👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Page 56 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

With success on the pitch, increased revenue from various ventures, and a healthy global recognition, who needs sponsors? The 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' can sponsor itself. I'm sure every supporter loves the name. Even so, naming rights on the back burner is a nice safety-net to have. The 'Levy Out' brigade have been conspicuous by their absence for a while.

I am not a 'Levy Out' person and it feels like having that stance is paying off considering how other clubs are in complete messes with finances and FFP. He isn't clear of criticism though and has made some appalling footballing decisions in his time.

The moment for Levy is now though as he can't hide from the club not earning success. He's hired what seems to be the right people (Munn, Lange and Ange) and we appeared to be on an upwards trajectory again. Our recruitment has improved drastically since Paratici was hired. The fact is though, if Levy were to leave tomorrow the majority of people in football would say he failed. Obviously there is plenty of good he has accomplished but it will all come down to the successes.

I am not a 'Levy Out' person and it feels like having that stance is paying off considering how other clubs are in complete messes with finances and FFP. He isn't clear of criticism though and has made some appalling footballing decisions in his time.

The moment for Levy is now though as he can't hide from the club not earning success. He's hired what seems to be the right people (Munn, Lange and Ange) and we appeared to be on an upwards trajectory again. Our recruitment has improved drastically since Paratici was hired. The fact is though, if Levy were to leave tomorrow the majority of people in football would say he failed. Obviously there is plenty of good he has accomplished but it will all come down to the successes.
If Levy were to leave tomorrow and we were to go on and have sustained success over the next 10 years then no one could doubt the foundations he laid for that success.

Perfect? No

But there’s a lot he’s gotten right aswell.

Correct, Spurs chairmen are measured on trophies. We should wait until we have some before blowing smoke up anyone's arse. Not that we don't appreciate the good work on the journey.

I don't think I should judge anyone solely on silverware but it probably contributes 70% of the final rating.

For that purpose, I'm firmly in levy out camp. His continual meddling has set the club back so many times. It's nice he apologises for dropping the ball but it means so little as he's done it so often. He's made us a banter club.

Levy continues to push out the boat, as our revenues grow so does our transfer and wages budget - yet still kept under close control, I'm told the race track is generating healthy returns with most non=playing weekends sold out completely. Impressive.

Now after recent news on concerts, he's pushing again.

We've entered into discussions to lift events from the 16 permitted a year to 30..

It could make a huge impact on the local economy and virtually every community group (more jobs/work) and every hospitality outlet are already fully behind the plans according to locals.

It was recently announced that Spurs have become London’s highest-revenue-generating club, with a large part of that revenue raised in the 2022/23 season as a result of the external events hosted in N17.

Tottenham overtaking the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea in any financial league would have been something of a pipe dream even 10 years ago, but today it is a reality, and Levy isn't stopping there.

Levy recently revealed that he had yet another multi-million masterplan up his sleeve when it was announced via Spurs’ official X account (13 February) that Pearl Jam would be taking to the stage at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday 29 June.

And now, it looks as if a few more bands might be heading to North London.

The poster that was on display at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium revealed that the club will be applying for this permission.

Ahead of submitting their application, Spurs have consulted with the Club’s Business and Community Liason Group as well as the Tottenham Trades’ Partnership.

Spurs would like the flexibility to host up to 30 non-football major events per year to “support the Club’s growth plans and drive greater socio-economic benefits to the local economy.”

When Beyonce performed at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last year, ticket prices ranged anywhere from ÂŁ56.25 to a staggering ÂŁ2,400.

As per the Daily Mail (25 January), 238,000 attended the five concerts, an average of 47,600 per night. If each ticket was sold at the lowest price point of ÂŁ56.25, then each night would have generated ÂŁ2.6million, and that is before taking into account the sales of food and drink. Some suggest that the five concerts generated in excess of ÂŁ20 mill in total. So adding another 14 events could be a significant addition to our bottom line and free cash.

Levy is clearly showing no signs of slowing down the club’s commercial ambitions, and with supporters recognising that he's keeping his word to invest everything the stadium earns into the team, the future really is looking bright for Spurs fans.

Levy continues to push out the boat, as our revenues grow so does our transfer and wages budget - yet still kept under close control, I'm told the race track is generating healthy returns with most non=playing weekends sold out completely. Impressive.

We've entered into discussions to lift events from the 16 permitted a year to 30..

It could make a huge impact on the local economy and virtually every community group (more jobs/work) and every hospitality outlet are already fully behind the plans according to locals.

It was recently announced that Spurs have become London’s highest-revenue-generating club, with a large part of that revenue raised in the 2022/23 season as a result of the external events hosted in N17.

Tottenham overtaking the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea in any financial league would have been something of a pipe dream even 10 years ago, but today it is a reality, and Levy isn't stopping there.

Levy recently revealed that he had yet another multi-million masterplan up his sleeve when it was announced via Spurs’ official X account (13 February) that Pearl Jam would be taking to the stage at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday 29 June.

The poster that was on display at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium revealed that the club will be applying for this permission.

Ahead of submitting their application, Spurs have consulted with the Club’s Business and Community Liason Group as well as the Tottenham Trades’ Partnership.

Spurs would like the flexibility to host up to 30 non-football major events per year to “support the Club’s growth plans and drive greater socio-economic benefits to the local economy.”

