👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Page 14 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

The focus should be here. Honestly, if Levy doesn't make all the right moves over the next two months he stands to hyper-alienate the supporter base.

He is under a microscope and his Teflon coating has worn off.

The focus should be here. Honestly, if Levy doesn't make all the right moves over the next two months he stands to hyper-alienate the supporter base.

He is under a microscope and his Teflon coating has worn off.
I think the almost universal acclaim that came his way after the Stadium opened and we got to the Champions League Final went to his head. Vanity took over and then came the fall.

I want ENIC gone, but I'm not closed minded about this stance. If Levy rights the ship, then I'll admit that. However, I won't be holding my breath.

Our league positions in the 10 years prior to Enic.
10, 11, 14, 10, 8, 7, 15, 8, 15, 10
Since then
12, 9, 10, 14, 9, 5, 5, 11, 8, 4, 5, 4, 5, 6, 5, 3, 2, 3, 4, 6

You can see little dips every time we try to take that next step, mostly due to manager choices, whether they are getting it right or not there is no doubt it is better than before!

This still resonates. Points well made Kiwi.

Or are we?

Last season we got 59 points and came 6th. This season with a game to go we're in 7th place on 59 pts. We may have just found the bottom.

Ex and Kiwispur's reference was to our finishing position, so even at 7th place we're going to be worse off than last season. That's four seasons running we'll have lower finishing positions than the previous season.

Also, last season's 59 points was our lowest points total since the 2008/09 season.

Ex and Kiwispur's reference was to our finishing position, so even at 7th place we're going to be worse off than last season. That's four seasons running we'll have lower finishing positions than the previous season.

Also, last season's 59 points was our lowest points total since the 2008/09 season.
It's a trend that must be reversed Gary. By standing still for two whole seasons we were actually going backwards.

So you think we will go lower next season than this season's finish?

I actually don't. The club will feel different with the stadium back open, a new manager in place and a younger, fresher feel to the squad. Most importantly, this season has changed expectations for next, and we'll see 5th or 6th as progress. We'll see top 4 finish as punching above our weight and it's probably 38 games and domestic cups only. That's worth a few league points.

So you think we will go lower next season than this season's finish?

I actually don't. The club will feel different with the stadium back open, a new manager in place and a younger, fresher feel to the squad. Most importantly, this season has changed expectations for next, and we'll see 5th or 6th as progress. We'll see top 4 finish as punching above our weight and it's probably 38 games and domestic cups only. That's worth a few league points.
I wasn't making any predictions about next season. I was just pointing out that we've been on a downward trajectory for the last four seasons. You would hope that's bottomed out. 59-62 points and 7th-9th place is a low base to be starting out from.

I honestly thought the Mourinho hiring would be the making of breaking of Levy. The pandemic, in a weird way, saved him from that but the ESL debacle has really put him under the microscope now. Like USA says, this hiring is very important and if Levy messes this up he really should hire somebody to step into his role and he can retire to some tax haven island or something.

I honestly thought the Mourinho hiring would be the making of breaking of Levy. The pandemic, in a weird way, saved him from that but the ESL debacle has really put him under the microscope now. Like USA says, this hiring is very important and if Levy messes this up he really should hire somebody to step into his role and he can retire to some tax haven island or something.
We seem to have been saying this for some time now. And yet, from what I can tell, we're going through the very same process again...