👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Page 22 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

This £150m - if indeed this is the number, it's still speculation - wasn't a number plucked out of the air by Levy. He has a team working for him and I'm sure Fabio would have had some input too. And there are many in the world of football who also think this is a realistic fee for him.

There are other considerations too -

We (as in the public) don't know how much our target replacements will cost. As a minimum we needed to come out of this with a squad that's at least as good as it was before Kane left. But if the cost of the replacements is greater than the money we'd receive for Kane then we either don't sell or wait until our valuation is met.

It's clear also that the Spurs hierarchy were angry with how Kane and City went about this. And I can understand why they took stance even if it was only to stand up say we're not going to be bullied into selling Kane for a number less than what we consider to be his valuation. And that lays down a marker for any future approaches.

City's request to come to the negotiating table is bollocks. That should have been their first move when the season ended. And behind closed doors. Instead they used Pep to make the request in public only after their and Kane's PR strategy went pear-shaped. That's not how you create a win-win for both parties in the real world.

City believed their offer was 'amazing' as it would break PL record spends. It wasn't even close apparently to make Levy flinch and certainly not the 'amazing' offer that would make him relent on his contract.

All eyes on city now, because supposedly they've backed off and will use the funds for a short-term fix - probably Ronaldo if all the issues can be resolved.

From what I'm told if they don't sweep all before them this season, they will be back and Kane might well be prepared to act worse than he has so far.

The Kane camp firmly believes that they've been wronged and Charlie and family are said to be seriously pissed off., and my source is about as close to the family as I could ever get.

Ex... where are we getting the money from for all these deals? As i understand it a couple have been deferred till next year with the loan to buy option, but what of the others. Somebody big must be making way. Ndombele perhaps?

City believed their offer was 'amazing' as it would break PL record spends. It wasn't even close apparently to make Levy flinch and certainly not the 'amazing' offer that would make him relent on his contract.

All eyes on city now, because supposedly they've backed off and will use the funds for a short-term fix - probably Ronaldo if all the issues can be resolved.

From what I'm told if they don't sweep all before them this season, they will be back and Kane might well be prepared to act worse than he has so far.

The Kane camp firmly believes that they've been wronged and Charlie and family are said to be seriously pissed off., and my source is about as close to the family as I could ever get.
In all honesty Ex I couldn't give a toss about the feelings of the Kane family.

I'm sure this will come around again next season even if it isn't City doing the bidding. And no doubt Kane will be off this time. But I wouldn't expect this circus again. His valuation will probably be no higher than £100m which won't be amazing next season and probably not even a British record. And I'd expect DL, Team Kane and whoever is interested in buying him, to take a different approach.

Ex... where are we getting the money from for all these deals? As i understand it a couple have been deferred till next year with the loan to buy option, but what of the others. Somebody big must be making way. Ndombele perhaps?

We've sold and banked money; we've raised an additional £75 mill with our recent debt placing (above and beyond what was needed to repay the BOE), and we are leveraging this seasons cash for next years payments, realistically as of now we've only spent this years cash on Gil, and a big fee on Romano and Gollini.

Tough! What does the contract say? Were you dragged kicking and screaming to sign it? You signed it voluntarily. If it fell short when you needed it to say something else well, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Tough ge better advice. Lucky we didn’t use the thumbscrews and rack to force your signature! Honour your contract like we your employers are.

"Charlie and family said to be seriously pissed off" tough fcuking shit!
Right Charlie has seen £5m slip through his fingers hahahaha!

We've sold and banked money; we've raised an additional £75 mill with our recent debt placing (above and beyond what was needed to repay the BOE), and we are leveraging this seasons cash for next years payments, realistically as of now we've only spent this years cash on Gil, and a big fee on Romano and Gollini.
Thanks, that clears that up rather nicely. Having retained Harry i just couldn't get my head around the amount of business we were conducting.

Fabio's laid down the marker for future windows but he still has 2 pressing concerns. Harry & Ndombele. Thankfully he now has the wiggle room he requires to find a solution for Harry but it's the uncertainty surrounding Ndombele that's concerning me the most.

Thanks, that clears that up rather nicely. Having retained Harry i just couldn't get my head around the amount of business we were conducting.

Fabio's laid down the marker for future windows but he still has 2 pressing concerns. Harry & Ndombele. Thankfully he now has the wiggle room he requires to find a solution for Harry but it's the uncertainty surrounding Ndombele that's concerning me the most.

The other question really becomes how long it takes for the kitty to re-build. We have the AJ fight, the NFL in October, the rugby league final in May. Starting to see some key money making events again at the stadium which is open to full capacity for the first team every home game. I think the ladies play there as well, whilst the naming rights is also another money spinner that sits out there.

OK, no CL football at the lane yet but we can't be too far off optimising revenues again after COVID. Good times ahead?

