Dalian Atkinson | Page 6 | Vital Football

Dalian Atkinson

The West Mercia police force have sincerely apologised for Dalians death.
I'm sure that's a great comfort to the family.
I didn't hear anything about them being sorry about it taking the best part of 5 years.
Maybe the family should bring civil suits against Monk and the West Mercia police force, for robbing Dalian of his inalienable right to life and assault and battery causing grievious bodily harm.

8 years for killing a defenceless man having mental health crisis. I suspect that if Dalian hadn't been a famous footballer this guy would have got a lot less.

I would still like to know if the policeman knew who Dalian was, and if that contributed to having the taser on for however long he had it on for.

Had Dalian not been Dalian and just an ordinary person, would the taser have been used more responsibly or perhaps he might not not been kicked in the head?

I don’t know if this interrogation has happened or not, but to me it’s very important as it’s the difference between a very severe case manslaughter (as deemed by the courts not necessarily my opinion), and murder.

Last edited:
I really don't get how our judicial system works really !! 8 years for killing a human being !!
But a rapist gets 9 years for just one offence how does that compute ???
Dalian was some player. He and Deano were a classy partnership, rapier and sword. Still feel that he had more in the tank and didnt realise his full potential. Deano,on the other hand, gave 100 per cent in every game. My brother met Deano when the Welsh wizard had retired and he was very upbeat about the Villa, loving his time at the Villa.

Dalian was some player. He and Deano were a classy partnership, rapier and sword. Still feel that he had more in the tank and didnt realise his full potential. Deano,on the other hand, gave 100 per cent in every game. My brother met Deano when the Welsh wizard had retired and he was very upbeat about the Villa, loving his time at the Villa.

Good times.

I would imagine the apology was made once they were legally ok to do so. I don't know, but that would be my hunch, in case the one convicted appealed or whatever.