dan burn | Page 4 | Vital Football

dan burn

Bollocks, own goal from a goalkeeping error that he could do nothing about, and he gave a penalty away, golden balls Reece James gave a very similar penalty away rececently , I don't remember you bring up an old thread for that.

Okay , he's not had a nightmare cos LMB says its bollocks.
I didn't see the Chelsea game.
Happy New Year.

Traore has ripped far better thought of defenders than Dan Burn since he came to the UK, so what is your point, Brighton's current manager and last one seen to think he is up to the job, but as always you know better.
On a bit of a mission with me it seems - no need for the personals

No genius required to know Burn is no left back - he struggled there in L1 FFS 🙈
Nowt to do with Traore - Sakar smoked him as well - clearly Potter didn't learn
PS still waiting for yr reply on Naismith thread post #19 - touche 😁

On a bit of a mission with me it seems - no need for the personals

No genius required to know Burn is no left back - he struggled there in L1 FFS 🙈
Nowt to do with Traore - Sakar smoked him as well - clearly Potter didn't learn
PS still waiting for yr reply on Naismith thread post #19 - touche 😁

Tell me which part I didn't reply to was it your opinionated nonsense by any chance where you know better than everyone else directly involved.

Tell me which part I didn't reply to was it your opinionated nonsense by any chance where you know better than everyone else directly involved.
In your view it's opinionated nonsense that's great then 👍
As we are on a forum isn't about all about opinions ? (nonsense or good sense). Don't pretend to know better than anyone. Simply have an opinion and support it - or have I completely misunderstood what the definition of a forum is ?
I asked you directly if you thought it sensible for a pro footballer with an injury to travel 11 hours (for a medical) and should that not be called out and challenged when it prevented selection in an important game - yes or no

Oh and please do lay out the supporting evidence of Dan Burn being an effective PL left back so we can have a proper debate - as you are now swerving that as well 😁

As we are on a forum isn't about all about opinions ? (nonsense or good sense). Don't pretend to know better than anyone. Simply have an opinion and support it - or have I completely misunderstood what the definition of a forum is ?
I asked you directly if you thought it sensible for a pro footballer with an injury to travel 11 hours (for a medical) and should that not be called out and challenged when it prevented selection in an important game - yes or no
He isn't in an iron lung for christs sake, a few years ago I sat next to Jon Stead and his family on his way home from Dubai, he had a full plaster cast on his leg and was on crutches, he managed ok, the reason I did not respond to this in the first place is I thought, as mooney did, your reasoning was stupid and not worth a reply, sorry that isn't quite right moonay did reply to you telling you your logic was stupid..

He isn't in an iron lung for christs sake, a few years ago I sat next to Jon Stead and his family on his way home from Dubai, he had a full plaster cast on his leg and was on crutches, he managed ok, the reason I did not respond to this in the first place is I thought, as mooney did, your reasoning was stupid and not worth a reply, sorry that isn't quite right moonay did reply to you telling you your logic was stupid..
Spectacularly missing (or swerving) the point - just for a change - have another read through and maybe, just maybe the penny will drop - check😉

He’s a professional- 11 hours on a plane is nothing - grow up !

Spectacularly missing (or swerving) the point - just for a change - have another read through and maybe, just maybe the penny will drop - check😉
C'mon then brain box explain wtf you are on about then I cannot miss of swerve the question.

Ben White was one of the best central defenders in the Championship last season and Potter has him playing central midfield. No wonder they are struggling.

C'mon then brain box explain wtf you are on about then I cannot miss of swerve the question.
So far we've had "know all" "nonsense" "stupid" and "brain box" you need to grow up pal it's childish and your embarrassing yourself.
It's not about being fit to fly (though to your Stead story I do hope he had the cast split and raised to avoid the heightened risk of DVT - flights over 2 hours in a cast are not advised btw).
Point is he clearly was fit to fly as there was nothing wrong with him yet was pulled from an important game due to "a slight knock"
Now if you wish to swallow the bs from the club and the failure of the press to challenge it fine your perogative. If you wish to support it and push back on my position fine no problem - just do it like a grown up

So far we've had "know all" "nonsense" "stupid" and "brain box" you need to grow up pal it's childish and your embarrassing yourself.
It's not about being fit to fly (though to your Stead story I do hope he had the cast split and raised to avoid the heightened risk of DVT - flights over 2 hours in a cast are not advised btw).
Point is he clearly was fit to fly as there was nothing wrong with him yet was pulled from an important game due to "a slight knock"
Now if you wish to swallow the bs from the club and the failure of the press to challenge it fine your perogative. If you wish to support it and push back on my position fine no problem - just do it like a grown up

As said before which seems to have gone over your head, Richardson relayed that news, if Kendrick had challenged him and made him out a liar what would it have done for any future relationship which is built on trust.

If you are too thick to see or acknowledge that the previous analogies I have used for you are grossly understated.

Reactions: GSM
As said before which seems to have gone over your head, Richardson relayed that news, if Kendrick had challenged him and made him out a liar what would it have done for any future relationship which is built on trust.

If you are too thick to see or acknowledge that the previous analogies I have used for you are grossly understated.
Thick I am not, challenging is more appropriate.
Seems neither the club, the press or yourself enjoy being challenged - if you can resort only to insults no point debating with you.
If that's all you have in your bag don't bother

if Kendrick had challenged him and made him out a liar what would it have done for any future relationship which is built on trust.

That is exactly the point that Hampton is trying to make. Bollox to the trust and future relationships, do the job you are paid to do and be a journalist, dig deeper and challenge the bullshit you are being fed and stop being used as a Press Officer for the club.

That is exactly the point that Hampton is trying to make. Bollox to the trust and future relationships, do the job you are paid to do and be a journalist, dig deeper and challenge the bullshit you are being fed and stop being used as a Press Officer for the club.

Come on mate ........ it's a local newspaper, that's all. He's not there to get scoops of any kind. He's reliant on maintaining decent relationships with key club personnel in order to get an ongoing output of topical, (hopefully interesting), but probably trivial, information.

However, most Tics fans it seems don't either buy the "rag" he works for anyway ....... , and nor do they subscribe to the website of the said rag.

So, he's expected to push and dig for "the truth", or something equally as inciteful or incisive, rather than merely accepting whatever platitudes he's given by the club............................. yet there's no obvious way that he (through his employer) might have a chance of getting paid for his efforts.

He's on a hiding to nothing.

Come on mate ........ it's a local newspaper, that's all. He's not there to get scoops of any kind. He's reliant on maintaining decent relationships with key club personnel in order to get an ongoing output of topical, (hopefully interesting), but probably trivial, information.

However, most Tics fans it seems don't either buy the "rag" he works for anyway ....... , and nor do they subscribe to the website of the said rag.

So, he's expected to push and dig for "the truth", or something equally as inciteful or incisive, rather than merely accepting whatever platitudes he's given by the club............................. yet there's no obvious way that he (through his employer) might have a chance of getting paid for his efforts.

He's on a hiding to nothing.

Maybe with the new ownership the paper might start asking themselves :
"Why don't most Tics fans buy or subscribe to the website?
Is it because we don't report any scoops or we dont push and dig for the truth?"

If PK's primary job description is to report on Latics and yet as you claim most fans it seems dont buy or subscribe to his rag then good luck to him.
Nice bloke but what he asks and reports on is available via the clubs official feed.

Edit: most replaces no and the word seems also added as per Moonay's reply.

Last edited:
Bollocks, own goal from a goalkeeping error that he could do nothing about, and he gave a penalty away, golden balls Reece James gave a very similar penalty away rececently , I don't remember you bring up an old thread for that.

...and Messrs Lineker & Shearer were also talking bollocks on MOTD last night when they also said Burn had a match to forget.

......... and yet as you claim no fans buy or subscribe to his rag ............

I didn't claim that though Sid. Firstly, I said "most", not "no" ......... and secondly, I said "it seems" they don't, as I was simply reflecting on what many on here, FB and twitter have said.

I subscribe, so I already know that at least one fan does.

I didn't claim that though Sid. Firstly, I said "most", not "no" ......... and secondly, I said "it seems" they don't, as I was simply reflecting on what many on here, FB and twitter have said.

I subscribe, so I already know that at least one fan does.
I also subscribe so I can keep abreast of what is actually coming out of the club and how many "awkward questions" follow 😉

I don't subscribe simply because I am able to find any information that they publish is available for free on other news outlets. The 5 free articles a week they offer is enough for me.