The other question really becomes how long it takes for the kitty to re-build. We have the AJ fight, the NFL in October, the rugby league final in May. Starting to see some key money making events again at the stadium which is open to full capacity for the first team every home game. I think the ladies play there as well, whilst the naming rights is also another money spinner that sits out there.

OK, no CL football at the lane yet but we can't be too far off optimising revenues again after COVID. Good times ahead?

It was why Levy's vision was a multi-functional venue.

It is all planned for one purpose and one purpose only, to increase our revenues and profits to underpin spending on our team.

Our financial progress has been set back at least two years, which is frustrating but when 130,000 + people here have lost their lives to covid, we can't and shouldn't be too critical of our delayed progress - many Spurs fans won't be here to see any of it now.

Levy's sole purpose and the over-arching goal was to make us an elite club that could be self-sustaining; that vision is now in sight once again.

It was why Levy's vision was a multi-functional venue.

It is all planned for one purpose and one purpose only, to increase our revenues and profits to underpin spending on our team.

Our financial progress has been set back at least two years, which is frustrating but when 130,000 + people here have lost their lives to covid, we can't and shouldn't be too critical of our delayed progress - many Spurs fans won't be here to see any of it now.

Levy's sole purpose and the over-arching goal was to make us an elite club that could be self-sustaining; that vision is now in sight once again.
Great post Ex.
"Many Spurs fans won't be here to see any of it now" so sad! RIP all of you and the same to all the other lost Covid sufferers.

A further sign that Daniel has stepped back from day to day football operations:

Daniel Levy set to replace Ed Woodward as Premier League's ECA representative

Tottenham’s Chairman, Daniel Levy, is poised to replace Ed Woodward as the Premier League’s representative on the ECA board (The Athletic).
Levy was facing competition from Manchester City’s Ferran Soriano, yet after gaining support from Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool Levy will now stand unopposed.
This comes as one of a number of changes to the ECA.
Levy will be joining the board alongside Atletico Madrid’s Miguel Angel Gil and Inter Milan’s Alessandro Antonello.
So much has changed under Levy at Tottenham so it’s not hard to see why he’s been chosen for this role.

It is yet to be seen whether or not Levy will be set to take on the other role that Manchester United’s departing Ed Woodward is vacating.

Woodward was the ECA’s representative on UEFA’s Professional Football Strategy Council – a role which is yet to filled.

This all comes just a matter of months after the European Super League debacle, in which Tottenham – under Levy – were one of the 12 founding members.

It must also be said that Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid, who also have representatives joining the ECA, were among those 12 clubs too.

Levy comes under a lot of criticism at Tottenham for his tight financial control of the club, but it can’t be argued that he doesn’t run the club well.

In his 20-year stint in North London the Lilywhites have become – as Matt Slater put it in The Athletic article – “an example of how a modern self-sufficient football club should work.”

It’s yet to be seen what, if anything, this will mean for Tottenham, but it will see Levy have a bigger say in the goings-on in UEFA, with the ECA being a direct affiliate of the European association.

Nuno clearly wasn't Levy's first choice, but hopefully his performance so far, both on and off the pitch, is being given due recognition and encouragement. I can't recall a new manager ever having such a tough introduction. The Kane saga, the negative Ndombele scenario, the debacle involving Lo Celso and Romero, the failure to sign any much needed midfield creativity, and Paratici's insistence on sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. Nuno has been outstanding in retaining his dignity and composure throughout, many wouldl have been throwing their toys out of the pram by now.

Nuno clearly wasn't Levy's first choice, but hopefully his performance so far, both on and off the pitch, is being given due recognition and encouragement. I can't recall a new manager ever having such a tough introduction. The Kane saga, the negative Ndombele scenario, the debacle involving Lo Celso and Romero, the failure to sign any much needed midfield creativity, and Paratici's insistence on sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. Nuno has been outstanding in retaining his dignity and composure throughout, many wouldl have been throwing their toys out of the pram by now.

I think both financially and staus wise he really does appreciate this is a massive opportunity for him.

As I said early on, we may well have got lucky.

Fingers crossed!

I agree with most of this but what's this bit a reference to? "Paratici's insistence on sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong"

I agree with most of this but what's this bit a reference to? "Paratici's insistence on sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong"

Good question. Paratici is responsible for all football operations at the club and is Nuno's ultimate boss. He can stick his nose wherever he likes.

His insistence on being in close proximity to the subs bench and dug out rather than in the stands, which by all accounts hasn't gone down too well.

His insistence on being in close proximity to the subs bench and dug out rather than in the stands, which by all accounts hasn't gone down too well.

Or it is just the media stirring the pot as always. I haven't seen one credible source of a player that has a problem with it.

Also worth remembering that there are no dugouts anyway. There's about 5 or 6 layers of seating with Fabio and Steve sitting near the back.