👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Page 9 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

Actually, not sure I agree yet. Saw a fair bit of KWP in pre-season and the jury was out. There's obviously a couple of things with him. The first is that he looks more suited to the RWB role and clearly excelled at that at the start and end of the season. He loves to get forward. However, when he has to play as an orthodox left back he doesn't look ready. We've barely seen him as an orthodox RB but his strength and position sense would need to be better than his LB experiences in pre-season.

He just needs to trust Poch.

don't recall anyone saying he was ready for a LB spot. Not sure I'd want Kane there either.

don't recall anyone saying he was ready for a LB spot. Not sure I'd want Kane there either.

I wasn't either. It's just in the cups last season and in the U20 World Cup final he got to play there based on his versatility. Not sure your Kane argument is a great one, but he is playing deeper recently :-)

He looked fit and sharp pre season.

IMO poor management again from Poch.

Agree, don't get it. He did exactly the same thing last season letting him kicks his heels week in, week out. KWP must be thinking that he could do a job on loan as well rather than sit around.

Don't agree with Poch's viewpoint on the loan system.

Agree, don't get it. He did exactly the same thing last season letting him kicks his heels week in, week out. KWP must be thinking that he could do a job on loan as well rather than sit around.

Don't agree with Poch's viewpoint on the loan system.
I take it you guys attend the training sessions, I assume from your comments that you are party to any conversations that Poch and his team may or may not have had with KWP regarding what he needs to improve on to make the team. And I assume from your comments that KWP has addressed those concerns, and having done that Poch still won't pick him hence your comments regarding his treatment.

I take it you guys attend the training sessions, I assume from your comments that you are party to any conversations that Poch and his team may or may not have had with KWP regarding what he needs to improve on to make the team. And I assume from your comments that KWP has addressed those concerns, and having done that Poch still won't pick him hence your comments regarding his treatment.

Simple question back. Aren't forums for conjecture or should we only trade in hard facts and recorded conversations with the manager? I'll be careful in future to write on every post "in my opinion" :-)

I get that he's getting some benefit on the training ground with Poch and the gang. I do think he's a victim of his own versatility though and Danny Rose's injuries were a factor. If you break 17/18 and 18/19 into 4 halves of seasons, I reckon he should have been out on loan for the latter half of last season. He couldn't because one injury to Davies and we would have potentially been playing out of position at LB. Now we have a scenario where Aurier is looking better game by game and both Rose and Davies are fit. He's potentially further away than last season even though he might be improving. Surely in the second half of this season he gets some action elsewhere or Poch delivers some tough news to one of the other right backs and gives him his chance?

For me, you can only learn so much on the training pitch. Game time is a must if you want to hit the heights.

Simple question back. Aren't forums for conjecture or should we only trade in hard facts and recorded conversations with the manager? I'll be careful in future to write on every post "in my opinion" :-)

I get that he's getting some benefit on the training ground with Poch and the gang. I do think he's a victim of his own versatility though and Danny Rose's injuries were a factor. If you break 17/18 and 18/19 into 4 halves of seasons, I reckon he should have been out on loan for the latter half of last season. He couldn't because one injury to Davies and we would have potentially been playing out of position at LB. Now we have a scenario where Aurier is looking better game by game and both Rose and Davies are fit. He's potentially further away than last season even though he might be improving. Surely in the second half of this season he gets some action elsewhere or Poch delivers some tough news to one of the other right backs and gives him his chance?

For me, you can only learn so much on the training pitch. Game time is a must if you want to hit the heights.
I have no problem with advocating that Poch should give him more playing time. It's the attack on Poch and the ascertain being made regarding his man management, everything I've read about the man suggests that is one of his strengths. Having said that, like yourself I would have expected KWP would have gotten more game time than he has. The fact he hasn't suggest there is something they are not happy with.

I think it was Ex who said they are working on KWP's physicality. I hope he gets some game time too but wouldn't want him to get found out strength wise, he would be exploited if so.

