👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

For what?

His building a winning football club? (0/10)

His making a fortune for the owners, of which he is one? (8/10)

Overall rating. We all have areas where we are complete naffing wads.

6/10

His stewardship has been hampered by two things, inability to take a measured gamble when an opportunity window opened and spending too long listening to people who knew less than he did about transfers/players/coaches and infrastructure projects.

His apprenticeship took him almost 8-10 years and that was/is a tragedy.

The near future , is a different kettle of fish - when the stadium has been delivered (which for a long time was against all the odds) he'll get an 8/10..

6/10 for me.

He's made some excellent decisions down the years and the business side of the club has grown dramatically. The training facility is marvellous and the stadium looks like it could become a real treasure.

His footballing decisions have more often than not been appalling though. Some god awful managers have been hired and he has been lucky that some other hirings went as well as they did (Jol & Harry). His treatment of Jol was dire. His hiring of Baldini was embarrassing and his inability to take a risk when it was most needed has cost us dearly down the years. The hiring of Poch was his biggest risk and it has been his best decision yet, which proves that it is worth the risk at times.

Our gradual improvement is hard to ignore and I honestly do think he has a love for the club that wants to see us succeed but I also think his boss cares very little about it and is using it has a money making scheme. Lewis is the bigger problem for us and think Levy takes large amounts of blame that he shouldn't.

1/10

He's presided over our worst trophy drought since WW2, and there's no sign of that drought ending.

Last time I checked , we're still described as a Football Club, and as a football supporter that is all that interests me, not property, not balance sheets or any other non football related '' successes'' he may claim.

Chiv, I've said before, under ENIC we are no longer a football club but an investment company with a works football team.

Levy is a well paid surrogate director and small share holder of an investment company which is using a big and popular London club to do primary business that will bring profit to the investment company without risking their own money while, in that context, they try to achieve some successes on the field, on the cheap and without strengthening effectively and in time every season the squad, in order to throw dust in the eyes of the naïve and unambitious among the fans and gain time to conclude certain plans which will increase the value of the club and their profit when they will decide to sell.

Those plans have nothing to do with the plans of an owner of a big football club who is primary targeting to achieve as soon as possible and regularly winning titles and trophies.

Winning silverware are words that never came out of the mouth of ENIC's director last seventeen years.

Judging his ability to serve the best football interests of a big and popular London club like Spurs and the fact that the club under his directorship has failed to win a title or major trophy, he gets an 1 in the absence of 0.

Ioan X - 11/8/2017 10:14

Levy is a well paid surrogate director and small share holder of an investment company which is using a big and popular London club to do primary business that will bring profit to the investment company without risking their own money while, in that context, they try to achieve some successes on the field, on the cheap and without strengthening effectively and in time every season the squad, in order to throw dust in the eyes of the naïve and unambitious among the fans and gain time to conclude certain plans which will increase the value of the club and their profit when they will decide to sell.

Those plans have nothing to do with the plans of an owner of a big football club who is primary targeting to achieve as soon as possible and regularly winning titles and trophies.

Winning silverware are words that never came out of the mouth of ENIC's director last seventeen years.

Judging his ability to serve the best football interests of a big and popular London club like Spurs and the fact that the club under his directorship has failed to win a title or major trophy, he gets an 1 in the absence of 0.

You're fractually incorrect in almost everything you post, I can't be bothered to keep educating you as clearly ignorance is bliss.

And you're obviously in an a state of extreme bliss.

If Levy hangs onto Rose and then loans him to Millwall for the season he'll get a top rating from me.

I am sorry for disappointing you Ex because I want Spurs to have owners who primary are aiming to win titles and trophies and are able to do that in the shortest possible time from the moment they own the club and not to wait for decades!

I know that winning regularly titles and trophies isn't also your priority with Spurs!
That's why you don't bother when Spurs haven't won a title or major trophy last seventeen years under the current owners!

I hope you forgive me for wanting Spurs to win regularly titles and trophies and for blaming the current owners that they have contemned Spurs not to win, all that time, a single title or major trophy.

Wow wow wow, fickle bunch! I bet if this poll was done in June it would be a very different result. Consistent improvement, new stadium and facilities to help us compete, challenging for trophies, keeping hold of players and manager and champions league football. As a club we earn the 11th most amount in the world, we also pay the 11th most amount on wages in the in the world. We pay the same percentage of income (50%) on wages as Man City. The club is in a very positive place at them moment, think of all the teams since 2004 that have gone to pot. As a very well run football club I'm giving a 9/10 for where we are. Maybe your looking in the wrong place if your giving a 0-5/10 and would suggest some countries like Qatar or free billionaires to buy us out.

Bald Archie - 9/8/2017 16:26

For what?

His building a winning football club? (0/10)

His making a fortune for the owners, of which he is one? (8/10)

These are basically my questions, too. ;) What is the yardstick?

Ledleysleftknee - 16/8/2017 15:02
Maybe your looking in the wrong place if your giving a 0-5/10 and would suggest some countries like Qatar or free billionaires to buy us out.
Where can I find a free billionaire please?