When Beyonce performed at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last year, ticket prices ranged anywhere from ÂŁ56.25 to a staggering ÂŁ2,400.

As per the Daily Mail (25 January), 238,000 attended the five concerts, an average of 47,600 per night. If each ticket was sold at the lowest price point of ÂŁ56.25, then each night would have generated ÂŁ2.6million, and that is before taking into account the sales of food and drink. Some suggest that the five concerts generated in excess of ÂŁ20 mill in total. So adding another 14 events could be a significant addition to our bottom line and free cash.

Levy is clearly showing no signs of slowing down the club’s commercial ambitions, and with supporters recognising that he's keeping his word to invest everything the stadium earns into the team, the future really is looking bright for Spurs fans.
I think even the doubting Thomases are coming round now!

It's going to become a boom for the local economy. More revenue doesn't automatically yield better results but it should allow us to compete alongside the biggest clubs in world football, so we will be be in a much better place because of it.

Would like to spend an evening at the stadium for one of these bands. Don't mind Pearl Jam but that wouldn't bring me into London. I'd have loved to have seen the Gaga concert. My sister and niece went.

Just bought ACDC Wembley for July. They were ÂŁ160 each. That ÂŁ20m could be very conservative.

Would like to spend an evening at the stadium for one of these bands. Don't mind Pearl Jam but that wouldn't bring me into London. I'd have loved to have seen the Gaga concert. My sister and niece went.

Just bought ACDC Wembley for July. They were ÂŁ160 each. That ÂŁ20m could be very conservative.
Got Tickets myself Mutters mate,€150 ,they are playing Croke Park in August. This is my 4th time seeing them, absolutely class act.

For some reason I cannot get into Pearl Jam, I know they have a massive following, but as I said prior not for me....Come On You Iron Maiden...love em. Lol!

I’ve never really set out completely what I’ve thought of Levy over the years.
Ok we’ve all had the occasional rant because things weren’t going the best but to give my overall opinion of Levy, I have to say he has a 10 from me. No one is popular all the time but judge Levy over his full tenure, and look at what our club has achieved as a modern club. Ok maybe the team has yet to crack open the football scene but look at our assets and we are still pushing top 4.
Training facilities are top deck, so is the stadium and the money planning is there to give us great stability and better income from many angles. Not many clubs have such status. If we get a couple of trophy’s soon and crack the league title we’ll be hailed as top dogs. And I don’t think we’re far from that. If our injuries hadn’t hit us early in the season, we would have made much better progress and been a few games higher in the league . Given, the Cobbers first stab at it, with limited team abilities, I think he’s experimenting well with academy players etc.

I think we’re looking good. Sad we didn’t get a trophy, I was mad at the way Manky City won their game, dumping us out of the cup but hey, we can still crack on this season. We have some big games left.

So for me, Mr Levy has done well and I don’t think we can do much better. Well done Daniel. You got my vote.

I’ve never really set out completely what I’ve thought of Levy over the years.
Ok we’ve all had the occasional rant because things weren’t going the best but to give my overall opinion of Levy, I have to say he has a 10 from me. No one is popular all the time but judge Levy over his full tenure, and look at what our club has achieved as a modern club. Ok maybe the team has yet to crack open the football scene but look at our assets and we are still pushing top 4.
Training facilities are top deck, so is the stadium and the money planning is there to give us great stability and better income from many angles. Not many clubs have such status. If we get a couple of trophy’s soon and crack the league title we’ll be hailed as top dogs. And I don’t think we’re far from that. If our injuries hadn’t hit us early in the season, we would have made much better progress and been a few games higher in the league . Given, the Cobbers first stab at it, with limited team abilities, I think he’s experimenting well with academy players etc.

I think we’re looking good. Sad we didn’t get a trophy, I was mad at the way Manky City won their game, dumping us out of the cup but hey, we can still crack on this season. We have some big games left.

So for me, Mr Levy has done well and I don’t think we can do much better. Well done Daniel. You got my vote.
How you bearing up now?

Maybe he should apply for the Abba musical as well - he would sing Money Money Money so well

He clearly wants to price the mainstay out for tourist deals

Maybe he should apply for the Abba musical as well - he would sing Money Money Money so well

He clearly wants to price the mainstay out for tourist deals
The 'problem' is our ageing support, from next year 4 times as many fans would have qualified for the concession, by 2030, the project was that 20% of our fans base would be eligible for it - so I can see why they've decided to head that revenue problem now.

I have no qualms with the 6% increase, they've held it down well for nigh on 5 years when inflation has gone rampant.

They're phasing it out, which I can understand and I'd even perhaps support it if they did more to attract younger supporters to take up the slack, but they haven't.

The 'problem' is our ageing support, from next year 4 times as many fans would have qualified for the concession, by 2030, the project was that 20% of our fans base would be eligible for it - so I can see why they've decided to head that revenue problem now.

I have no qualms with the 6% increase, they've held it down well for nigh on 5 years when inflation has gone rampant.

They're phasing it out, which I can understand and I'd even perhaps support it if they did more to attract younger supporters to take up the slack, but they haven't.
Good answer SpX but for me as one of the ageing fans - I cant get a seat anyhow even with OneH+ ... too may sold to Tourists for my liking