I have no problem with advocating that Poch should give him more playing time. It's the attack on Poch and the ascertain being made regarding his man management, everything I've read about the man suggests that is one of his strengths. Having said that, like yourself I would have expected KWP would have gotten more game time than he has. The fact he hasn't suggest there is something they are not happy with.

If you are in his good books yes, once you are done with him you have no chance.

He looked fit and sharp pre season.

IMO poor management again from Poch.

Thought he (GKN) was out on loan to Burnley last season. Also don't recall him getting any rave reviews. Like many of the youngsters, they all seem to do well (from our armchairs!) but are never seen again. Hotby impressed on the USA tour and I thought he had all the attributes (age, stamina, energy and was very enthusiastic....perhaps too much of a joker on the training ground) and he too vanished from our set up.

I do however wonder if Poch is a bit of a control freak....like a teacher to these kids!... For that reason I tend to wonder if he will be able to manage a marquee signing.

Last edited:
Thought he (GKN) was out on loan to Burnley last season. Also don't recall him getting any rave reviews. Like many of the youngsters, they all seem to do well (from our armchairs!) but are never seen again. Hotby impressed on the USA tour and I thought he had all the attributes (age, stamina, energy and was very enthusiastic....perhaps too much of a joker on the training ground) and he too vanished from our set up.

I do however wonder if Poch is a bit of a control freak....like a teacher to these kids!... For that reason I tend to wonder if he will be able to manage a marquee signing.

The problem is we are running our squad into the ground. Key players are carrying injuries and are off form.

With the zero signings in the summer we can't be that picky. Squad players with talent and kids from the acaedmy should be used.

Like it or not that is the situation we are in.

Levy is at a crossroads. Pochettino has taken the club FAR beyond the original plan of top 4 going into the new stadium.

How ironic would it be if we didn't get top 4 this season and didn't have it when we move into the new stadium because Levy didn't deliver on time.

In addition to this, I agree with Pochettino, if we continue this MO with increased revenues from the stadium we will never be a real contender......unless FFP is truly enforced.

Relying on regulation to secure your success is not a smart strategy IMO.

Does MP deserve to lose his job if we don't get top 4 this season? I don't think so.

Levy stipulated CL football for this season because he thought we would be in the new stadium this season. As Poch said recently he and his team delivered that target.

Poch did not reveal what this season's target was but with zero investment in the squad and our rivals spending big the same target is not a reasonable one. If anyone should get the sack it should be Levy.

No actually, he wouldn't. The financial performance and overall increase in the value of the organization would have him being paid much more than he is.

LOL - my guess is that Levy could only ever contribute as a CFO or COO in most industries. Important roles to grow companies but never in the CEO mould. He hasn't got it in him.

LOL - my guess is that Levy could only ever contribute as a CFO or COO in most industries. Important roles to grow companies but never in the CEO mould. He hasn't got it in him.

Hmm. In most cases, a bean counter gets installed in a messy situation, it was a mess when Levy showed up.

Is he the man to lead us forward? We're about to find out.

I would add that everything good Levy has done for the club is related to property development. Other than hiring Pochettino.

Levy is at a crossroads. Pochettino has taken the club FAR beyond the original plan of top 4 going into the new stadium.

How ironic would it be if we didn't get top 4 this season and didn't have it when we move into the new stadium because Levy didn't deliver on time.

In addition to this, I agree with Pochettino, if we continue this MO with increased revenues from the stadium we will never be a real contender......unless FFP is truly enforced.

Relying on regulation to secure your success is not a smart strategy IMO.

Does MP deserve to lose his job if we don't get top 4 this season? I don't think so.

How are we FAR beyond the plan of top 4?
We haven't won anything, we are not aiming to won anything, and our stated mission is... Top 4.

People seem to think that the project started when Poch joined, they are wrong. For all Levy's faults, under him we have progressed from a bottom table club to mid table, upper mid, top 6 and now top 4. How does Pochetinno take all the credit for that is beyond me.

To answer your last question, if we dont get top 4 then Poch has failed he needs to go.