasons. Physically strong, comfortable to receive the ball anywhere, even under pressure. Can play as DM, CM & has an eye for a final pass too.

He's a leader on the pitch & word has it is well respected by his peers.
Only obvious fault I've seen was when receiving the ball outside his 18 yard box & facing the goal, would often try to turn his marker & lose the ball.

A talent but this is a big step up over a season.

From my neighbour with a Watford ST:

"I know he's highly rated but not seen him play. Should be a good addition"

Got to be honest, I don't really care how good his singing is, would rather he can pass, tackle and shoot!

I too am more concerned with his footballing skills than his singing abilities but am not so quick as you to dismiss the latter.

Having a player who can sing well would be good for team morale; he could lead the sing-song session on the team bus after away games and bring some class to the karaoke competition at the Christmas party. If he's injured or suspended he could even join the RE choir....

Last edited: