dan burn | Page 3 | Vital Football

dan burn

I cant see Burn saying about staying longer unless the idea had been floated to him but it is strange for Brighton to pay so much and then not take him there in January. Guess it could depend on how Brighton are doing at the time and if they have any injuries. To be honest i can see him going but i also have a feeling he could end up back with us eventually.

When the window opens we need to get a new proper left back and we clearly aren't looking to split up Dunkley and Kipre unless there is an injury so Burn doesn't really fit in the starting 11 despite his quality. If he goes in January hopefully it shouldn't be as big a loss as it would've felt in the summer.

When the window opens we need to get a new proper left back and we clearly aren't looking to split up Dunkley and Kipre unless there is an injury so Burn doesn't really fit in the starting 11 despite his quality. If he goes in January hopefully it shouldn't be as big a loss as it would've felt in the summer.

wernt a fan of the jan window sistem in the past but im reely looking forward to this next one and i hope im not disapointed. new owners with some new cash and a few new pleyers will help settle the teem. these injuries and pleying lads out of positeon in games is unsetling the teem and if cook dont do sommart about it i think we could be in the rong half of the table going into the last qwarter of the seeson. not doom n gloom just an observateon.

I wouldn’t hold your breath on the money brick! - unless it’s from player sales
Also have a sense we will be looking uncomfortably over the showder last few games ?

a mon can dreem.

think you mite be rite about the last few games an all.

We will be in a relegation battle at the end of the season, and for the majority of us if the truth is known it is what we expected. We all hope for better things but one must face the fact that this is one of the most competitive leagues around, it is not called the league of sharks because pundits think it a fancy name. I just hope that we do survive to build on this season, and go on to better things, and let us not forget that cooky as not managed at this level, and unless he faces up to the fact that a win is 3 points and a draw 1 he will fail.

Even assuming Powell wants to go and equally some one wants him, he’ll be in the last 6 months of his contract, so he won’t raise much in the way of transfer funds.
The Honk Kong owners didn’t appear to be shouting about spending a great deal either , unless they were deliberately trying to dampen down other clubs price expectations ?

Even assuming Powell wants to go and equally some one wants him, he’ll be in the last 6 months of his contract, so he won’t raise much in the way of transfer funds.
The Honk Kong owners didn’t appear to be shouting about spending a great deal either , unless they were deliberately trying to dampen down other clubs price expectations ?
So why not do a blackburn with Dack sign him on a new long term contract with a massive weekly wage (only payable for a few weeks) to be netted off against the much higher transfer fee then due when we sell in Jan ?

There’s 2 months until the January Transfer Window. For any business that relies on making profit on players you need to have your biggest stars under long-term contracts. We’ve started to do that with Youth Team players who we feared may go. Now let’s seen us do the same with First Team players.

We will be in a relegation battle at the end of the season, and for the majority of us if the truth is known it is what we expected. We all hope for better things but one must face the fact that this is one of the most competitive leagues around, it is not called the league of sharks because pundits think it a fancy name. I just hope that we do survive to build on this season, and go on to better things, and let us not forget that cooky as not managed at this level, and unless he faces up to the fact that a win is 3 points and a draw 1 he will fail.
Joyce made the 1 point mistake!

So why not do a blackburn with Dack sign him on a new long term contract with a massive weekly wage (only payable for a few weeks) to be netted off against the much higher transfer fee then due when we sell in Jan ?[/QUOTE
Well that’s one way it could go, but it relies on Powell ....if he signs a long term deal with a clear eye on a Jan move, then he’s just undermined his position....because his price has just shot up dramatically and he might price himself out of a move, or Latics might snub what they see as too low an offer and he’s stuck here.
Him signing a new long term contract suits us, but not necessarily him.

Why would Powell sign a new contract with a view to moving in January when he knows he could just go for free in the summer or we’ll sell him in January anyway in a desperate attempt to get some money from him. Him and his agent have got us by the balls, it’s as simple as that.

I can’t see us letting him go for free especially as promotion looks a bridge too far this season and we should avoid relegation so really we would probably just about cope without him until we can sign a proper replacement in the summer. I think it goes one of two ways, either he signs a new deal between now and January 31st, or we sell him before February 1st.

Had a look at Burns contribution since returning. Against Preston, he came on just before half time at 0-1 down. 45 mins at CB 3 goals against. Against West brom at LB 90 mins no goals against. Against Millwall 45 mins at LB no goals against, 45 mins at CB 2 goals against. Against Sheffield utd 90 mins at CB 4 goals against. 180 mins at CB 9 goals against, 135 mins at LB no goals against.

4.5 goals against per a game currently at Cb and 0 at fullback. If he continues to be chosen ahead of Kipre i hope those numbers improve. As before his return we hadn't let in more than 3, which was only on one occasion in our 3-2 loss vs Villa.

On Powell, even on a long contract we would never receive a massive fee. No club would consider spending 15m+ on him, due to his weak body. He regularly plays at 75% and has to hold back throughout the game to avoid injury and on his days at 50% he's standing around not able to press. Quality player, but unfortunately it's not just a single issue with him like hamstrings ect. His injuries are all over, even with special treatment.

I know there is a lot of paper talk about Powell but honestly, which manager in their right mind would want to take a chance on a player that cannot play 90 minutes. Just look at the flak Cook is getting for not playing McManaman who is in a similar situation. Surely Powell would only want to leave for the chance of Premiership football but with his fitness and injury problems any premiership club wanting to take the chance would be mad. I love Nick, but he is what he is, and I think Nick realises that and is happy to be at a club where he is idolised and has a manager that understands him. Will he leave? Who knows, money talks and if the right offer came along then could he resist one more chance at the top level.

Wasn't great at LB in L1 never mind the prem.
Traore's ripping him a new one and not surprisingly 🙈

Looks like Graham Potter has been reading the Paul Cook coaching manual of left back selection 🤣
For every Naismith there's a Burn.
Talk about throwing players under the bus, or in Dan's case tonight the Traore Express

Wasn't great at LB in L1 never mind the prem.
Traore's ripping him a new one and not surprisingly 🙈

Traore has ripped far better thought of defenders than Dan Burn since he came to the UK, so what is your point, Brighton's current manager and last one seen to think he is up to the job, but as always you know better.