Daniel Phillips signs | Vital Football

Daniel Phillips signs

Coxy - one of the best in a Gills shirt and a brill defensive coach, not to mention a lovely bloke. Legend. Not off-thread as he`s fam .

i donated two gills domain names to gills for free so scally invited me (+ 3) to a directors room hospitality event. It was Coxy on duty that day and i had a photo with him when he presented me with a team signed ball. Nice guy and a very good player.

Looks a promising signing on paper but SE loan signings in the last couple of summers haven't always been the best or lasted. Much better over his time here with his loan recruitment in Jan.

Sounds like a decent signing, loans are hard to get correct,
do you know the pair from Arsenal last year had highest wages at the club .

I may be wrong on this, but I thought the conditions were that we could only sign players on loan for 6 months, and permanent signings on a 1-year contract. And then once we get to 23 pros, no more signings at all.

You may well be right, Madrid. I was aware of the 23 man roster rule, didn`t read up on the other aspects. Likely you`re more on the ball than I am. In which case apologies to Romany if i`ve overlooked the "loan" details.

One possibility is that it is indeed a six month loan but all parties have already agreed to an automatic extension in the January window.

Welcome Daniel if he has the same attitude as Coxy and anything like the same ability he will do well.Sounds like a decent player to get on loan.

I thought I read that under the embargo you could get a season loan there just had to be a break after 6 months.

I thought I read that under the embargo you could get a season loan there just had to be a break after 6 months.
I thought all season-long deals had this clause anyway? Same as the 28-day recall or whatever.

I feel if we weren’t allowed to sign a player on a season-long loan, then we wouldn’t be able to announce it as one. Otherwise we would state 6 months with an option. Surely the EFL would get fucked off seeing our wording?