Dagenham and Redbridge | Vital Football

Dagenham and Redbridge

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
As always I shall go along to this game with HOPE of a positive result, but without any expectations. Will Bates' sacking and Hignett taking temporary charge have an impact on morale, hopefully a positive effect.
It will be interesting to see if there are any changes to the starting lineup, though there isn't a deal of scope, or to the formation. Previously Hignett favoured 4 3 3, so assuming he goes in this direction I'd select
Loach
Kioso, Magnay, Anderson, Kitching
McLaughlin
Noble, Newton
Donaldson
James, O'Neill

Playing a diamond formation in midfield should help to provide support to our beleaguered defence and shot shy attack.

If Bates was still in charge it would be a certain defeat but with Bates gone, everything is up in the air so it is very hard to predict. The players (some of them) may play out of their skins for Hignett or go into their shells. I think a draw would be great result all things considered.

Well just back from the match and I can't believe we lost! Pools dominated for much of the match and Loach was hardly troubled.
Conceding 2 goals in the 90th and 90+ minutes was probably down to unnecessary substitutions coupled with a lack of defensive ruthlessness by Newton - not a problem D&R had when James was away.

Starting to think Pools are cursed as we surely don't earn the bad luck we get at times

Another far post header! I wonder how many of those we have conceded this season? Must be double figures by now.